Patrick Chan | Page 390 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
At around 15:00.

Thank you. Direct mention of Patrick starts around 16:00, preceded by a question about Hanyu.

I concur with Patrick's "Classier qualities". :2thumbs: (I think he said classier quality but I prefer qualities. :) )

eta: If you were like me and hesitated at the length of the video (over 1 1/2 hrs), whether or not it's because, like me, you can't stand watching Dave for that long, Patrick is mentioned early, and discussion starts at 7:50.

LOL at mention of fans attempt to bypass YT's censor.

Last edited:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
All right, I'm back and still exhausted from the weekend, now I'll get back to work... catching up on Pchiddy, of course. :laugh: Then I still have to do my holiday shopping...:eeking:

What! what! Talk us

don`t be mean, just tell us.

In the past, his signatures all looked like this - very straightforward and easy to read. Also, see the signature on the bottle of icewine he autographed for Krunchii (photo).

This season (from October on) I noticed that the "a" in "Chan" has started to look more looped like this - not all the time, but enough for me to notice. The "a" in Patrick is a bit different as well.

Now, this could mean nothing at all, but it is a change from the previous years of siggys that I've seen.

Come to think of it, I've been in bed with a flu this past week, and I also lost money with my online trading. It hasn't even occurred to me to be miserable and sour, except maybe a little impatient with this flu. (I was flu free for about 15 years before moving here when I started having it each winter. I think it's the mold in the house.)

VB, I wish you a fast and full recovery from the flu. May warmth and light surround you. :)

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Thank you! I feel the warmth and light. :yes: And got an additional dose from this photo of two angels you linked:
:love:

That's great!

Blade Curvature Gauge -. Featuring Patrick Chan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6p8RVltmbw

New video and interview (english video and japanese text; i don´t know if the text is a traslation about video or diferent)

http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/interview/2016_2017/chan.html

And new beautiful photo

http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/interview/2016_2017/chan.html

The blade curvature video is the same one I posted a few days ago. I'll see if I can do a transcript of what he said there.

The video from Canon is his greeting to the Japanese fans, thanking them for their support and telling them he hopes to go to Worlds and 4CC with this 2 4T and one 4S. The text in the article is the interview and goes into more depth.

By the way, here's the condition of Patrick's silver medal now:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOINI7Xjugy/

It's been handled so much that the silver is wearing off (hat tip to @QuadAxel3T)!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
actually... in reality, pure gold wears off more... that's why there's alloy... but yeah... Patrick's heart is another story :) gotta love that kid ;)

Solid gold, my friend, is what I talked about. Not pure gold plating.

Pure gold is soft but it does not get corroded, unaffected by most acids and bases, thus its legendary value and status as an object of treasure hunts. Being soft and malleable, it can be pounded into a wide semi transparent sheet without breaking. That's a different kind of real strength. The kind that does not wear off. :)

Alloys with other metals are harder and coloured but ah, there is not the same lustre, allure and value.

A heart of gold is not a gold plated medal. It is soft but strong. It does not wear off and is forever cherishable.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Solid gold, my friend, is what I talked about. Not pure gold plating.

Pure gold is soft but it does not get corroded, unaffected by most acids and bases, thus its legendary value and status as an object of treasure hunts. Being soft and malleable, it can be pounded into a wide semi transparent sheet without breaking. That's a different kind of real strength. The kind that does not wear off. :)

Alloys with other metals are harder and coloured but ah, there is not the same lustre, allure and value.

A heart of gold is not a gold plated medal. It is soft but strong. It does not wear off and is forever cherishable.

i never talked about plating..

gold, may it be a small ring or a solid bar, will get damaged as it is a softer metal ;)

try this..

Big hammer... solid bar of gold... hit hit hit... tell me if you don't see it wearing off ;)

same with diamonds.. my jeweler always said "people are dumb... they think diamonds are eternal.. let me show you something.. big hammer... small crystal... who wins???"

yeah the hammer won everytime ;)

platinum is even softer hehe ;)

so i was talking first degree... if you feel metaphorical, well not my problem my dear golden bud ;)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
i never talked about plating..

gold, may it be a small ring or a solid bar, will get damaged as it is a softer metal ;)

try this..

Big hammer... solid bar of gold... hit hit hit... tell me if you don't see it wearing off ;)

same with diamonds.. my jeweler always said "people are dumb... they think diamonds are eternal.. let me show you something.. big hammer... small crystal... who wins???"

yeah the hammer won everytime ;)

platinum is even softer hehe ;)

so i was talking first degree... if you feel metaphorical, well not my problem my dear golden bud ;)

You remind me of my jewelry designer friend who laughed hard at my quote that if your only tool is a hammer all problems look like nails. His new hire loved the hammer.

Pounding on gold will thin and spread it out instead of breaking it. That's the strength of softness. Prime example: water, which wears down the hardest rocks to form cranyons. Malleability is another strength. Bamboo swings with the strongest winds and withstand tsunamis that break and uproot the big strong trees.

I doubt Patrick's silver medal wears off because people hammer on it.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
never mind VB :) i give up ;)

i just rewatched patrick's coc and gpf lps.... funny enough... i preferred the gpf.... of course the jumps weren't there but we can see how bad the ice was too.... but there is something in the performance that touched me even more than coc...

oh and am i the only one who really likes patrick's new costume????

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
never mind VB :) i give up ;)

i just rewatched patrick's coc and gpf lps.... funny enough... i preferred the gpf.... of course the jumps weren't there but we can see how bad the ice was too.... but there is something in the performance that touched me even more than coc...

oh and am i the only one who really likes patrick's new costume????
No, you're not. I really like it too because ever since I saw my current avatar the shirt reminds me of a sunset. The new costume gave the GPF LP an advantage over COC before Patrick even started skating. :laugh: I feel like Patrick is getting more into A Journey emotionally with each outing.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
i think the gingerbread man is more likely to eat Patrick... Patrick has been skinnier and skinnier since his comeback... I know he wanted to get back to his leaner jumping body... i'd say mission accomplished..

:laugh2: Yes, he does look very thin nowadays...

See how skinny he is by scrolling through the photos in my latest blog post:

Patrick Chan Year End Update, December 22, 2016

It's a hodgepodge including a transcript of what Patrick said in his Canon interview video, the icewine event, Undolaure's party story, and highlights from the year!