Plushenko Has Operation in Germany | Golden Skate

Plushenko Has Operation in Germany

lotusland

On the Ice
Put this through Babble Fish for translation:

http://www.utro.ru/articles/2005/04/05/424929.shtml

Plyushchenko they operated that traumatized it smelled Svetlana Orlov, on 05 April, 10:59 Lenty.ru: Saakashvili it explained, why it forewent the encounter... REGNUM: Georgia: without the light, the water, the work and the "pink glasses" To Russian figure skater to Yevgeny Plyushchenko made two operations. Week ago it and its trainer Aleksey mishin departed into Munich, where the local doctors placed to athlete diagnosis "inguinal ruptures". Last Thursday Plyushchenko they removed rupture from the right side, on Friday - from the left. According to the teacher, in the beginning of May Plyushchenko already will be able to approach the trainings on ice. On this in the interview of the "time of news" described the President of the federation of figure skating of Russia Valentina piseyevs. Let us recall, Plyushchenko in the middle of March it were removed from the competitions on the championship of the peace in figure skating, which was passed to Moscow, because of the injury. On the sums of qualification and short program Yevgeny occupied the third place following a Swiss by Stephan Lamb'elem and the Frenchman by Brian zhyuber. Short program Yevgeny otkatal is unsuccessful: it fell during the performance of sheepskin coat into four revolutions, without having fixed horse on ice after landing. The injuries, which recently literally pursue our compatriot, were said: in the course of qualification to the injury of groin the injury of back was added. "today to me they made an intramuscular prick, so that during the appearance pain only poutikhla. But because of the injury of groin I was prepared only two weeks, in this dead time it is unreal to collect optimum form. Certainly, it would be possible to pass tournament, but I selected another way, about which I do not feel sorry. Version is not excluded, that I will lose the championship of peace. But nothing terrible, nevertheless as a result everything will be good. The main thing, that 4 it did not bring fans, indeed Russia greater than century did not assume the tournament of this rank ", said Yevgeny after arbitrary program. Marry theoretically still it was chance to conquer after short program u - for this it was necessary to flawlessly otkatat' arbitrary program. But Aleksey mishin, trainer Plyushchenko, the day before recognized that in this state the Russian hardly will be able to win. "in the show be rolled he can and now, and here to come out in the manner that the champion of peace must come out - here about this there are doubts", stated teacher. After several days became known that the operation will be required figure skater. It passed the short-term course of treatment in the central institute of traumatology and orthopedics in Moscow. Capital physicians refer to what the discussion deals with the inflammation. In order to place precise diagnosis and to manufacture correct treatment, athlete left for the boundary.

Next step ... let the operation(s) heal properly and then onto the knees and back, or is it the back and then the knees? Either way, best of rehabilitative luck to Evgeny! :)

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
where the local doctors placed to athlete diagnosis "inguinal ruptures". Last Thursday Plyushchenko they removed rupture from the right side, on Friday - from the leftist

OUCH!!!

"It fell during the performance of sheepskin coat into four revolutions, without having fixed horse on ice after landing."

I love babblefish! Ptichka, if you are back from your honeymoon, help!

MM

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Mathman, here's a translation of that quote:

"Evgeny did not have a successful SP skate: he fell during the quad toeloop, without checking out the blade on ice after landing."

Yep, got to love the bubble fish! It also translated the links to other stories, hence the completely out of place reference to pink glasses in Georgia :rofl:

Yana

emma

Record Breaker
OMG...i'm still laughing about the translation...thanks for telling us the pink thing wasn't related, I was totally lost. LOL....do we know if Plushy is ok???? thanks.

dfj

On the Ice
emma said:
....do we know if Plushy is ok???? thanks.

Word has it on another forum that he will start training again at the beginning of May. That would be very good news indeed...can't imagine fs without Evgeni.

mzheng

Record Breaker
dfj said:
Word has it on another forum that he will start training again at the beginning of May. That would be very good news indeed...can't imagine fs without Evgeni.
Thanks. That's a good news. I sure hope he'll the OGM next season, he deserves it. But I weren't be dissappointment either if Lambiel gets it.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:
"It fell during the performance of sheepskin coat into four revolutions, without having fixed horse on ice after landing."

I love babblefish! Ptichka, if you are back from your honeymoon, help!

MM
Math, quit it!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I'm glad Plush is at least taking care of the groin thing. (that's what I think this is all about....right???)

Mean time from the Babblefish translation:

"without having fixed horse on ice after landing"

I was personally counting on Plush to let me know where to place my bet for the Derby and beyond. Can anyone translate this???? :agree:

I thought all those races were fixes?? Maybe horse races need to be fixed on ice to be REALLY fixed?? Any bookies who can help me out here? I'm counting on this for my retirement fund.

DG

Linny

Final Flight
Horses

Yeah, I perked up too when I saw Horse in the translation but I couldn't figure out what it had to do with Plushy's surgery... unless, of course, considering where they were operating... oooooohhhhh no. We'd have noticed through the spandex pants.

Linny

katherine2001

On the Ice
Plushy leads a very interesting life including sheepskin coats, horses, and pink glasses. I hope he doesn't plan to have these things on the ice when he goes back out on the ice. I don't think horses belong on the ice. :p

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Ok, in Russian, "konyok" means the blade, "kon'" means a horse. "Konyok" could also be considered a diminutive version of horse.

Toeloop in Russian is "Tulup" which also means sheepskin coat.

So there you have it.

Yana

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Linny said:
Yeah, I perked up too when I saw Horse in the translation but I couldn't figure out what it had to do with Plushy's surgery... unless, of course, considering where they were operating... oooooohhhhh no. We'd have noticed through the spandex pants.

Linny

;)

I'm glad he got the surgery, and I hope he follows doctors orders. I think he's not really supposed to do much for ten days, but can be back on the ice in early May. :rock:

sk8m8

Final Flight
any mention of when/if he is going to have knee surgery in the near future?

Vash01

Medalist
STL_Blues_fan said:
Ok, in Russian, "konyok" means the blade, "kon'" means a horse. "Konyok" could also be considered a diminutive version of horse.

Toeloop in Russian is "Tulup" which also means sheepskin coat.

So there you have it.

Yana

Interesting . I guess I cannot blame Babelfish. :)

Thanks for the translation, Yana. My first expeience with Bablefish was an article I tried to read in French about Sale and Pelletier -- which were translated as "Salter and Fur Trader."

Linny -- Oh, you are so bad!:rofl:

MM

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
The only relevant part of the article is the first paragraph; everything else just recaps the Worlds, which we all know about. Here is the corrected translation (I used babblefish as the base) of that paragraph:

Plyushchenko underwent groin surgery

Russian figure skater Yevgeny Plyushchenko underwent two surgeries. A week ago he and his coach Aleksey Mishin flew to Munich, where the local doctors diagnosed "groin hernia". Last Thursday they removed hernia from the right side, on Friday - from the left. According to the coach, Plyushchenko will be able to start ice trainings in early May. We learned this from the interview the Russian Figure Skating Federation president Valinetin Piseev gave to the "News Time".