Practice reports | Golden Skate

Practice reports

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Loena had a good practice but not a great one. She had two falls I think and did some doubles and triples.
Daria does not look like a contender at this point, her jumps are really weak and she visibly struggles. She ended practice 15min early.
Stasya is so and so, one Good jump then two mediocre. Her landings are awkward.
Kaori was great but she had a terrible fall on a combo during run through and I think her coach put an ice pack on her head! I am Not sure though as I am on the opposite side of the rink. I hope nothing happened to her [emoji20]
Alina is on absolute fire, she did not miss anything and she will surely win barring any stress struggles.

Oh and I just have to say this: Alina is slow and her posture on crossovers is just so bad :(

katymay

Medalist
Loena had a good practice but not a great one. She had two falls I think and did some doubles and triples.
Daria does not look like a contender at this point, her jumps are really weak and she visibly struggles. She ended practice 15min early.
Stasya is so and so, one Good jump then two mediocre. Her landings are awkward.
Kaori was great but she had a terrible fall on a combo during run through and I think her coach put an ice pack on her head! I am Not sure though as I am on the opposite side of the rink. I hope nothing happened to her [emoji20]
Alina is on absolute fire, she did not miss anything and she will surely win barring any stress struggles.

Oh and I just have to say this: Alina is slow and her posture on crossovers is just so bad :(

Thank you for the update! Looking forward to more! I wish they would slow Alina's program down and remove some of the transitions, it seems like she is always racing to keep up with the music and powering through. (And then stooping)

Nathan13

Medalist
Interested to see if Viveca can top her Finlandia performance. Also a big fan of Emmi's jumps, hope to see them consistent here.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Interested to see if Viveca can top her Finlandia performance. Also a big fan of Emmi's jumps, hope to see them consistent here.

Neither looked particularly strong to be honest. Emmi popped a lot, but when she hit a jump it was big and Nice. Viveca looked underwhelming, she fell at least once when I was watching but in my opinion still looked better than Emmi today.

Nathan13

Medalist
Neither looked particularly strong to be honest. Emmi popped a lot, but when she hit a jump it was big and Nice. Viveca looked underwhelming, she fell at least once when I was watching but in my opinion still looked better than Emmi today.

Disappointing :slink:

lusk8

Record Breaker
I hope Kaori is OK and ready to go tomorrow.

I've now seen Alina's practice videos and she looks great. Go girl!!!!

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I met Kaori in the hallway and took a picture with her :) she looked okay and was super Sweet.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
As for men: Yuzuru and Boyang had okay practice but Not great. Yuzu had trouble with 4L and 4T+3T combo which he couldn’t land. He took a fall and hit the bands on the loop but he is okay. Boyang fell once or twice too but did a bit better than Yuzu. Junhwan looked great, maybe a tiny bit tired and he coughed so im worried If he’s sick or does he have asthma?
Kolyada is so handsome I cannot focus on anybody else in the 2nd group [emoji23] anyway he has a Good practice, No major mistakes, clean run through.
Bychenko is also so handsome! He had trouble with 3A and didn’t do any quads.
Tanaka had a good practice too and a clean run through, he’s keeping last season’s SP i think.
Lazukin has great jumps and I love his landing posture, just beautiful. He has a very Good practice so far.
Krasnozon look like a giant among them [emoji23] he seemed to lack power at the beginning but is getting better as the practice progressess.
Harris looks okay but he’s like 60% today.
I love Misha and Yuzu ❤️[emoji3]

Interspectator

Record Breaker
As for men: Yuzuru and Boyang had okay practice but Not great. Yuzu had trouble with 4L and 4T+3T combo which he couldn’t land. He took a fall and hit the bands on the loop but he is okay. Boyang fell once or twice too but did a bit better than Yuzu. Junhwan looked great, maybe a tiny bit tired and he coughed so im worried If he’s sick or does he have asthma?
Kolyada is so handsome I cannot focus on anybody else in the 2nd group [emoji23] anyway he has a Good practice, No major mistakes, clean run through.
Tanaka had a good practice too and a clean run through, he’s keeping last season’s SP i think.
Lazukin has great jumps and I love his landing posture, just beautiful. He has a very Good practice so far.
Krasnozon look like a giant among them [emoji23] he seemed to lack power at the beginning but is getting better as the practice progressess.

Thanks for the report! I'm glad that Yuzu and Boyang are keeping their best for later. There are times when Yuzu especially kills it in practice and bombs the competition. :biggrin: This is better.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom

Thanks so much for the report! Glad to hear no one is having a disastrous time, and that Junhwan's doing well and hope he isn't getting ill!

I wish I could be there SO much :drama:

rachno2

Record Breaker

Thank you so much for the report, not only for men but for the women as well!
Poor Junhwan must be exhausted after competing in so many competitions! He deserves a good rest after this one.
Boyang is such a wild card here. He could easily win or go off podium. But I think he and Yuzu will deliver.
Misha always seems to have good practices, but then falls prey to nerves in the actual competition. I wish he wasn't skating last, but somebody has to do it.
Sounds like Lazukin might pull off a top 5 finish here, which would be good for my predictions :laugh:

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Thank you so much for the report, not only for men but for the women as well!
Poor Junhwan must be exhausted after competing in so many competitions. Hopefully he's okay.
Boyang is such a wild card here. He could easily win or go off podium. I think he and Yuzu will deliver.
Misha always seems to have good practices, but then falls prey to nerves in the actual competition. I wish he wasn't skating last, but somebody has to do it.
Lazukin could pull off a top 5 finish here, which would be good for my predictions :laugh:

I agree [emoji23] Misha, Lazukin and Jun looked really good today.

I have a funny photo of Misha being mighty surprised when he just got in the venue and saw a hord of Hanyu fans waiting in the front door [emoji23]

Fluture

Record Breaker
I met Kaori in the hallway and took a picture with her :) she looked okay and was super Sweet.

That‘s good news, thank you. Good luck Kaori!!

I hope Kaori is OK and ready to go tomorrow.

I've now seen Alina's practice videos and she looks great. Go girl!!!!

Alina is looking more than ready. Also really confident and happy. Good luck to her, too!