Practice reports | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Practice reports

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
https://twitter.com/beechhangergals/status/1058316374722801664
Quick translation of report on Jun's run-through.

4T,4S skipped, just did the entries
3lz3lo
Stepsequence
FCSp
Beautiful Ina Bauer
3A saved
1A on purpose
3F3 jump combo
JULLIIIEEEEET!
CCoSp
CSSp

Yup thats it [emoji23]

Men group 1:
Harris - works super hard, jumps all the time, some combos were Amazing but he had some falls. Busy practice for him.
Virtanen - similar to Harris although the former jumped better imho.
Krasnozhon - thats a serious unknown, sometimes he is great, sometimes he is poor. He seems to have problems with his quad toe.
Lazukin - started AMAZING. Landed Gorgeous quad toes. Then he fell during run through and that was that. He started falling more :(
Jun had a lazy practice If you ask me [emoji12] he did land some Nice 3As and 4sals but fell a few times and didn’t do a full run through. Still love him though ❤️

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
@EdRoz I refer you to the post above that explains all there is to say about the matter at present. No reason to be rude to anyone around here.

Exactly. I am here, watching live and she seems to be just careless and thats it. I’m not saying she did it on purpose but she should be more careful, and she was involved in two situations like this so it seems that she does not pay much attention to skaters with whom she shares the ice. No need to be rude and condescening, its just an observation.

Anyways Lets move on to men part 2:
Tanaka had imo the best practice of all men [emoji23] he jumped beautifully, did pop some jumps but it seemed to be loss of focus, not an issue.
Kolyada - also had a very Good practice, made some minor mistakes but all in all looked great. His spins are Amazing [emoji7]
Bychenko is Bychenko. In general I would say he had a good practice, landed most jumps, doubled a few.
I have to say Yuzuru is so distracting, its hard to focus on anybody when he’s around so I didn’t see that much of Boyang and Brzezina but from What I’ve seen Jin’s consistence on the 4Lz is not as great as it used to be. Rest of his jumps were quite fine but, his practice was okay but not great. As far as I recall he fell during runthrough and fell at least once on the 4Lz. In general I felt a weird vibe from Boyang, like he was distracted maybe? No idea What to expect from him. He did very little in his practice. He jumped very nice 3A-1Lo-3sal right next to me though.
Brzezina at first popped everything (three axels in a row) but then got better and I think he had a nice runthrough but I didn’t see because Yuzu got into his zone and stopped falling on his butt finally [emoji23]
Yuzuru - first half of his practice he was all over the place. Popped three loops (attempted quads), fell on one axel and 4Sal, then all of a sudden he smashed us with a Gorgeous 4T - 3A, then fell some more [emoji23] but by the end he was so fierce, he landed 4T-3T two or three times, 3A a few times and 4Sal also 2 or 3 times and finally got the 4Lo (that was just stunning). His runthrough was so and so, he did beautiful 3F-3T and a 3Lo. Popped or fell on the 4T. Did a mindblowing inabauer and the most beautiful flying camel I have ever seen, his lines are simply superb.

Sorry for so much Yuzu but I just cant Help myself!

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I only followed men’s and ladies practices, didn’t have the strength to do all of them :( my head already hurts because of all the emotions :( but I will try to do at least some live coverage of the SP in the other topic. It starts in 12 minutes.

EdRoz

Record Breaker
Exactly. I am here, watching live and she seems to be just careless and thats it. I’m not saying she did it on purpose but she should be more careful, and she was involved in two situations like this so it seems that she does not pay much attention to skaters with whom she shares the ice. No need to be rude and condescening, its just an observation.

Thank you for your observation and attention to Alina bad behavior

0.15-0.30 All group came to support Alina

2.12-2.15 Alina , give me a five !

https://youtu.be/tt_J5QoCK_k

lusk8

Record Breaker
First I want to thank all the posters that are sharing their play-by-play of practice time with us, I can't be there, there is no live feed so I'm forever in your debt. Those that have shared video of it, I'm in awe of you and thank you a billion times too.

There is nothing to be gained by initiating what can turn out to be an on the ice collision with others, even for the person starting it. Hanyu and Han Yan crashed into each other in an unintentional accident in 2014 with awful looking consequences. No one would intentionally risk doing that.

Skating around the ice with other top skaters all focused on getting their practice down and "living in their own bubble" will probably make the stage for close by passes. All skaters are used to training in ice rinks packed with other people, private ice is a movie dream, but during a competition they are not sharing exercises and others are not deferring to them (like rink mates might) because everyone is essentially doing the same thing at the same time. There is no "oh so-and-so is now doing their FS run, let me get by the boards for 4 min", they all have a practice agenda and are possibly trying to ignore others to concentrate on their moves.

Alina is one of the nicest humans out there, so I'm sure her perceived behavior is not what she intended to do at all. Kaori and Satoko, two of the nicest, kindest humans out there, had a full on collision during practice at Skate America just as Satoko was doing her run through, and I'm sure it was not intentional or a show of intimidation staged by any of them.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Alina was probably like: ”Okay, I need to get that combo done now... woops, where did you come from? Sorry!!“ You can‘t always be aware where everybody is at any time, it‘s just not possible.

I know it might seem disrespectful if she interrupted a skater training their choreo but I don‘t think she intended anything like this at all. Why would she even? And she is probably so focused on her own training, like it‘s already been said multiple times, that she doesn‘t even know who‘s music is currently playing. Maybe she can watch out a bit more in the future but I don‘t think any harm is done at all. Like lusk8 already said, Alina is as sweet as one can possibly be.

I also don‘t think it‘s bad if someone just reports what he/she saw, however. We can utter our opinions on that matter and politely say that we disagree or explain how Alina usually is and that we are sure it was a mistake. But there‘s no need at all to attack a person who is kind enough to give us detailed practice reports, make snarky remarks or start conspiracy theories. Everyone is allowed to question things and disagree with someone as long as it happens in a polite manner and with respect.

That being said, thank you Yuzuruu for your reports and good luck to all the competitors today!

georgia

On the Ice
Yuzuru thanks for your reports. Thanks for taking the time to give us a picture of what you see. Keep up the good work. Personally I am not offended by any of your reports. Skaters should watch for each other. That should not have anything to do with how good of a skaters they are, or if their hearts are made of gold. They ALL have to be careful!

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Thank you Fluture and Georgia for your kind words :)
Let me just say once more: I do not believe Alina did it on purpose, she would never risk injuring herself I am sure of that. I guess ladies are all young, like you all said, and focused on their own practice :) thankfully nothing serious has happened and that is most important!