Programs You Wish Were Showcased at the Olympics | Golden Skate

Programs You Wish Were Showcased at the Olympics

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I was watching the Duchesnays' Missing FD and wish that such an iconic masterpiece could have been showcased to an Olympic audience. A brilliantly choreographed program by Christopher Dean and a powerful tribute that touched many but really should have been seen by many more. Their West Side Story in Albertville was an unconventionally generic program for them by comparison. Missing along with K/P's Bach could have been an epic free dance showdown.

Any programs that you think deserved to have made it onto Olympic ice?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason Brown, the Piano

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think the 2018 ice dance competition would have been even better if the 2016-17 short dances were transplanted there. V/M’s Prince medley, especially.

danse

On the Ice
Virtue and Moir's Carmen routine at the 2014 Olympics instead of the classical routine.

And Gilles and Poirier's Hitchcock routine.

Imagine

Medalist
Sasha Cohen’s Swan Lake. If done flawlessly, it would have been one of the greatest Olympic performances of all time.

Kim Yuna’s Danse Macabre. I loved Bond too, but Yuna’s Danse Macabre is like a superior version of that in every way, from packaging to choreography.

Evgenia’s Dance For Me Wallis. Out of context, I was initially not sold on this program, but once I learned of the backstory to it, I was able to appreciate it for what it was. It is the closest thing to a masterpiece she’s had so far, and definitely better than the emo Anna Karenina program we actually saw at the Olympics.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I think the 2018 ice dance competition would have been even better if the 2016-17 short dances were transplanted there. V/M’s Prince medley, especially.

But what could be better than hearing Despacito 86948548 times?

My picks:

- Yuna Kim's Danse Macabre (or Arirang)
- Sasha Cohen's Malaguena and Swan Lake (her 03-04 season was lit)
- Michelle Kwan's Tosca (04 Nationals still gives me chills)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Mao's Ritual Fire Dance
Junhwan's The Planets
Patrick's Revolutionary Etudes
Javi's Guys and Dolls
Zhenya's W.E.
Gracie's Firebird
Wakababy's Skyfall
Anna's Scent of a Woman
Yuna's Homage to Korea as an EX (still reeling for this - it was the best moment to bring it back :sad4:)

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
+1,000,000 for Wakaba’s skyfall.

At least it made that world silver more meaningful.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I would have died if Plushy had done Tribute to Nijinsky at the Olympics...best. Plushy. Program. Ever.

And if he'd performed it as well as he did at Russian Nats it would have been freaking epic.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Wakaba’s Skyfall (obviously)
Marin’s The Giving
Alena Kostornaia’s Stella’s Theme
Yuna’s Les Miserables and Danse Macabre

lappo

Final Flight
Yuzuru = 2012 Romeo and Juliet.
Daisuke = Blues for Klook.
Boyang = Spiderman.
Satoko = Planets.
Yulia = Les feuilles mortes.

Nika09

On the Ice
Sui/Han - "Blues For Klook" SP. For me it was first time that I want badly someone to reuse their program(s) for Olympics. This program is everything and was skated just twice! And you can't imagine my disappointment last year, when S/H announced their new programs.

Yuzuru Hanyu - "Let's Go Crazy" SP. But i also always was cheering for Yuzuru's Chopin Ballade for Olympics and was so glad when he decided go with it.

Papadakis/Cizeron - Waltz SD from 2015-2016 season. This program is so sensual and beautiful that every time could bring tears into my eyes. Also their costumes for World's 2016 - absolutely stunning! SD motive for PyeongChang was absolutely unfortunate choice and particularly P/C SD was...well not good example of them, at all.

Daisuke Takahashi - "In The Garden Of Souls" SP and "Blues For Klook" FP. Would also mention incomparable "Swan Lake" but i'm afraid it might be too much for judging panel in Olympics.

Davis/White - Tango FD from 2010-2011 season. IMO gorgeous and kind of underrated program.

Yuna Kim - "Dance Macabre" SP and "Tango De Roxanne" SP. Just one of the multiple Olympics worthy Yuna programs.

Sasha Cohen - "Malaguena" SP. My favorite Sasha program and it suited to her soo much (even with that polka dot dress).

Shoma Uno's ongoing SP and Satoko Miyahara's ongoing FP promise to be Olympics worty as well.

macy

Record Breaker
Wakaba's skyfall...absolutely the biggest heartbreaker of last season. it would have been absolutely magnificent to see at the olympics.
Ashley's LaLaLand :cry: