Random Confessions | Page 100 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I have had just about enough of summer 2018.

Denis Ten is the fourth sportsperson I like that has died in the past few weeks.

Please, no more bad news!

CaroLiza_fan

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Today's news really hits it home that life is too short. We have to make the most out of lives. Whether if is to work hard for that job, or decide when the time is right, fly to another country to see a concert, make the most of it.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I have today's sad news still with me... Some would laugh and say that figure skating is such niche, irrelevant sport and Denis was not famous, but for me the sense of loss is huge. The skating world May not be the biggest, but sure any loss, split in it has impact.
This event really helped me realize that I have to make my skating/travel dreams true without hesitation, that I want to see them all live, not only awaiting any other sad news about them.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I teared up many times today, from reading all the tributes from fellow skaters and fans, hearing the beautiful soft strings section in his 2015 4CC FS, and from just reading the main thread title a few minutes ago. First shock, then grief but at least I know the skating community is collective in the mourning of the loss of a great human being.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I agree that Denis' passing has made me re-evaluate my own life and priority.

I dedicated my run again to Denis this morning. It was a very difficult run. I wasn't feeling it, my legs were stiff and I was running much slower on the same route that I did a few days ago. But I kept thinking that I couldn't give up. That I had this opportunity to push through and improve myself, something that Denis kept doing until the very end and now could not do. Honestly that help me through and even when the wind was gusting at my face, I just said "Get away from me, devil." (And part of that reference was aimed at the guys who killed Denis). I finished. 5.42 miles. (8.72 kilometers).

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’ve been wanting to get back into running for a little while now and I’m going to use this as a kick in the butt to take care of myself better. I am already in relatively good shape and athletically active but also shouldn’t take it for granted.

I too have a heavy mind but in times like this I’ve often found that running can be extremely therapeutic. Sometimes it’s necessary to put in a little hard work in order to excercise those mental demons out.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I love a good bargain, $110 worth of new sheets, covers and pillows for just $46!!! Sometimes a good bargain comes along at the least expected time and too good to pass up :)

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
We have been feeding foxes all summer, a family of three, mom and two babies almost big enough to be on their own. Every morning and evening one of us walks down to the barn (visible from the house) and deliberately leaves two small piles of dry cat food, in different places, not far apart, then wait. When the beauties appear, dogs (securely behind fencing) sound the alarm kicking up a great fuss and we all rush to see them.. They are gorgeous!!! :luv17: They have grown bold now calmly eat their treats in full view despite the attention. At first they would peek at us from the undergrowth, wait til we left the area, then come out to eat after we had gone... tried to take pictures but they won't come out with my brother-in-law's tripod set up there ...:palmf:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Portland is the temperature of the sun right now. I keep trying to remind myself- it could be worse, I'm originally from the midwest, at least we don't have 100% humidity here!

It doesn't work. I'm still whining.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Currently at all day training, there is a guy with Andrew Poje smile :laugh:, same dimples and warmth. It was my first thought after seeing him, I seriously have FS-stuffed brain.

**the guy is also dark-haired and tall;) **

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
https://youtu.be/cXG0mRs0h8Q

I am just blow away by Karen y Ricardo, she is just the most sharp Latin razor out there, all these spins, flicks and stretch and she looks flawless :bow:, what a champ!!! And there is also a dance, musicality of their steps, frame to be appreciated, not only sole tricks, big moments.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’ve been at the national Latin Convention because I like to be nerdy and it’s been really fun 😊

Latin like the Junior Classical League, or whatever they call it now? (I'm not trying to be smart alecky, I just don't know:) ) :hap85: for you.

Spousal unit got a scholarship from them many many many years ago. And he became a classics professor. So who knows what you can do?:agree:

Mussique

On the Ice
I landed yesterday my first loop :yahoo:
It was so tiny I wouldn't even call it a loop, more like a half-hop-thingy on one foot both too prerrotated and still probably lacking rotation. But hey, it should count for something!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If we have any praying people here, can I ask you to pray for a cousin and his home in California. The wild fires are 2 miles from his house right now. His house burned to the ground 5 years ago, he rebuilt, and things are pretty scary right now. Many others are in this predicament too of course. 60mph winds are not helping matters any. Thank you in advance! :pray: :sad4:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
If we have any praying people here, can I ask you to pray for a cousin and his home in California. The wild fires are 2 miles from his house right now. His house burned to the ground 5 years ago, he rebuilt, and things are pretty scary right now. Many others are in this predicament too of course. 60mph winds are not helping matters any. Thank you in advance! :pray: :sad4:

Prayers assured. Thoughts and prayers too for those affected by the fires in Greece.