Random Confessions | Page 38 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I've just bingewatched the entire series of "Please Like Me" on Netflix and I am so happy I found this brilliant show I'm not even mad at Netflix cancelling Sense8. Even though they had nothing to do with Please Like Me...and a lot to do with Sense8...strike that, I'm still mad.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, ancientpeas, I know you loved Eli and he loved you. And love is love, whether the source is furry or otherwise. May your memories sustain you through your grief.:ghug:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
And now that yesterday is over, new confession: I want to punch something.

The SECOND person that said they'd buy some of my furniture, even scheduling a pickup day, has decided they don't want it. I'm seriously pissed off right now.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And now that yesterday is over, new confession: I want to punch something.

The SECOND person that said they'd buy some of my furniture, even scheduling a pickup day, has decided they don't want it. I'm seriously pissed off right now.

Just drop it off somewhere in Ypsi' and cover it with empty beer cans. Someone will be sure to pick it up :yes:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Just drop it off somewhere in Ypsi' and cover it with empty beer cans. Someone will be sure to pick it up :yes:

I don't mind donating some of it, but it's the pricier things that my mother paid for that I at least want to get something back.

I'm just more annoyed that again, someone has decided last minute not to buy it when we'd already agreed on day/time/price.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Confession: It is the 27th anniversary of the day of my birth.

Somehow I missed this yesterday. Happy Birthday!:hb:

Yesterday was also two and half times the 27th anniversary of spousal unit's birth (I'm counting 14 as half of 27). Higher math:laugh2:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

Also, I have now sold 5 pieces of furniture, all in one day, because SOME people actually show up.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

Also, I have now sold 5 pieces of furniture, all in one day, because SOME people actually show up.

Congrats on the furniture.

I thought of advising you to ask people to give you a deposit to hold the furniture for them. Even a small deposit shows they're serious.

We had the same thing happen when selling a used car: we took the plates off in anticipation of the person coming to pick it up, and he didn't show. When we called him, he said he had "found something else". I guess he didn't call to tell us that because he was too embarrassed (or sleazy), and he was surprised that we called him to find out what happened. The funny thing about it is that we didn't find him through an ad - he was a friend of a friend! :eek:hwell:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am so glad this work week is over...I am positive and happy about my work, it's outside of my degree, it's challenging, but people's games, farce presented openly is sometimes too much to handle - if you're doing your version of justice, at least try to do it convincingly or just plain logically...

end of rant confession

on a brighter note, I am really re-discovering baking - today I brought to work apple muffins and carrot cake - no oil, no sugar added, only fruits, eggs and other goodie:)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Congrats on the furniture.

I thought of advising you to ask people to give you a deposit to hold the furniture for them. Even a small deposit shows they're serious.

We had the same thing happen when selling a used car: we took the plates off in anticipation of the person coming to pick it up, and he didn't show. When we called him, he said he had "found something else". I guess he didn't call to tell us that because he was too embarrassed (or sleazy), and he was surprised that we called him to find out what happened. The funny thing about it is that we didn't find him through an ad - he was a friend of a friend! :eek:hwell:

I had a similar problem last year. I won a phone - a brand new top-of-the-line Huawei P9 (long story, but effectively, I won the phone because I am a member of my football club and we scored). Anyway, I didn't need a phone, so I looked it up, figured out what I could sell it for ($500!) and listed it online. I had no less than six people say they wanted to buy it who backed out. One of them was particularly irritating - he said he wanted to buy it, then backed out saying the phone was for his teenage daughter and he wanted something cheaper for her. :bang:

I did finally sell it, and banked my $500, but the flakiness of people was just plain irritating.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there a reason everyone keeps posting online videos of themselves having tea and listening to the Kill Bill whistle song? I confess....I'm not sure if it's coincidence or a trend.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Is there a reason everyone keeps posting online videos of themselves having tea and listening to the Kill Bill whistle song? I confess....I'm not sure if it's coincidence or a trend.

Is this some new trend?!???
Now I'm annoyed and oddly intrigued at the same time. Why people are doing this IDK since I live my life practically in an ice rink all my waking hours lol.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Everytime I watch culinary programs (show?) I get hungry.