Random Confessions | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Reason #2 in the same thread that US fuel stations are silly :laugh:

I live in Oregon where we can't pump our own gas for some unresolved reason (safety? Jobs? Who knows?). It still makes me laugh that I can't pump my own gas but I could go buy marijuana down the street if I wanted to.

My random confession is silly. I had to take apart IKEA furniture tonight as my roommate and I are moving. There were many violent threats made and many curse words uttered. It seems unfair that the thing that defeats me in life is a piece of Swedish furniture.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Ok, enough about gas stations.

I'm craving Krispy Kremes which is odd because I normally don't eat those things and also because well there isn't a shop anywhere near where I am right now.:rofl:

Isn't it funny how that works? I spent the last hour of my marathon fantasizing about Doritos- I don't actually like Doritos...

There was a time when my middle school self considered Kirspy Kreme the Mercedes of donuts. I thought anything other than the Dunkin donuts in my small Michigan hometown was high class.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Isn't it funny how that works? I spent the last hour of my marathon fantasizing about Doritos- I don't actually like Doritos...

There was a time when my middle school self considered Kirspy Kreme the Mercedes of donuts. I thought anything other than the Dunkin donuts in my small Michigan hometown was high class.

:laugh: :agree:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Too bad I don't like cookies.

Your major but corrigible problem is feeling bad for sticking up for yourself. This co-worker seems needy and insecure about something. What is her job and why is she not doing it? is she simply killing time because there is no work for her to do? Why does you target you? How does the supervisor feel about this situation? If s/he does not know about the harassment, s/he should know about work not being done. You need to ascertain that your job performance is not compromised and misjudged. It seems a solution is to make sure this co-worker is busy with real work.

She has work to do as far as I know. The issue is she did not get the position that my boss did. They were both up for the position, my boss got the job, and I got her job. Needy coworker stayed in her same position. I know I'm new and still learning, but overall she's just very much in need of human communication. She lives by herself with a bunch of geese and goats and when she talks about her days off she doesn't seem to spend them with people, just them. Now to me that would be heaven, but this woman is clearly an extrovert as she craves interaction and TAAAAAAALLLLLLKKKKIIIIINNNNNNNNG. She is exhausting to me because I'm very much a shy introvert (which the two are not the same thing, but I have both and yeah...)

I told my boss about it this morning, but really it seems like such a petty thing. Our office is small and right now there's a lull in clients and such. But we've had a lot of clients pass on which is when her job gets busy with grief counseling and what not.

Today oddly enough she was much better so maybe my stern tone got my point across. Our boss was gone for the afternoon and she didn't try to take over, so there's that... but then again she spent most of the afternoon chatting with our front desk volunteer. But hey, at least she wasn't talking at me! lol

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
This morning I went to the mall rink for day 2 of the epic quest to find where my spins went after getting my new skates (day 1 was yesterday, it was a hard fought battle but thus far the score was spins: 1, me: 0). After a somewhat more successful (and I am using the term somewhat generously) I caved and got a pumpkin spice latte. In my defense the Starbucks was right there...

Also- if anyone has seen my ability to center a spin please let me know. There's a reward. 😂

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
4am.... been tired for like 90 minutes... too lazy to get up from the couch, turn off the computer and go to bed.... i am writing this right now... so I can get up and go to bed as soon as press "post quick reply" ... let's see if promising to do it here will actually work ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Also- if anyone has seen my ability to center a spin please let me know. There's a reward. 😂

I'm betting it's gone on holiday with my loop. *gloomy*

EDIT:

My real confession of the day.

Dear America: you are so, so, so STUPID. WHEN WILL YOU LEARN?! HOW MANY MORE HAVE TO DIE? STOP BEING A BUNCH OF MORONS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

PS: Dear American Idiot on Twitter: Australia DOES have a Constitution, you brainless fool. The reason we let the government take our guns? WE'RE SMART ENOUGH TO REALISE MASS SHOOTINGS ARE BAD AND WE COULD STOP THEM BY DOING SOMETHING SIMPLE. DUH.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I have a question.....Lately, when I click on a thread I am transferred to the Jewlr web page. It's driving me crazy. I guess it's part of the ads for the forum but, I remember there being a way to go ad free on the site. Can someone post that link, I don't care if it costs money, I hate these ads. Thanks in advance.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Confession: living with a person who suffers from Dementia (specifically Alzheimer's) is draining. I'm pretty sure I've hit burnout.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Confession: living with a person who suffers from Dementia (specifically Alzheimer's) is draining. I'm pretty sure I've hit burnout.

My heart goes out to you. This is SO difficult. I have a friend who was in the same situation. The way she explained it was that it was so stressful because she felt like she was always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I hope there is possibly a way for you to somehow get a little bit of relief.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There are too many events happening at once the last few weeks. THIS is me every time I check my GS feed :laugh:

ETA: Hugs for Tonichelle :ghug:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
My heart goes out to you. This is SO difficult. I have a friend who was in the same situation. The way she explained it was that it was so stressful because she felt like she was always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I hope there is possibly a way for you to somehow get a little bit of relief.

A lot of the time that's exactly what it is! It's also difficult to have an adult with the mind/maturity/understanding of a preschooler but they're obviously an adult. My grandfather is 91 and throws fits like he's 4, and you can't just send him to his room. :-/ Oy. It's just been a rough few days.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A lot of the time that's exactly what it is! It's also difficult to have an adult with the mind/maturity/understanding of a preschooler but they're obviously an adult. My grandfather is 91 and throws fits like he's 4, and you can't just send him to his room. :-/ Oy. It's just been a rough few days.

I hear you! You can hardly make him sit on the "naughty chair". My friend's dad would get sundown syndrome, so I don't know if that's the type of thing he is having with the fits. After they put him on lorazepam (Ativan), he did much better. Hugs and prayers to you! :ghug: :console:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States

:ghug:.
Hard to do but remember to take care of yourself too...

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I can't stop looking at Shoma's photos on instagram and tumblr and everything...just so adorable!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I hear you! You can hardly make him sit on the "naughty chair". My friend's dad would get sundown syndrome, so I don't know if that's the type of thing he is having with the fits. After they put him on lorazepam (Ativan), he did much better. Hugs and prayers to you! :ghug: :console:

oh yeah sundowning is fun. that's what we dealt with Thursday Night/Friday morning. He came into my room around midnight and flipped on the lights. No knocking like he normally does so I jumped! it took me over 2 hours to calm down enough to go back to sleep (hence my exhaustion). Thankfully I only work Monday through Thursday so at least I could sleep in until nearly noon. :laugh: He's one one of their anti-anxiety drugs that they give to those suffering from dementia, not sure which one. After this last round of sundowning his doctor is upping the dosage/strength. Meds just came in the mail today so *cross fingers* hopefully it works.

He says *I* woke *him* up though, so he's been mad at me for a couple of days (can't remember the day or year or when breakfast was, but he remembers he's mad at me lol)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland