Rika Hongo | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Rika Hongo

LadyB

Record Breaker
I have become a real Rika fan last season. Absolutely loved both her programmes. And now Lawrence of Arabia (one of my top five all time favourite movies). Great choreographers as well. So, bring it on and go for it, girl! :clapper:

emmiele

Rinkside
Thanks for posting! I was hoping someone uploaded the full video. Don't understand Japanese so can't help with translating.

mikaboo

Medalist
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k70dvQC9CjNi7fhJDPr
What was Rika talking about at the end of the video? I understood triple axel and quadruple jump... But I don't know if she'll jump them. :eeking:

Rika was asked if she wants to challenge any new jumps next season and her reply was that it may not be next season, but she'd like to challenge the 3A and quads as long she doesn't get injured.

Her SP is looking really good and Rika seems to like it too. I think Shae-Lynn's style suits her and I hope they succeed in bringing out her gracefulness.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Yay for Rika Hongo doing Carmina Burana choreo with ShaeLynn Bourne! I basically don't like this music, it sounds so tragic and heavy to me. But I am curious about this program. I hoep ShaeLynn brings something new to Rika's skating.
I love Rika's spirit, she's always so energetic and so "let's do it!" kind of vibes. I hope she does even better next season.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks promising. :) It's a work in progress (and the size of the rink doesn't help much), but it will clearly be interesting to see how this program will evolve. Wish it was another version of the music, tho, but I'll get use to it lol!

Didn't care for this version either, but I thought Rika looked good and as if she was genuinely enjoying the program. I think it will be really terrific as it evolves over the season. Nice choreography.

dna5019

Final Flight
I have to admit that I'm not quite sure what to think of this program (yet), but I realize that it's still early in the season and there were a lot of neat moments in the choreography. :yes: I'm looking forward to seeing it in competition!

LRK

Record Breaker
Pretty much the same. I think Carmina is a great choice for Rika - but I'm not sure about this particular version of the music. I'm also looking forward to seeing it in competition, as I know it will look different there.

mikaboo

Medalist
Reposting Rika’s new programs from a local competition from the TJ thread.

Some of the programs from the Kita-Kyushu competition (Iizuka Cup) have been uploaded on YouTube but it’s not set on public so I’ll leave the twitter links here.

Rika Hongo
SP
FS

I found myself getting sleepy while watching the FS but it could be because I should really be in bed :bed:

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I found myself getting sleepy while watching the FS but it could be because I should really be in bed :bed:

Thank you Mikaboo. Happy to see the FS. Is it my imagination, or does Rika almost have a worried look on her face? Something just doesn't look quite right. I like the programs though, especially the SP.

ObaFan

Rinkside
Rika was asked if she wants to challenge any new jumps next season and her reply was that it may not be next season, but she'd like to challenge the 3A and quads as long she doesn't get injured.

Her SP is looking really good and Rika seems to like it too. I think Shae-Lynn's style suits her and I hope they succeed in bringing out her gracefulness.

Thank you!!:agree:

Not as exciting as last year's program... And I really dislike her dress.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
We are so spoiled these days, being able to see new programs this way, before they are really competition-ready... and I'm not sure it's a good thing...

Rika looked very cautious to me, like she was just trying to get through the program and remember her choreography on the way. She also may not be in good shape just now - she didn't have her usual flexibility (very noticable in her spins), so maybe she is recovering from a strain or injury or something.

But, the season hasn't really started yet... and I'm sure Rika will soon get comfortable with her new programs, and they wll become much more lively, dynamic and polished with each competition...

Last edited: