Russia's Sergei Voronov 'not done' | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russia's Sergei Voronov 'not done'

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Have to say Voronov is growing on me a little. HIs FS is truly a what the heck for me, but I find as the season goes on he kind of pulls it off! Also I also like that he seems to be enjoying himself out there and selling the program. And of course the whole fact that he's reaching new heights at 27 is pretty dang cool.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'd love to see Voronov totally troll everyone and WIN the GPF.

Of course, that'll never happen - Javi will get home cooking and Hanyu will be overscored as usual, so...

LRK

Record Breaker
Have to say Voronov is growing on me a little. HIs FS is truly a what the heck for me, but I find as the season goes on he kind of pulls it off! Also I also like that he seems to be enjoying himself out there and selling the program. And of course the whole fact that he's reaching new heights at 27 is pretty dang cool.

I think I'm in a similar boat as you, Mrs P - I found myself thinking when watching his NHK FP, that: I'm liking this, I have no idea why I'm liking this :scratch: - but I am. :) I think it is that his own enjoyment of the program is so genuine it's infectious. :) And however that might be - whether he is my cup of tea or no, I cannot help but respect what he is achieving - the same with Menshov.

Country
Russia
Situation in Russian male skating is very simple.

1. Kovtun is No 1, with all his mistakes.
2. Voronov is No 2.
3. Menshov - very unstable.
4-5. Pitkeev and Petrov are hope for future, but for now they are too young to have really good results.

Nobody else.
Maybe, Moris Kvitelashvili or Artur Gachinski, if earn stability. But not for now.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I don't think Menshov is "very unstable" these days. He usually does well in the SP and pops something in the LP, and/or Zayaks. But it's not like he's falling everywhere or gives up on the program like some other skaters. I think he is far more stable than Gachinski, for example.

And if Kovtun's PCS scores were in line with his actual abilities, it shouldn't be cut and dry at all. I really hope Sergei will beat him at Nationals (I'd rather have him conserve some energy for that fight than medal at GPF, to be honest).