Sasha ... a question mark for Worlds? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sasha ... a question mark for Worlds?

Lucy25

Final Flight
nymkfan51 said:
Well, just to add a little fuel to the fire ... over at another board someone has posted that she hasn't been spotted much at the rink where she usually trains.
Hmmmm?
Or at the other rink where she sometimes trains.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
It would not suprise me if Sasha withdraws, she could have a lot of
reasons to do so. Worlds will be very interesting without Sasha.
I would have liked to see her finally get that World Title.

LBC

On the Ice
Now that the Irina/Shizuka go/no go debate is seemingly over now it is Sasha's turn. I'm sure their source is somebody at the rink who hasn't seen her much and everybody knows she has been injured so thus the assumption she may withdraw. Sasha disappeared from her rink before the olympics too. I have no idea what any of this means. We'll find out next week but oh the speculation will continue. :rock:

tarotx

On the Ice
If you search that site the same people said Sasha disapeared form her rinks before the Olympics as well so I don't know if that's any indicator or not. I know that Sasha has had to do maintance on her groin injury ever sense it happend sometime between the close of 2005 and the early COI dates last year I think. I also remember people worrying because she had to leg taped and she didn't do jumps in her August exhibitions. Then she was fine at Campbells but withdrew from Skate American with an injury (although not exactly the same one).

I keep watching Sasha's Olympic short and seeing that 2a and remembering that is the jump Michelle said she first injured her groin. I cringe each time I see it now.

I want her to go to worlds but if she feels it's best to not compete I hope she withdraws soon :frown:

Vash01

Medalist
Lucy25 said:
Or at the other rink where she sometimes trains.

Before the Olympics she trained at a rink in Italy, away from Torino. Is it possible that she may be training at a rink in Canada?

Vash

tarotx

On the Ice
Vash01 said:
Before the Olympics she trained at a rink in Italy, away from Torino. Is it possible that she may be training at a rink in Canada?

Vash

I doubt Sasha would be in Canada yet-it's not that far from home. Sasha disapeared from her home rinks in early February before she left for the Olympics so maybe it's just that. I've asked the posters over at Sasha fans but they haven't posted back yet.

Lucy25

Final Flight
Vash01 said:

Vash
The poster on the other board said that "Sasha hasn't been training as much" at her normal rink, so it sounds like she is there (in California), but not training much (at least at her rink).

R.D.

Record Breaker
Probably trying to prevent injury by overworking. Don't think it's a lack of motivation or work ethic here.

If she pulls a Michelle, she will get a lot of publicity as we await the arrival of Katy Taylor who will get a lot of publicity as a last minute entrant.

flowjo35

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
If she pulls a Michelle, she will get a lot of publicity as we await the arrival of Katy Taylor who will get a lot of publicity as a last minute entrant.

Since it's not the olympics, it don't think the every 4 year fans will care.

LBC

On the Ice
flowjo35 said:
Since it's not the olympics, it don't think the every 4 year fans will care.

ITA The college basketball tourney is the only thing the papers are going to care about for the next several weeks. Worlds will be lucky to get a little blurb in US papers.

Lanie

On the Ice
Sasha's been training at a different rink as opposed to her regular one in Aliso Viejo; this is normal, she did it before Nationals too. I assume she's not training TOO MUCH since she wouldn't want to aggravate any little aches or pains into a real full-fledged injury.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Read on Sashafans (see, I go there for news) that local California news has confirmed the "uncertainty" posed in that Canadian article...she's trying to cut down her training or something to prevent being injured again (or something to that effect).

jesslily

Final Flight
Sasha should go to Worlds. If she does not and pursues career in Hollywood, she does have better chance than Tara, but not whole a lot. Both Sasha and Tara are very petite.

R.D.

Record Breaker
It shouldn't really matter...I'd venture you just have to have talent and/or have star quality. Maybe being taller contributes to having "star quality" but it shouldn't be TOO big a factor. It also might depend on the role or the character you want to play.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
jesslily said:
Sasha should go to Worlds. If she does not and pursues career in Hollywood, she does have better chance than Tara, but not whole a lot. Both Sasha and Tara are very petite.

I think the one thing that hurts Tara (but won't affect Sasha any where near as much) is that Tara got built up during her skating days as "the youngest ever .___ [OGM, World Champ, etc.]" Tara has to "turn people around" to make them see her as an adult (which is extra hard for her, since she isn't seen publicly as much as she was when she was skating), whereas Sasha doesn't have this problem to the same extent.