Satoko Miyahara | Page 110 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

ioanna

Record Breaker
Wishing Satoko the best of luck for the short tomorrow. It's not easy to skate after a gold medal favorite (just ask poor Nathan) but whether she gets big scores or not, I'm happy that we got to see her great artistry at the Olympics.

The media is putting some pressure on her for exactly that reason, comparing her draw to that of Nathan's. They're basically saying "you're not allowed to skate like Nathan". :rolleye:

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2018/02/20/kiji/20180220s00079000035000c.html

rikaquegira

On the Ice
The media is putting some pressure on her for exactly that reason, comparing her draw to that of Nathan's. They're basically saying "you're not allowed to skate like Nathan". :rolleye:

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2018/02/20/kiji/20180220s00079000035000c.html
The difference is that Nathan thought he had a chance of winning gold.
Satoko will be maybe who knows perhaps possibly fighting for a bronze.
I think after the team event she knows her chances are miniscule.
The important thing is just to skate clean to show those beautiful programs in their best form.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
its almost time, so excited but nervous at the same time:yahoo::hap57::dbana: whatever happens i hope she will enjoy the experience and be happy with her performance!! her jumps looking better (judging by Jackie's twitter, hopefully he really didnt see any URs:biggrin:) and i really hope Yuzuru will be there to cheer for her! :love::luv17::love::luv17:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
The difference is that Nathan thought he had a chance of winning gold.
Satoko will be maybe who knows perhaps possibly fighting for a bronze.
I think after the team event she knows her chances are miniscule.
The important thing is just to skate clean to show those beautiful programs in their best form.

I agree with this. I love Satoko but with the small PCS she's been getting (so underscored) the best she can hope for is bronze. :sad21: I would love to see her win though, it is actually my only true wish for the Ladies event (along with Mirai making the podium). :pray:

iorii

On the Ice
Clean skate and PB!! Great! Beautiful as always, Satton! Though I couldn't watch every move as my stream sucks. Does anyone have the video of Satton's SP?

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
So from the general SP thread I learned that people don't universally love this regal queen :scratch2: and that is shocking because I ADORE this lady and thought she did fantastic today :love:

esteticlove

Final Flight
My favourite SP of this season. Every single move is so well coordinated with the music. And her flow.. :luv17:

Spinning

On the Ice
I think her SP is majestic. The best SP of the season. Could have been worse without playing backloading and tanos games.

She is in a good position, same as Kaori. Both of them has a chance for podium. Good luck my tiny queen!

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
I think her SP is majestic. The best SP of the season. I could have been worse without playing backloading and tanos games.

She is in a good position, same as Kaori. Both of them has a chance for podium. Good luck my tiny queen!

She really is majestic. Our tiny queen:luv17: I'm not usually one to complain about scores (because I'm stupid and don't have much knowledge) BUT this woman's interpretation and composition is world class, how is it not being rewarded as such :(

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I'm excited as she could possibly medal as she's coming in 4th and she's much more consistent than Kaetlyn and Carolina. All she needs to do is totally put everything into it, grab a SB in the process and presto, a medal!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I was on the edge of my seat watching Satton. Her program was the best of the night IMO.

Definitely the one that touched me the deepest by scale/range of intricacy and timeless elegance, by how far Satoko conveyed the character, still having her signature above all of it. Tiny skater, but majestic, regal presence on ice, splendid carriage and flow, amazing performance and edge quality, attention to detail, musicality from another level, holding positions AND viewers' attention by no gimmick, just pure skill and the use of it.

She pushed the envelope and skating first could really play on her benefit on Friday. I have no doubt she'll give her all and some, the dedicated, passionate skater she is. On a side note, I will feel privileged to see this SP in person live in a month (could only afford to go on SP, but if this is the only chance to see Satoko's magnificence, I'll take it and cherish every moment!)

:cheer::ghug:

- - - Updated - - -

Reporter: If you meet the Olympic demon tomorrow, what will you do?
Satoko: Eat it.

https://twitter.com/corszk1220/status/965857992519204865

eat him like pineapple!!!:laugh:, love her even more:luv17:

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Congratulations to Satoko for a very lovely SP. She'll have to continue improving on her technique but her skating quality is very beautiful :eek::. This program is definitely one of my favorites of the ladies. :clap:

ioanna

Record Breaker
So from the general SP thread I learned that people don't universally love this regal queen :scratch2: and that is shocking because I ADORE this lady and thought she did fantastic today :love:

No, you will more often see the opposite on this forum. :laugh:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Satoko explains how she avoids underrotations: she takes off with a "gu" and lands with a "ban".

http://tinyqueensatoko.tumblr.com/post/171119993778/miyahara-in-the-free-id-like-to-show-everything

- How was your jump combination?

It went well in the 6 minute warmup so I held on to that image and took off with a “gu”. After landing the lutz I immediately thought of the toeloop and I landed it with a “ban”.

- You finished with a smile.

I felt tense until the end and after I finished without big mistakes I felt relieved.

- How was your feel of skating?

I wanted to show everything I’ve worked hard for so I was careful not to miss any details in the steps and spins. I felt like I skated more at ease compared to the team event.

- Since you’ve received many underrotation calls so far, are you thinking of lowering your difficulty?

Not at all. I can do it with practice.

- There was no guts pose.

The competition is only decided after the results of the long program, so I skated while thinking there’s still the long program to go.

- What were your feelings in the 6 minute warmup?

I was fully focused on myself. I felt the fighting spirit of the other athletes in the official practice so I skated thinking I don’t want to lose to them.

- How do you feel about the podium?

I’d be the happiest if I made it, but more important than that is showing everything I’ve worked so hard for.

AnCho

Rinkside
Good job Satton! Like we know, she definitely has one of the strongest mental strength to skate so well after Evgenia. Very proud of her. :cheer:

I personally hope she keep the thought of podium out of her mind to reduce the pressure on herself going into the FS. Although Not gonna lie, it will sure feel nice to see her dangling that bronze medal but the most important is for her to keep calm, strike for the best and have fun, enjoy the ice as Olympic draw to a close. (maybe because I prefer to adopt the "hoping for the best but expecting the worst" type of mentality to keep myself calmer in the middle of high pressure events haha :biggrin: )

To deliver a very good performance in the midst of expectations to perform well and after the ogm contender and crowd's favorite is already a very respectable result and she has won one step ahead against her own fear.

Whatever happen in thw FS, i hope she can enjoy her firSt Olympic experience after all the obstacles she had to face to earn this chance.

All the best Satton :yahoo:

iorii

On the Ice
God I want Satton to podium... She doesn't have big jumps but her grace deserves a medal, dear judges! I'm so happy she sounded calm and confident on interview as quoted by ioanna. She's definitely handling first Olympic experience fine.

How can one be so graceful? Her Sayuri SP is my fave SP this season, I love it so much, love it better than her Madame Butterfly too.