Satoko Miyahara | Page 129 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

sakurano

Final Flight
I have just made up for Skate America and I have to say that I'm still a fan of its programs.

As well as her EX that I see for the first time, I'm happy for her second gold medal she deserves it.

Go Satton you can do it the Final

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I'm so proud of Satoko. Her jumps improved a lot. I know she worked super hard to improve her jumps. What a queen. Lovely programs as always and she performs them really well especially her SP.
Also, I've said this before but I will say it again, she's too underscored in PCS. I would have given her 36-37 for SP and 73-74 for FS. IDK why she's still undervalued in PCS but whatevs ISU. boo

Hronop

On the Ice
Rewatching Satoko's SP again and again, I started wondering what was Lori's inspiration for some of Satoko's gestures and poses there. I know there was a couple of interviews where Satoko explained the Edith Piaf dedication and, interestingly, the image of a 'movie star'. She also said it's inspired by '1900 movie stars' (does that mean the 1900s? silent movies era?) and that she touches a 'pin light' at the beginning (? not sure what the pin light refers to here) and there are 'other poses' at the key points of this program. It all sounds really fascinating and, looking closer at this program, one finds lots of interesting expressive posing there, but I am still unable to trace her (and Lori's) inspirations. For instance, this pose is really striking -- very expressive and pretty unique. I tried to find it in some older movies (the ones with lots of melodramatic posing), but the source is not clear to me, and I am not even sure it is a part of the European or American theatrical traditions. Japanese maybe? I don't know. If anyone has any hints as to where to search, I'd be forever grateful for that.

Anyway, very much looking forward to the NHK trophy and wishing her all the best this season!

Fluture

Record Breaker
Good luck Satoko for NHK! Hope she will have performances she can be proud of and happy with! :cheer:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Satoko often wears a training dress that is still costume-like, but not the actual costume. --I panicked last season because I thought she changed it, but it was only training gear. :scratch2:

Danibellerika

Medalist
Pretty sure that is the new dress for competition.

I woke up to this news and was delayed getting ready for work because my friend and I were lamenting this change. I am actually in mourning that she switched out perfection for something a lot more generic-looking. Like, the pictures before looked iconic. Do you know how many facebook likes I got for posting this? I has a big sad.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Nooooo I could have gotten over switching the FS dress out, but the SP dress was my favorite of all the women this year. :(

Oh well, Satoko looks lovely in anything and she can always bring them back :)

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I hope that is just training costume(for the free). The SP dress I don’t mind. But the Free dress was absolutely perfect and it would be such a shame to change it to... that.
But anyway, whatever dress, good luck for the tiny Queen!

ioanna

Record Breaker
They're not training costumes, she said so in the press conference. I wish she didn't change the SP dress but as always Lori Nichol had to say something about it.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
RIP gorgeous costumes then :sad21: i loved both of her dresses so i am sad to see them go, well if she is gonna rock it then i dont mind :biggrin: good luck Satton!!! :luv17: