Season 2023-24 programs/performances worth re-watching | Golden Skate

Season 2023-24 programs/performances worth re-watching

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Piper/Paul's FD - best version so far is 4CC, but hopefully Worlds will be even better

Andrew Torgashev's SP at Nationals and 4CC

Andrew Torgashev's FS at SA, Nationals, and 4CC (for different reasons - SA he skated clean with 2 lovely 3As, one of which was a 3A+2A; Nationals he was such a fighter, even pulling off a 2A from a complete standstill toward the end; 4CC he skated clean less than a week after Nationals, and I knew he was coming back from yet another injury, plus he got PBs in the FS and Total Score, though artistically I think Nationals was maybe the best outing of the FS)

Adam Siao Him Fa's clean programs (so, not Euros for me) :laugh: ;)

Camden Pulkinen at Nationals - he finally put a whole Nationals together!

Anthony Paradis at Nationals, but he's a pleasure to watch any time

Sonja Hilmer's Matrix

I'm sure I could think of more, but these came to mind right away, within moments of reading the thread title.

I love positive threads! Thanks for starting it! :)

Last edited:

Arigato

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Adam's SP and FS at Grand Prix de France - skated beautifully in both programs. Zero errors. I've never seen him skate that well and it was a pleasure to watch. Benoît Richaud hit the ball out of the park when he choreographed Adam's FS. It's his best work this year.

Yuma's 4CC FS. I start laughing every time I think of his reaction to scoring over 200 for the first time, with a stuffed Snoopy in each hand. Even his father burst out laughing at his reaction. That was the best I have seen Yuma skate. Ever. The score was well-deserved and put all the men on notice that he is healthy and in fine form.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isabella Flores and Ivan Desyatov. FD at US Nationals. "West Side Story."

Their speed and power, their connection. They make me feel something. Several different things during this skate. I'm transported to a different realm when I watch them.

cailuj365

On the Ice
- Ilia Malinin Worlds 2024 FS
- Kaori Sakamoto 2024 Worlds FS
- Hase/Volodin 2023 GPF SP
- Andrew Torgashev 2024 US Nationals SP
- Josephine Lee 2024 US Nationals SP
- Adam Siao Him Fa 2024 Worlds FS

There are so many others, but those stand out to me as being remarkable to me for the situation that they were in, being a pivotal moment in their career, really capturing the audience, and being technically clean.

Last edited:

afr

Spectator
Country
Germany
A very subjective list, no particular order:

Margarita Bazilyuk FS @ Russian Juniors
Elisaveta Andreeva FS @ Matterhorn
Valeria Lukashova both FS & SP
Polina Tikhonova SP
Lydia Pleskachova FS @ Channel One Cup
Kaori Sakamoto FS
Kimmy Repond FS
All three ladies at the final of the jumping tournament, including that "little" encore
Anna Frolova both FS & SP
Kamila Valiyeva SP @ test skates :)
Adelia Petrosian SP
Ksenia Sinitzina EX
Sofia Muraviova EX