Sinitsina/Katsalapov future prospects | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Sinitsina/Katsalapov future prospects

Alba

Record Breaker
Hope that they're chosen for Euros AND don't mess up so they can make the minimum there. It's a bit of a gamble.

That's a big gamble. It makes me think that they must be pretty convinced they are chosen for the Euros? :think:

chameleon

On the Ice
Or perhaps they just didn't think they'd be ready for Zagreb, and so are focusing all their efforts towards Nationals. It's not like they had a lot of turnaround time to prepare.

Maybe they're counting on B/S not being there, since they still can't skate the full program three weeks before Nats. It's possible S/K could beat S/B and get to go to Euros.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Or perhaps they just didn't think they'd be ready for Zagreb, and so are focusing all their efforts towards Nationals. It's not like they had a lot of turnaround time to prepare.

Maybe they're counting on B/S not being there, since they still can't skate the full program three weeks before Nats. It's possible S/K could beat S/B and get to go to Euros.

Yes I agree this is probably their strategy but it's still a big risk :/ From what we've seen so far it is most definitely possible they won't get the TES minimums at Euros- if they are even sent.

Alba

Record Breaker

Maybe. Not so much time to prepare after NHK for Zagreb.

I think only the winner have a secure spot, but I'm not sure about it.
Anyway, being second or third doesn't mean you automatically go to Euros.

chameleon

On the Ice
The Fed could send the three lowest ranked teams if they really wanted to. Medalling at Nats just helps. My point was, beating S/B a second time would help their case for going to Euros over them, especially if S/K show a big improvement. It's their best shot.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
The Fed could send the three lowest ranked teams if they really wanted to. Medalling at Nats just helps. My point was, beating S/B a second time would help their case for going to Euros over them, especially if S/K show a big improvement. It's their best shot.

Would that be enough? I would think the Federation would look at GP assignment finishes. Not sure though. They would have to kill it at Nationals to make a case.

Alba

Record Breaker

Yep, could be. Still a huge gamble, because I agree with MK's Winter point. S&B has a case as well for going.
Anyway, the point is they only have Euros now to get the TES.

bramweld

Record Breaker
They could do Santa Claus Cup, but it is just before Russian Nationals.

It would be a great help to them to do something immediately to erase the memory of NHK from their minds. Their debut has been really rough. My thoughts are that they pushed themselves too fast in terms of difficulty. If they kept things within their abilities things would have gone much better for them. It leads me to wonder who is really running the show. Is it Katsalapov or is it Zueva? My heart goes out to Victoria.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I agree! I can't think of things that could block a c/b or w/p win.

I think you forget the French - the judges love them and W andP seemed to be forgotten or their sating not appreciated. The French could win gold this year.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
According to this article (thanks to morqet on FSU for the translation) dated today, Soloviev still cannot skate the full program - at the moment they are doing as much as they can without causing him pain. They are aiming to be ready for Nationals, but still can't say that they will definitely be there.

http://rsport.ru/interview/20141203/792433391.html

By the way, Soloviev's skates are found. :) OMG This is so sad. Could they B and S be the new Domina and Shalabin - injuries are so destructive :(
http://instagram.com/p/wJNeOonWV_/

omg so sad. Could b and S be teh new Domina and Shalabin - great potential but injuries are so destructive :(

Alba

Record Breaker
omg so sad. Could b and S be teh new Domina and Shalabin - great potential but injuries are so destructive :(

I really hope not. They shouldn't rush things. He needs to take all the time needed in order to fully recover, something that Shabalin didn't. But I think Soloviev knows that and he is following doctor's orders.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I think you forget the French - the judges love them and W andP seemed to be forgotten or their sating not appreciated. The French could win gold this year.

I thought about them but don't think they are at c/b w/p chance of winning. Both of them making mistakes? That's what p/c would need.

Euros and worlds is out for s/k. Don't have the skills yet. Possibly wont. Maybe didn't go to Zagreb because they are breaking up.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I thought about them but don't think they are at c/b w/p chance of winning. Both of them making mistakes? That's what p/c would need.

Euros and worlds is out for s/k. Don't have the skills yet. Possibly wont. Maybe didn't go to Zagreb because they are breaking up.

Nah, they're working hard. Maybe they will even go to Igor. It is clear for all to see that their TES score needs help and they will not get it with Marina. She doesn't know how to groom a team in this regard. Igor has done an excellent job with C/B.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Nah, they're working hard. Maybe they will even go to Igor. It is clear for all to see that their TES score needs help and they will not get it with Marina. She doesn't know how to groom a team in this regard. Igor has done an excellent job with C/B.
Who is paying for S/K? I mean Zueva's coaching fee, and I don't think they will go to Igor at least this season. Zueva has done a lot for them, including PR, connections...

Skategmt

On the Ice
I think that with Elena and Nikita, Elelna was the one who really made you enjoy watching them, as opposed to Voir or Davis and White where you watched both Tessa and Scott and Meryl and Charlie. I think Elena has a lot of personality on the ice, and no women competing in dance now has that spark like. If you watch Elena and Nikita's 2014 Olympic Short Dance, its all her. I think that's why I/Z are more successful than S/K

uhh

Medalist
Who is paying for S/K? I mean Zueva's coaching fee, and I don't think they will go to Igor at least this season. Zueva has done a lot for them, including PR, connections...

They have national reserve team funding, although I don't know if it would cover all of their costs.

I don't see why Igor would take them, he already has a top couple in Chock/Bates, and plays a consulting role for many other teams, and given the history there why would he want an ex-Zoueva team?

peg

Medalist
I don't see why Igor would take them, he already has a top couple in Chock/Bates, and plays a consulting role for many other teams, and given the history there why would he want an ex-Zoueva team?
To prove he's a better coach than Marina ;)

bramweld

Record Breaker
They have national reserve team funding, although I don't know if it would cover all of their costs.

I never looked at it that way. Rather he'd be "Marina, this is how you get it done". To my untrained eye their material seems above their capabilities at this time in their career. They need to learn to just skate together, rather than going for the big tricks.

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Does anyone remember back to 1995 at Skate America in Detroit when Artur Dmitriev and his new partner Oksana Kasakova placed fifth. People were very worried about that pair. Oksana could barely keep up with Artur as he pulled her around the ice. However, Tamara Moskavina promised that in time, good things would happen for them. By 1998 they won the Olympic gold medal. Perhaps patience is the answer for Victoria and Nikita.

Arur dmitriev famously got fat and out of shape during the off season and even during the regular season took time to get into shape all while being a constant drinker and smoker! Lots blamed him being out of shape for their problems. It's true she never learned outside death spiral.