Skaters on Team Japan | Page 107 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
According to Dai, the ice where Nats will take place is surfaced on top of a hollow space (not cement) so it’s easier to jump :think:
Interesting... I can't imagine how it could make jumps easier... but I can imagine how it could making landings easier...! :-D

You'd think ice would still be so hard and thick that it would make no difference, otherwise it would crack? o_O But then, people who have spent almost their entire lives on ice can probbaly feel even the minutest difference...

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist
Oh now that's interesting to hear, thank you. It'll be curious to see if it translates into practice and exciting if it does!
Wonderful to hear about Mao :hap10:

The YT of the draw does work with Hola else it's geoblocked.

I looked up their website and it's a swimming pool during the Spring and Summer.
http://www.namihayadome.gr.jp/shisetsuannai.html
Let everyone jump well! (but no peaking for Yuzuru yet)

Thanks for the info about the geoblock.

I think this is the lady's version.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x55slzu_髙橋さんと振り返る名場面-女性編-真央復活_sport

:cry: :cry:

I can clearly remember all of them.

Nobunari started crying before Akiko herself :console:

Rika's River Dance is back :agree:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x55rv2z_one-2-復活のリバーダンス_sport

Oh thank you for the correction, I was watching them back to back and got them mixed up.
Nobu is a gift to us all :biggrin:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
According to Dai, the ice where Nats will take place is surfaced on top of a hollow space (not cement) so it’s easier to jump :think:

I looked up their website and it's a swimming pool during the Spring and Summer.
http://www.namihayadome.gr.jp/shisetsuannai.html
Let everyone jump well! (but no peaking for Yuzuru yet)

Interesting... I can't imagine how it could make jumps easier... but I can imagine how it could making landings easier...! :-D

You'd think ice would still be so hard and thick that it would make no difference, otherwise it would crack? o_O But then, people who have spent almost their entire lives on ice can probbaly feel even the minutest difference...

Thanks for this interesting tidbit, mikaboo! Dai possibly tried to jump on it himself in order to come to that conclusion. :think: Has this venue been used for competitions/shows before? I can't recall the name.

mikaboo

Medalist

I listened to him again just in case I misunderstood, but the conversation went like this from around 2:25.
Announcer: The venue in Osaka, is it easy to jump there?
Dai: Yes, it's hard getting height(?) when it's concrete but I think this venue is hollow underneath so it'll be good for getting height.

He says "agari ga ii" which I've never heard before and translated as "getting height" but I think he just means "easy to jump".
(But please correct me if anyone knows the true meaning)

Thanks for this interesting tidbit, mikaboo! Dai possibly tried to jump on it himself in order to come to that conclusion. :think: Has this venue been used for competitions/shows before? I can't recall the name.

Yes, they changed the name recently to RACTAB Dome, but the original name is Namihaya Dome and they've held Nationals there many times. The most recent was in 2011. And NHK Trophy in 2014 was held there also most recently.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Just saw this from Fumie. She looked really good here and I love the program :biggrin: After watching this though, it makes me that much more impressed at the fact that Shizuka still has several of her triples and even a 3-3 :eeking:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Just saw this from Fumie. She looked really good here and I love the program :biggrin: After watching this though, it makes me that much more impressed at the fact that Shizuka still has several of her triples and even a 3-3 :eeking:
I feel I should point out: that video shows Fumie in the Masters Elite I "Artistic" skate at the Oberstdorf Adult competition. There is no technical score for that, only single jumps are allowed, and it is judged only on interpretation of the music, choreography, PCS etc. (Fumie won by the way)

Fumie also competed in the Master Elite I "Free" skate there, in which all jumps are allowed... and she did 2A and triple jumps, but unfortunately I don't think any videos were posted from that competition. Fumie didn't do so well on the day, and got beaten into 3rd ("kuyashii!")

Shizuka has indeed kept herself in remarkable form, amazing that she still has her jumps, and I think her skating became even more beautiful once unshackled from the rules of competition. But Fumie is not doing so badly either, and still skates beautifully too...

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist
Fuji TV’s going to livestream the opening ceremony and SP draws from December 22, 18:30. Should be available on their website below.
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/sports/skate/japan/index.html
Thank you Fuji TV, I love you sometimes.

I found last year’s on dailymotion. The referee has so much trouble pronouncing some of the names even though most of them are in Japanese, and skaters forgetting to receive their gifts from sponsors one after another :laugh2: I would totally be one of them if I were there though.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ja7c6_全日本フィギュア2015滑走順抽選_sport
I miss Kozuka and Sota…

The draws just ended but the video is still available to watch now. I don't know how long it'll be available for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRMEo2SjKLk
My favorite part is the very last part at around 1:23:00 where Rika realizes that Satoko forgot her box and runs after her :laugh:

ETA: I forgot that it's geoblocked but I heard you can watch it with HOLA.

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I feel I should point out: that video shows Fumie in the Masters Elite I "Artistic" skate at the Oberstdorf Adult competition. There is no technical score for that, only single jumps are allowed, and it is judged only on interpretation of the music, choreography, PCS etc. (Fumie won by the way)

Fumie also competed in the Master Elite I "Free" skate there, in which all jumps are allowed... and she did 2A and triple jumps, but unfortunately I don't think any videos were posted from that competition. Fumie didn't do so well on the day, and got beaten into 3rd ("kuyashii!")

Shizuka has indeed kept herself in remarkable form, amazing that she still has her jumps, and I think her skating became even more beautiful once unshackled from the rules of competition. But Fumie is not doing so badly either, and still skates beautifully too...

Canadian Joannie Rochette is also wonderful now :)

hamaguri

Record Breaker
What a competition! What a passion!

I was impressed by mens sp at nationals more than any other competition this year! I cheered up for all the skaters before screen and deeply felt with them. Its hard some of them cant go to fs tomorrow..

What happened to fuji tv? Wonderful tes counter. Mita-san got silent. Good commentary. Im so happy.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
What a competition! What a passion!

I was impressed by mens sp at nationals more than any other competition this year! I cheered up for all the skaters before screen and deeply felt with them. Its hard some of them cant go to fs tomorrow..

What happened fuji tv? Wonderful tes counter. Mita-san got silent. Good commentary. Im so happy.

I did not watch the competition live but I have been catching up on all of the videos. So much talent in the men's field in Japan. It is hard not to root for them all!

Plumededragon

Medalist
Despite the young talents we saw, I felt like the competition was oddly empty with Yuzu's absence... it felt so weird...
At least, the highlights were Takahito, Keiji and Ryuju who were great. Hopefully they will be stellar tomorrow as well!
At least, the ladies' competition will feel normal tomorrow. Good luck to them all!

Andrea82

Medalist
Does Francis Boudreau-Audet have Japanese citizenship? Suto/B-A may have troubles to qualify among the 20 Pairs couples for 2018 Olympics but Japan will surely qualify for the Team Event and therefore they would apply for an additional entry for that event.

Last edited: