Skaters on Team Japan | Page 108 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

Plumededragon

Medalist
There is also a large gap left by Daisuke Murakami's absence...!
That's also true. And Sota Yamamoto as well! :cry:
Basically only everyone in the ladies is here... but things are looking grim for Mao. I really hope she'll make a strong come-back in the free.

SuzyQ

Medalist
Conglatulations Shoma! National Champion! Tears in your eyes. So so moving :sad4: You did really great.

But, Fuji TV, WHY NOT LIVE, at least the final two groups of men !? Am I really in Japan ? :ddevil:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Conglatulations Shoma! National Champion! Tears in your eyes. So so moving :sad4: You did really great.

But, Fuji TV, WHY NOT LIVE, at least the final two groups of men !? Am I really in Japan ? :ddevil:

Oh, yes! yesterday was good FUJI considering the past. but today they returned to the bad Fuji.... :disapp:

mikaboo

Medalist

Seriously! I was watching the ladies and the weird narration after Marin's SP (which was wonderful btw) thinking "Hurry, hurry, hurry!!!"
And they skipped Sena and his 3A :(

SuzyQ

Medalist
Yes! I was sure that we could see Sena's 3A even by recording, as I checked about it on the Internet Sports Navi. But they skipped.

Sorry, ladies, but I did not need to hear their interview every after their performance, as it was not already live. Fuji should have shorten the ladies part (or they should have aired it live earlier!), and shown us mens part live :furious:

There are so many complaints about this on the internet already including Yahoo news comments. No wonder.

I wanted to see Tatsuya Tsuboi too. He was in 10th. After all, do we have to wait for the special program? :confused2:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
A quick question re. ladies' SP TV broadcasting last night, specifically about Yuka Nagai, I wonder if anyone watching caught this:
When Yuka was stepping off the ice, I heard the broadcaster talked about 'To Canada next year' Is it that Yuka will be relocating to Canada? Does anyone know any detail? (but later on I also read from twitter that it's her coach who will be going to Canada? Not really sure about which one so I'm asking here)

Geek On Ice

On the Ice
A quick question re. ladies' SP TV broadcasting last night, specifically about Yuka Nagai, I wonder if anyone watching caught this:
When Yuka was stepping off the ice, I heard the broadcaster talked about 'To Canada next year' Is it that Yuka will be relocating to Canada? Does anyone know any detail? (but later on I also read from twitter that it's her coach who will be going to Canada? Not really sure about which one so I'm asking here)

I heard that her coach (Mr. Megumu Seki) is relocating to Canada next year. Nothing was mentioned about Yuka moving with him, rather I think the announcer was saying that Yuka wants to do good job for him to show appreciation or something like that...

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I heard that her coach (Mr. Megumu Seki) is relocating to Canada next year. Nothing was mentioned about Yuka moving with him, rather I think the announcer was saying that Yuka wants to do good job for him to show appreciation or something like that...
Thanks for the reply. At least this means Yuka will probably going to work with other coach in the future.

mikaboo

Medalist
Saya Suzuki. Who is this girl? and How old is she? (eta, ok she is 15) Only I know about her is that she is Nagakubo's student.
At Nats, this is the first time I watched her performances and thought she is quite good (she has it factor.), anyone? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Toxng8CnHdM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LC5h6k72PI

Yeah, she's cute. I like her. I hope to see her compete at JGP next season.
I found a video on her if you haven't seen it yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PqtG7Gl4HY

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Thanks mikaboo. yes, she is very cute and talented.
I like that her performance ability is like an unknown quantity and it’s good for her having Akiko Suzuki as her ideal skater and choreographer. :yay:

She is so lovely like Marin... Im expecting her. It seems i like a just good looking girl!:love:

Last edited:

sweetwater

On the Ice
Based on the results of Nationals, JSF released the list of skaters who will represent Japan in following competitions:

Worlds 2017
Men: Shoma Uno, Yuzuru Hanyu, Keiji Tanaka / Takahito Mura (substitute), Ryuju Hino (substitute)
Ladies: Satoko Miyahara, Wakaba Higuchi, Mai Mihara / Rika Hongo (substitute), Kanako Murakami (substitute)
Pairs: Sumire Suto & Francis Boudreau Audet
Ice dance: Kana Muramoto & Chris Reed

Junior Worlds 2017
Men: Kazuki Tomono, Koshiro Shimada / Sena Miyake (substitute), Mitsuki Sumoto (substitute)
Ladies: Kaori Sakamoto, Marin Honda, Yuna Shiraiwa
Ice dance: Rikako Fukase & Aru Tateno

4CC 2017
Men: Same as Worlds.
Ladies: Same as Worlds.
Pairs: Sumire Suto & Francis Boudreau Audet, Miu Suzaki & Ryuichi Kihara
Ice dance: Kana Muramoto & Chris Reed, Emi Hirai & Marien dela Asuncion

Asian Winter Games
Men: Shoma Uno, Takahito Mura / Ryuju Hino (substitute), Kazuki Tomono (substitute)
Ladies: Satoko Miyahara, Rika Hongo / Kaori Sakamoto (substitute), Kanako Murakami (substitute)
Pairs: Miu Suzaki & Ryuichi Kihara, Narumi Takahashi & Ryo Shibata
Ice dance: Kana Muramoto & Chris Reed, Ibuki Mori & Kentaro Suzuki

Source: Fuji TV & @pandaatlarge on twitter

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Yes! I was sure that we could see Sena's 3A even by recording, as I checked about it on the Internet Sports Navi. But they skipped.

Sorry, ladies, but I did not need to hear their interview every after their performance, as it was not already live. Fuji should have shorten the ladies part (or they should have aired it live earlier!), and shown us mens part live :furious:

There are so many complaints about this on the internet already including Yahoo news comments. No wonder.

I wanted to see Tatsuya Tsuboi too. He was in 10th. After all, do we have to wait for the special program? :confused2:

Me too~:(

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I am of course ecstatic for Yuzuru but Keiji gets to go to Worlds and 4CC! So happy for the man! Now work on that second quad and hopefully this is a big positive thing in the end.