Skaters on Team Japan | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Who is going to World? OK this is a stupid question....Yuzu and Machida got 1st and 2nd at Worlds, why can't Japan get 5 places instead of only 3 places :disapp:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Who is going to World? OK this is a stupid question....Yuzu and Machida got 1st and 2nd at Worlds, why can't Japan get 5 places instead of only 3 places :disapp:

If it is the same as last year:

1. The first spot will be awarded to the winner of the Japanese Nationals.
2. The second spot will be awarded to a skater chosen from the following pool: the winner of the silver medal at Japanese Nationals, the winner of the bronze medal at Japanese Nationals and the skater who placed the highest on the podium at the Grand Prix final.
3. The third spot will be awarded to a skater chosen from the following pool: the skater qualified in point 2 but was not chosen, 3 skaters who will have the highest World standing at the moment of the Japanese Nationals, 3 skaters with the highest ISU season best score.

So:

1.) Yuzuru
2.) Shoma (silver medalist), Takahiko (bronze medalist) nobody qualifies under GPF provision (Mura and Machida were both off the podium)
3.) So Shoma/Takahiko; Machida/Mura (Top 3 WS and SB)

X factor is if they opt to send Shoma to Jr. Worlds rather than Worlds.

If they do send Shoma, then it's either Takahiko or Machida for the lat spot.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Other than maybe 4CC I don't see Mura in the mix for the Worlds team and I think there are high chances for Shoma to be sent to Sr Worlds as well - his result was just that good and he's too consistent to be replaced. The third spot will be disputed by Kozuka's finish and Machida's better overall performances/results this season and possibly his reigning World Silver Medalist status. At the same time the field is so deep and there is so much talent in this team, the Worlds spots might stay the same.

cdngirl

On the Ice
If it is the same as last year:

1. The first spot will be awarded to the winner of the Japanese Nationals.
2. The second spot will be awarded to a skater chosen from the following pool: the winner of the silver medal at Japanese Nationals, the winner of the bronze medal at Japanese Nationals and the skater who placed the highest on the podium at the Grand Prix final.
3. The third spot will be awarded to a skater chosen from the following pool: the skater qualified in point 2 but was not chosen, 3 skaters who will have the highest World standing at the moment of the Japanese Nationals, 3 skaters with the highest ISU season best score.

So:

1.) Yuzuru
2.) Shoma (silver medalist), Takahiko (bronze medalist) nobody qualifies under GPF provision (Mura and Machida were both off the podium)
3.) So Shoma/Takahiko; Machida/Mura (Top 3 WS and SB)

X factor is if they opt to send Shoma to Jr. Worlds rather than Worlds.

If they do send Shoma, then it's either Takahiko or Machida for the lat spot.

Thank you for your analysis, Mrs P. You have given me hope. My dream team for the Worlds would be Captain Kozuka, Yuzuru Hanyu and Tatsuki Machida with Shoma entering the Junior Worlds. Sorry Shoma. I love your skating but you have many years ahead to make the Seniors podium. I also wouldn't be too disappointed if Takahiko Mura joined my dream team because I think he's come a long way and keeps improving with time. I wish they could all go.

Last edited:

dasani

On the Ice
JSF better not screw it up by skipping Kozuka again!

I hope the spots will be assigned as follows:
Worlds: Hanyu, Kozuka, Machida
4CC: Mura, Murakami, Uno (Shoma can take advantage of experience in 4CC before heading to Junior Worlds; and Dice definitely deserves to get more chances at international competitions!)

Little Sota I'll be cheering for you at Junior Worlds! :cheer:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i watched Wakaba's LP again, in the slow-mo, you can see that her - 3T is so high that there are lots of room left for a very secure landing. I really think that Wakada can keep her jumps in the future. I wish she can get some good programs next year and polish her artistry.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Looks like Shoma and Sota will have a big opponent for Junior Worlds:
Men Short Program Result:
1、JIN Boyang 87.24

Boyang 4s2t,3a,4t hand down

Free Skating Score and Combined Total Score of Men (Thanks to Hanbizhaohua and Qianqingshuo)
1. JIN Boyang: free skating score (fs) 180.24,total score (ts) 267.48

BoYang: 4s,4t2t,3a,4t,3lz3t,3f1lo3s,3lo,3lz, only a mistake in sit spin.
Han Yan: 3a3t,4t2t,4t fall,3a fall,3lo,3lz1t1lo,3f2t(pulled an oda)2s

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Looks like Shoma and Sota will have a big opponent for Junior Worlds:

in juniors do they let quads in SP?? cause i havent seen it this season, if they dont i dont think shoma has anything to worry about as long as he skates clean cause jupms aside he is hands down better on everything else and seems like he got 79 pcs there for FP, there is no way he can get in real world :laugh:

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I would say if Boyang skates clean and Shoma skates clean it may be interesting. Boyang can definitely score higher on TES than Shoma with clean skate, but what will be on PCS side will be interesting

Interspectator

Record Breaker
she put up an English version as well http://instagram.com/p/xUtPTtl_AW/

What is she getting hate for? o_O

She goes against the tide of popular opinion in a lot of her actions -which I think is admirable because she is being true to herself. Being a single mom, doing her own thing, having boyfriends, having a life.
In Japan Skaters and a lot of celebrities are put on impossible pedestals of saintliness which is disturbing and puts so much pressure on the person. Miki was quick to smash this image and live as she wants.
Since Japan is generally a conformist society, many people do not like her persona. -However, many people also see her as a great role model as well.

Go Miki!

P.S. This is not to say that people like Mao or Shizuka are not being true to themselves...I think they are...but their personalities are more in-line with what is acceptable in Japan. And therefore they get less flack from the public because they are what the public wants to see.
But Arakawa does ride a awesome motorbike!

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
she put up an English version as well http://instagram.com/p/xUtPTtl_AW/
Saw it, thank you.

I must said that I agree with the way she put things.

People can´t ignore her because they care.
If they hate her they should stop following her social media accounts.
Nobody´s life is perfect, everyone is trying their best to be happy.

I have see it, it´s really great.

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
She goes against the tide of popular opinion in a lot of her actions -which I think is admirable because she is being true to herself. Being a single mom, doing her own thing, having boyfriends, having a life.
In Japan Skaters and a lot of celebrities are put on impossible pedestals of saintliness which is disturbing and puts so much pressure on the person. Miki was quick to smash this image and live as she wants.
Since Japan is generally a conformist society, many people do not like her persona. -However, many people also see her as a great role model as well.

Go Miki!

P.S. This is not to say that people like Mao or Shizuka are not being true to themselves...I think they are...but their personalities are more in-line with what is acceptable in Japan. And therefore they get less flack from the public because they are what the public wants to see.

I remember reading an article a while back about her deciding to be a single mom and continue to skate at the same time and I thought that was really brave. From everything I've seen I really like her as a person and it's a shame she's getting so much hate for just being herself. More power to her.

Perdita

Final Flight
How brave for Miki to post a comment for haters :cheer:

After the Nats, I was worried about Wakaba. She's only 13 and already so many bashings toward her. Few days ago, she tweeted that maybe she should close her account. Honestly, I think that's good for her to protect herself, but it's just too sad that a 13 yo girl has to think about stopping SNS due to those nasty people. She names Miki as one of her role models, so I hope Wakaba can feel a bit encouraged by Miki's post...

Miki, thank you so much for showing your bravery!