Skaters on Team Japan | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

HanDomi

Record Breaker
So what are points for making 3 lots for next year ?

- if Hanyu wins, then Kozuka and Mura must be on what positions ?

alia jackson

Record Breaker
:agree: could I check how japan can keep the 3 slots in terms of what each person need to place in the competition. thanks in advance

alia jackson

Record Breaker
thanks all. i still dunno how they count this thing

I double check against 2013 world --> yuzu 4th, dai 6th, mura 8th

treeloving

Medalist
I think sending Shoma might be a more secure way for Japan to keep the third spot. Kozuka is so inconsistent and Mura has only one good skate this season so far.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Shoma is starting to get exhausted with the hype and attention and it showed today at the 4CC. His goal is Jr Worlds so I agree with the federation's decision. It's sad to see that Machida is still a better bet for Worlds than everyone else but I have faith in Mura and Kozuka to help Yuzuru keep the spots.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
That would be quite a disaster if Japan would not have 3 spots for mens with depth of talents there

Meoima

Match Penalty
They should have sent Daisuke Murakami...
But well, I think Japan world team can make it. Have faith.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Shoma is starting to get exhausted with the hype and attention and it showed today at the 4CC. His goal is Jr Worlds so I agree with the federation's decision. It's sad to see that Machida is still a better bet for Worlds than everyone else but I have faith in Mura and Kozuka to help Yuzuru keep the spots.

He looked soo tired. Please, let this boy rest.
On a cheerful note, now that Murakami is doing better than ever, maybe the media attention can be spread around a bit more?
If anyone actually needs more attention, it's Murakami, after being ignored for so long.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
At least 12th.

I thought that the 1st and 2nd place can secure 3 spots for their country. If they finish 3rd and below then 2 of the countries skater must finish with a total of 13. If they have 3 skaters then the top 2 finishers will be counted Into the 13 total

Meoima

Match Penalty
On a cheerful note, now that Murakami is doing better than ever, maybe the media attention can be spread around a bit more?
If anyone actually needs more attention, it's Murakami, after being ignored for so long.
I still think Murakami was lowballed in PCS especially in his SP, but I guess because it's he skated early. Next season they should assign him 2 GP events.

jace93

On the Ice
They should have sent Daisuke Murakami...
But well, I think Japan world team can make it. Have faith.

The problemi with Murakami is that he is way more inconsistent then any other japanese men...this season he has scored everywhere from 200~ to more then 250... and before this season he didn't have any kind of positive track record...

ioanna

Record Breaker

I watched the Fuji posters and commercials and no doubt they made Shoma the star of the event although they had Satoko who is National Champion and has chances to win. The attention should be evened out between skaters so that nobody will feel pressure but I guess that's too much to ask.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Now that the men couldn't make it I expect Japanese ladies to make it. I don't enjoy Satoko's SP but her LP is a masterpiece.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
thanks all. i still dunno how they count this thing

I double check against 2013 world --> yuzu 4th, dai 6th, mura 8th

From wikidpedia

Number of skaters/teams To earn 3 entries To earn 2 entries
1 Place in the top 2 Place in the top 10
2 Total placements is equal to or less than 13 Total placements is equal to or less than 28
3 Top two placements is equal to or less than 13 Top two placements is equal to or less than 28

There are exceptions if a skater is forced to withdraw in the middle of the competition due to a medical emergency or equipment problems.

So in 2013 Worlds, Japan had three skaters (Yuzuru, Daisuke T., and Takahiko) and the first two combined for 10 or less than 13 so Japan gets to keep three spots for the Olympics and Worlds.

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
So in 2013 Worlds, Japan had three skaters (Yuzuru, Daisuke T., and Takahiko) and the first two combined for 10 or less than 13 so Japan gets to keep three spots for the Olympics and Worlds.

A good thing they kept their 3 spots after Worlds 2013 and produced the best ever results for the men's Team Japan both at the Olympics (1st, 5th, 6th) and Worlds (1st, 2nd, 6th).

Interspectator

Record Breaker
A good thing they kept their 3 spots after Worlds 2013 and produced the best ever results for the men's Team Japan both at the Olympics (1st, 5th, 6th) and Worlds (1st, 2nd, 6th).

It was a close call! they nearly lost a spot. (shudder)

alia jackson

Record Breaker
^^^ thank you Maria.

Whatever happens I hope JFS rest Yuzu too after Worlds.

After Sochi, he did Worlds, various events/engagements/commercials, summer ice shows, back injury withdraw from Filandia, collision at CoC, skated with injury at NHK, win GPF/Nationals while still recovering, then the surgery, now ankle injury :disapp:

I believe Japanese skaters are the most overworked (with ice shows) and pressured (due to depth of talents they just cannot rest and by the media). At this time I can only see Mura and Murakami that are the most healthy, while Yuzu is injured/burnt out and Shoma tired. Please JSF spare these guys.

Last edited: