So You Think You Can Dance | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance

childfreegirl

Final Flight
I watched most of it last night. I didn't stay up for the vote off though. It was the first time I had watched all season. I always had a favorite early on, only to be dissappointed when they were voted off.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Brandon was the guy who got voted off, don't remember which girl got voted off... Nigel is wanting to bring Brandon back next season as it was an unfair set of circumstances that got him on the show this year and Nigel feels he just needs more time to learn and would be able to make the show on his own given that time. But the rules clearly state that once a dancer makes it to the top 20 they can't come back. So he's pressuring FOX to bend the rules in this case...

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't watch last night. Thanks Toni for the info. I still don't know them by name but here is the top 20 profiles.

Top 20

prettykeys

Medalist
hehe...I used to follow this show regularly through the seasons...but I've fallen off the wagon as of late. :(

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Ariana was the girl sent packing. Her hip hop routine was eh and her solo was just okay.

I find this a rather disappointing top 20. I wish they'd waited until next summer for season six. Too much Mary Murphy too soon.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah I'm not looking forward to Paula popping up eventually... Mary and Paula on teh same show? I hope I forget to watch that night.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Love this show. As for Brandon, the judges voted him off, so why do they want to bring him back? The girl they should have sent home packing was the one with her leg bandaged, not the one who had two usable legs to dance on.....:chorus: 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
she has to be able to dance this week or she's gone....

Brandon was brought on because another dancer had to bow out, he was 'next in line' by default... the judges didn't pick him as one they wanted to come on the show this season (they were hoping he'd use the time to get mroe training, there wasn't much time between hell week and this past week apparently)...

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Yep, I understood all that. I think that instead of bringing Brandon on board just to vote him off, they should have had a pro dance with his partner and just eliminate one girl. They've had dancers dance with their pro choreographers before in the past (Pasha did). But I guess then they would have missed the opportunity for drama.........;) 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah and they did have a pro dance with another one of the dancers, so I get what you're saying... oh well.

heyang

Record Breaker
Yep, I understood all that. I think that instead of bringing Brandon on board just to vote him off, they should have had a pro dance with his partner and just eliminate one girl. They've had dancers dance with their pro choreographers before in the past (Pasha did). But I guess then they would have missed the opportunity for drama.........;) 42

Russell the Krumper danced with Melanie because his partner Noelle had an injury. He got the pro because she was not neccessarily out of the competition. The day after the dance, she was scheduled for an MRI.

Brandon had to step in for Billy Bell (the kid who got his nose bloodied during Vegas week). He dropped out of the competition due to illness - the doctor said that all the training would impede his recovery. That's why Pauline had to have a new partner - because Billy dropped out - not just out temporarily.

I do feel that it was 'unfair' that Noelle wasn't automatically put into the bottom 2 - as they did with Jessie when she couldn't compete that one week with Pasha. However, I think Jessie's was a temporary stomach ailment that was just a couple of weeks into competition - unlike this year having 2 people unable to dance right at the beginnin.

I think it was wrong for the judges to put Russell in their bottom 2. Phillip the tapper should've been there since his jive wasn't that good and he should've been better with his experience. Russell did a good job outside of his genre with a partner that he hasn't practiced with all week.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I guess it just all boils down to who the judges want in the competition and who is expendable at this point..........They need ratings to stay solid, so I am guessing they are trying to figure out who has mass public appeal.........hard to do at this point in the game..........42