2023 U.S. Junior Team Cup | Jul 6-7 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Junior Team Cup | Jul 6-7

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did you watch it?:)

Yes (and I realize I am talking about the SP and I have not seen the FS)

He came alive in true Kirk style in the step sequence techno part. My only quibble with Kirk is the constant Rippon jumps, but for charisma like his, I'll allow it.

How was "Friend Like Me"?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes (and I realize I am talking about the SP and I have not seen the FS)

He came alive in true Kirk style in the step sequence techno part. My only quibble with Kirk is the constant Rippon jumps, but for charisma like his, I'll allow it.

How was "Friend Like Me"?
Yes, I do realize that. I don't know why he was trained to do them like that since they are no longer worth more. "Friend Like Me" was good, he fell, but I don't care.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, I do realize that. I don't know why he was trained to do them like that since they are no longer worth more. "Friend Like Me" was good, he fell, but I don't care.

I don't care if Kirk does double toes and falls on half of them as long as "the system" doesn't quench that performing spirit he has.

Sorry to hear about Jacob and the pops. Again, I am talking about a skate I have not seen and could be totally wrong, but I think the pressure to add a quad may be diminishing Jacob's joy in presentation. Sad, if so. :(

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't care if Kirk does double toes and falls on half of them as long as "the system" doesn't quench that performing spirit he has.

Sorry to hear about Jacob and the pops. Again, I am talking about a skate I have not seen and could be totally wrong, but I think the pressure to add a quad may be diminishing Jacob's joy in presentation. Sad, if so. :(
I don't know how to respond. I love Kirk, and I love Jacob, and I hope Jacob is ok. But let's remember it's the first week of July. A lot of these young men aren't finishing particularly close to when the music finishes. I'm sure that will be cleaned up.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
David Santee, I have no peeps in this competition, so just be nice to everyone please.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Juliana has a pretty purple dress with PURPLE LEGGINGS on. I approve.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So why is this called a Team Cup? They aren't divided into teams.

Paz

Rinkside
Mia’s two “Ultra-C” quads didn’t help. Why is she being pushed The Russian Way…as if it now matters?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mia’s two “Ultra-C” quads didn’t help. Why is she being pushed The Russian Way…as if it now matters?
Well the war will be over someday. At least I hope so.
I have such a hard time following junior ladies. There are so many.

Green Carrots

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
I'm happy Mia could deliver quite good performances there. Hopefully she'll get two assignments. I also really surprised with Annika Chao's scores, she seems to be a really prospective girl. Actually I see there's a lot of newcomers in US junior team like Cleo Park and Teryn Kim...

katymay

Medalist
At some point the Russian skaters will be back. And this group would have difficulty competing with the younger age Russian novice group. Mia has a way to go, but she CAN land those jumps, and that is hope for US futures for when the Russian girls do return. Looking at the long game, it is good to see her attempt those jumps. Mia has a great shot at making the Olympic team if she can get the right training, coaching etc.