Team Korea Youngsters | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
according to This tumblr user, Sohyun Ahn and Junhwan Cha will be debuting as seniors for 2015 Korean Nationals this January, baby Cha Jun Hwan might have chance to podium?? :cheer: considering his last competition he was in top 3 or 4 by his score:yay:

s_parks

Record Breaker
according to This tumblr user, Sohyun Ahn and Junhwan Cha will be debuting as seniors for 2015 Korean Nationals this January, baby Cha Jun Hwan might have chance to podium?? :cheer: considering his last competition he was in top 3 or 4 by his score:yay:

I believe CJH already debuted as a senior last nationals. He placed 3rd in the fs and 5th overall. He definitely could podium this year.

jimeonji

Final Flight
News report on new pair team Jung Yu Jin/Luca Dematte and dance team Kam Kang In/Lee Ho Jung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MjKPh7h9Zg&sns=tw
Yu Jin in the beginning says: "I'm very nervous but I/we want to show a good performance/image without mistakes." (talking about how they're going to be skating at Nationals in a few days)

I'm not too sure what Kang In says, something about skating having a muddyish feeling (???), they're going to practice harder, they definitely want to skate at Pyeongchang.

Last edited:

chezzu

On the Ice
man thank you so much for this thread, without it i wouldn't have discovered so many lovely skaters :D

cha junhwan is amazing for his age. heck he's amazing period. hope he does well at his nationals!

makaihime

Final Flight
Jun Hwan Cha looks exactly like baby Hanyu on the ice. :eek: From the arm movements to the hair...giving me some serious deja vu :laugh: It say's his birthday is on October, 2001 so he's 13 now right? So adorable!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Good recovery for CJH. Looks like he got a ! on his flip. :think: He didn't get ! or e on any of the previous competitions this season; must have been a bit rattled by the fall in the beginning. Still, an improvement overall from last season when he almost always got an e on the flip. He could still medal if he skates well in the free(love his lp this season).

giulia95

Medalist
very clear and quick thinking for a 13yo ! Amazing musicality and interpretation ! Bravo Cha!:cheer2:

I really like this SP , do you know who's the choreographer?
thanks in advance!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I love his style. So enthusiastic -and musical. Looking forward to seeing him again soon on the Junior Circuit. :points:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i wonder if he has any chance of going to junior worlds, still so long to next year's jgp :laugh: June Hyoung might get gold and jin seo silver and junhwan bronze, and they each get 1 competition worlds,4CC and junior worlds, would be awesome

s_parks

Record Breaker
i wonder if he has any chance of going to junior worlds, still so long to next year's jgp :laugh: June Hyoung might get gold and jin seo silver and junhwan bronze, and they each get 1 competition worlds,4CC and junior worlds, would be awesome

Jun Hwan is not junior-eligible this season. His birthday is Oct. 2001.

s_parks

Record Breaker
It seems that Jung Yu Jin/Luca Dematte have split after skating at Nationals only a few days ago. Although the KSU is actively trying to work on pairs, things don't look too great, especially with Luiz Manella not showing up to Nats...

Oh, drat. It's unfortunate Manella didn't show up, but I have to say he and Choi look good. And he's been posting pictures of them recently... I guess it's all good between those two then? I hope they work out at least, they seem promising.

jimeonji

Final Flight
Oh, drat. It's unfortunate Manella didn't show up, but I have to say he and Choi look good. And he's been posting pictures of them recently... I guess it's all good between those two then? I hope they work out at least, they seem promising.

Ah, that's good to hear. I thought they looked the more promising of the two pairs.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=005&article_id=0000727254

It's now official that both teams have disbanded.
It's unfortunate but it happens a lot. :eek:hwell: Luca is said to be finding a new partner in SK. I wish him luck at that venture.

I do wish that KSU starts to think about letting their new pairs division grow more naturally (start at a young age) rather than hastily pairing up two people together....

s_parks

Record Breaker
http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=005&article_id=0000727254

It's unfortunate but it happens a lot. :eek:hwell: Luca is said to be finding a new partner in SK. I wish him luck at that venture.

I do wish that KSU starts to think about letting their new pairs division grow more naturally (start at a young age) rather than hastily pairing up two people together....

Sigh... maybe KSU should have made more effort to get decent training facilities instead... :disapp:

lbc2138

On the Ice
Sigh... maybe KSU should have made more effort to get decent training facilities instead... :disapp:

Agreed. Just one rink, one! A rink completely dedicated to just figure skating that doesn't have the distracting hockey lines.

Actually, I take that back. I don't know of SKorea's situation on rinks/space and where speed skaters practice versus hockey players versus figure skaters. Can anyone care to inform me?

jimeonji

Final Flight

I just read about it this morning - very unfortunate. I had hopes to see them compete next season... They went through the trouble of holding tryouts, getting Ingo Steuer to work with them, and even getting programs choreographed but in the end they can't even keep two teams together for more than a couple months.

From what I'm understanding from the article, Choi/Manella split because he messaged her the day before the competition saying he had an injury (and there was doubt about the truth of the statement?) and then they split. For Jung/Dematte, it was more of a lack of fit together.

Last edited: