17. Highly Motivated 10-1
18. Super Stock 30-1
19. Soup and Sandwich 30-1
20. Bourbonic 30-1

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We did! Congrats to Medina Spirit, John Velasquez (what a weekend for him - with the Kentucky Oaks & Derby wins), Bob Baffert, etc.! Loved Bodie's reaction after the race!

Amei

Record Breaker
We did! Congrats to Medina Spirit, John Velasquez (what a weekend for him - with the Kentucky Oaks & Derby wins), Bob Baffert, etc.! Loved Bodie's reaction after the race!

From what I've heard Medina Spirit failed a post-race drug test and is in jeopardy of being DQed from the Kentucky Derby; this isn't Baffert's first (or second or third) failed drug test by his horse.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, I am now aware of this news. Very disturbing if this is the case with Bob Baffert (happening more than once). I wonder how this will impact the Preakness this weekend in terms of other horses entered in the race.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I agree. Disturbing and then some...
Outcome will be interesting.. The health and well being of the horse should always be top priority but sadly not always the case..

Amei

Record Breaker
I agree. Disturbing and then some...
Outcome will be interesting.. The health and well being of the horse should always be top priority but sadly not always the case..

Well technically speaking an anti-inflammatory medication, which is what the horse tested for,, helps the horse and reduces pain

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Love the equine events. I’ve been watching the full event replays on NBCSN and must add, the British commentating team is terrific!
The dressage was good tho for most it is like watching paint dry…. Felt sorry for the competitors and horses in the heat but they all did well..

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, I am now aware of this news. Very disturbing if this is the case with Bob Baffert (happening more than once). I wonder how this will impact the Preakness this weekend in terms of other horses entered in the race.
Was this ever resolved?

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
C8805582-D8A1-4453-9FD1-32637147C3B3.jpeg
From sad to happy..
My nephew & his wife are expecting a little girl next May…
The baby’s grandmother (my sister) just brought home a surprise for her.. mind you, this baby isn’t even born yet!!😁❤️
His name is Oliver..

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Do you go barefoot or shoe your horses? I know some horses really need corrective shoes.

Elbkup—cute grey! What breed?
No shoes because they are on soft turf mostly but the farrier visits regularly..
Oliver is a pony, is 2 I believe, and has reached full growth.. the extent of my knowledge tho my sister would go on all day. :thank: For your interest😊
Others are Mustang (Duende), Arabian (April) and Holsteiner-Arabian cross (Harmony) are a companion pair. The Thoroughbred-Lusitano cross (Lysander or Zander) was sold recently to a young lady who is totally smitten and a true horsewoman.. a wonderful home for him..

Last edited: