The prettiest ladies skater | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The prettiest ladies skater

Skatergal101

On the Ice
SO sad that this is a thread. Everyone is beautiful in their own way :)
it's 2017 and we are ranking individuals on their level of beauty? Just throwing that out there.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
This thread is pointless. Are we really ranking elite athletes in terms of who is the most beautiful? All women are beautiful in their own way and objectifying these athletes like this is really harmful. There is nothing wrong with pointing out beauty (beauty is subjective) but ranking these athletes in this way is in really poor taste.

To quote the amazing Carrie Fisher, "Youth and beauty are not accomplishments".

Last edited:

Eloyse

On the Ice
Ummmmmm nobody has mentioned satoko miyahara yet. I actually think she's the most beautiful Japanese lady

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
This thread is pointless. Are we really ranking elite athletes in terms of who is the most beautiful? All women are beautiful in their own way and objectifying these athletes like this is really harmful. There is nothing wrong with pointing out beauty (beauty is subjective) but ranking these athletes in this way is in really poor taste.

To quote the amazing Carrie Fisher, "Youth and beauty are not accomplishments".

I'd like to know if these threads happen on forums for other sports like soccer, swimming, tennis, etc. Or is it just figure skating that is still so appallingly sexist?

mrrice

Record Breaker
I'd like to know if these threads happen on forums for other sports like soccer, swimming, tennis, etc. Or is it just figure skating that is still so appallingly sexist?

Let me assure you that they most certainly happen in Tennis!! The difference here, is that we don't put down other skaters while praising our favorites. I have heard Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova called some disgusting things that I will NOT repeat. Novak Djokovic was called all kinds of names when he lost his #1 ranking to Andy Murray. The members of this forum are far and away, the nicest and most respectful people of the 3 forums to which I belong.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Gabby Daleman yet! Absolutely gorgeous. As for the men, Tomas Verner and Alex Shibutani.

I often talk about Gabby's good looks. However, like Evgenia, She is still quite young and I try not to talk about skaters who are still teenagers....Gabby is a great skater and IMO, resembles former Italian Champion Sylvia Fontana who is one of the prettiest skaters I have ever seen in person. You know who esle is really cute, Alena Leonova.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really don't see the problem with celebrating the skaters beauty. It's not like it makes them better than anyone and i just don't see the problem with people feeling secure enough to say who think are the prettiest. There are so many that it's a thread with limitless possibilities and positive vibes.

I think people need to relax a little and let those interested have a little fun with it. Just my take though. We had a thread like this after Sochi and I thought it was fun. They're all so pretty and there is no right or wrong selections with personal taste.

Last edited:

Imagine

Medalist
Mmmmm, mine are somewhat different:

01. Anna Pogorilaya (Supermodel)
02. Gracie Gold (Classic Hollywood Beauty)
03. Yulia Lipnitskaya (Porcelain Doll)
04. Asada Mao (Japanese Princess)
05. Evgenia Medvedeva (Tsarina on Ice)
06. Mariah Bell (Prima Ballerina)
07. Elena Radionova (Runway Model)
08. Honda Marin (Miss Teen FS)
09. Adelina Sotnikova (Covergirl)
10. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (Dame Liz Taylor Reincarnate)

Honorable Mentions: Mirai Nagasu, Hongo Rika, Alaine Chartrand, Alisa Fedichkina, Serafima Sakhanovich, Maria Sotskova, Li Zijun

From the Pantheon of Retired FS Goddesses:

01. Sasha Cohen
02. Arakawa Shizuka
03. Kim Yuna

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So many beautiful ones, but I was just re-watching some of the ice dance from the GPF and Tessa and Gabriella are both so gorgeous in different ways. And I didn't re-watch C/B but Madison is so gorg too.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
This question is only fair if you go by continents or nationalities. I find beauty everywhere.

Europe: there are so many but out of many adorable little Russian girlsI think Evgenia has a darling face. Hard not to like her.
USA. Cutest is Mariah. But beauty is in the eyes and Ashley is stunning. Gracie in her LP costume this year was breathtaking. As for Cadians- all so pretty but Katelyn is just charming to boot. Prettiest Gal since Josee. And Tessa is a very attractive woman. ShaevLynne is still hot.

For Pairs I think Ksenia Stolbova is a beauty. And ice dance is crazy. So many lovely gals. I think that the Asian look or blended look makes Chock and Shubutani a knockout. Mirai has the most beautiful dresses this year- she's always been adorable but now a grown beauty. Yuna Kim most beautiful Korean girl I have seen. In Japan I think Mao has grown into a real beauty but then Shizuka Arakawa may be the prettiest Japaneese skater ever. I thought Chen Lu was exquisite and also tall setting her apart but the petite and delicate Zi Jun Li is a different type of beauty that is hard to resist. Ice skating is full of great looking people.

There are many handsome men. I guess that is another thread. If Imstarted itnImwould be called superficial,Lol but people do love to choose their favorites. Given their glowing health and fitness skating sure does make for some stunning people. We all love the glamour I think. The past is even more full of beautiful ladies. Looks sure do count in this sport.

I wanted to say that we have few people of color but I think Vanessa is stunning too and Sonia Lafuente is lovely. Sometimes I think that skating is a bit racially biased but then I remember how stunningly people spoke of Tai Babilonia. I see that the French federation is more open to female beauty in every shade and that is so nice.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Her name is Vanessa James https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...0Q8hLgcIPVZgrFRo6hHnEUaToYxvZDjqSbZXtJz2GKZhW

After reading her bio, it appears that Vanessa is actually Canadian and skates for France. I can't believe I didn't know that.....:think:

Vanessa and twin sister Melyssa may have been born in Canada, but they are actually Bermudan. Which means they're British (they actually used to compete for GB in Singles, and Vanessa became British Champion in 2006, when Jenna McCorkell was injured). So we have first refusal on her. And boys but we need a Pairs skater as good as her...

Yes and I would be so excited if she and Mervin Tran would pair up and return to Canada.

Actually, 4everchan and I had that very conversation in another thread a few weeks ago. That would be a very strong team. But, I can't see it ever happening. Vanessa is at an age where having to sit out on an embargo for switching teams would effectively kill off her career.

Plus, I still holding out hope that Narumi will end up back skating with Mervin for Canada when she realises that trying out all these Japanese guys, and it not working with them, is killing her career!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I have no idea who that young lady is but, you're right, she's a lovely young gal.

Alisa Lozko was 14[SUP]th[/SUP] in this year's Russian Nationals. But, she is better than that result suggests.

She's only 14. So, perhaps a bit too young for this discussion.

By the way, Alisa is from the same part of Russia as Liza Tuktamysheva, the Republic of Udmurtia. And so is Alina Zagitova.

CaroLiza_fan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Plus, I still holding out hope that Narumi will end up back skating with Mervin for Canada when she realises that trying out all these Japanese guys, and it not working with them, is killing her career!

CaroLiza_fan

Not gonna happen for the same reasons that led to the breakup of T/T. 1) The Japanese fed needs her for the Pairs in the Olympic Team Event, and 2) She does not want to give up her Japanese citizenship.

As well, Canada is not desperate for Pairs skaters.

Beautiful female skaters? So many. Off the top of my head, among the active ISU skaters, Anna P is beautiful and alluring, and Canadians Tessa V and Kaetlyn O are brightly beautiful.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
You won't forget her after you've seen her layback: https://youtu.be/jeikrgAj-zs?t=50m28s
(Russian nationals, LSp4 with +3 GOE from every judge!)

Holy Cow!! As pretty as she is, and as fast as her spins are..... It's the beautiful use of her gestures/arms and hands that really wow me. It's so much harder than people realize. So controlled and gorgeous......Love her!!!! Bravo to her coach and choreographer.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not gonna happen for the same reasons that led to the breakup of T/T. 1) The Japanese fed needs her for the Pairs in the Olympic Team Event, and 2) She does not want to give up her Japanese citizenship.

As well, Canada is not desperate for Pairs skaters.

But, although she is undoubtedly the best Pairs skater in Japan, she can't get a Japanese partner that can do her justice. For goodness sake, she was last in Nationals a couple weeks ago, in a field that was bigger than we have ever seen. At this rate of going, she is not going to get near the Olympics.

Of course, the perfect scenario would be if Mervin took on Japanese citizenship. But we all know the problems associated with that, with Japan not allowing dual nationality. Let's face it, that is why they split in the first place. So, Canada is the best hope. And given the problems Narumi is having getting a Japanese partner as strong as her, I think she would be more willing to consider it now.

And I disagree with you about Canada not needing Pairs skaters. If you saw the discussion in a couple of threads a few weeks ago, Canadian Pairs skating is in crisis. All but a handful of the couples that competed in Canadian Nationals last year have split up or are injured or have retired. And the top partnerships that have stayed together are likely to retire after the Olympics.

EDIT: Ignore that last paragraph. Just realised that the discussion I was referring to was about Ice Dance. :palmf:

But I still stand by my final sentence:​

Canada needs Mervin back. And they could do with Narumi too!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: