Top 5 from worlds | Golden Skate

Top 5 from worlds

rain

Record Breaker
What are your top 5 from worlds 2019?

1. Hands down my moment of worlds was the stunning free skate of Sui/Han.
2. Mariah Bell's beautiful SP and LP, skated clean
3. Jason Brown's SP and placing 2nd in that segment
4. Boikova/Kozlovski's youthful exuberance
5. Gilles/Poirier's stunning free dance, though not the placement

removof

On the Ice
1) Kevin Aymoz SP

2) Stepanova Bukin FD

3) Brown SP

4) Kaliszek Spodiryev FD

5) Fear Gibson FD

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
- Sui & Han fs
- Rizzo sp
- Hanyu fs
- Sakamoto sp
- Medvedeva fs

GGFan

Record Breaker
This is my favorite Worlds in years across the board. Unbelievable that so many of my favorites did this well:

1. Sui/Han's FP: The moment of the event for me! It was magic!! Oh and the short was excellent too.

2. Nathan Chen: He did it!! He was in the zone. Love the jumps, the programs, and his style.

3. Papadakis/Cizeron: In a class of their own in every way. Bravo!

4. Kaori Sakamoto's SP: Her skating was a dream. Enchanting sense of flight.

5. Yuzuru Hanyu FP: The warrior element, his flow, and his connection to the audience are superb. A legend.

Honorable mentions: Kolyada's FP, Aymoz's commitment to his skating, Matteo's simplicity and style, Jason's captivating short, Satoko's tango, Boikova's star quality, James/Cipres FP, Boyang's FP. I'm sure I missed several moments.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
1) Sui and Han's free skate, and, in general, them coming in and winning. I admit, I didn't think they could do it, after the reports that she'd been injured again after 4CC.

2) Jason Brown's short program, the best men's SP of the season, in my opinion.

3) Gabby Daleman having a decent event (saving Canada's second ladies' spot) after the absolutely awful year she's had. It gladdened my heart.

4) Fear and Gibson's free dance, disco perfection for one last time.

5) Papadakis and Cizeron's rhythm dance.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. Nathan Chen FS

2. Chen vs Hanyu, back to back. It doesn’t get any better than this.

3. Rika Kihira free skate. Not perfect but still so good. Her Beautiful Storm is my Program of the Year. Rika’s gorgeous edges and smooth skating remind me of —gasp—Janet Lynn. Can you tell she is my favorite skater currently?

4. Sui/Han free skate.

5. Mariah Bell free skate. Her spiral was everything.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
2. Evgenia SP Tosca and Evgenia FP Lbertango
3. Kevin Aymoz SP WOW!
4. Elizabet FP
5. Boyang Jin FP because of his insane 4Lz!

And my platinum/diamond medal goes to Piper and Paul - Starry night program

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
1. Yuzuru Hanyu's return and FS and silver! :love:
2. Elizabet Tursynbaeva's FS and quad and silver! :love:
3. Alina and Zhenya, everything.
4. Jason Brown's SP and small medal!
5. Vincent Zhou's FS and bronze!

Honorable mention to practically the entire ladies SP. So many gorgeous clean skates. And another honorable mention to Mikhail Kolyada's FS.

SleepyShawn

Spectator
The only moment that mattered for me at these worlds was Sui and Han free skate. A performance for the ages and what a program. Best pair skating I have ever seen. For me, this FS further solidifies them as one of the greatest pair teams of ALL TIME. I feel there’s so much to say about this program, but in the end I found myself unable to say anything. It touched my soul in a way that I cannot describe.

Or maybe as TAT has said in her crying voice at the end of their skate (thanks to a twitter friend choromatsu333) - “They just won. They are rare, and there’s no one like them. I have never heard or seen anything like this before. The way they skate, they don’t let you breathe. They are the true geniuses of their craft. They feel, and create such art on ice. They feel every note of this music, every sound. And the audience cannot calm down, because this is fate. There are things to talk about, things to write about. They came through with so many tragedies in their lives...”

Or sum it up shortly as Zhurankov said after the moment their music stopped - “this is not just skating anymore. It was four minutes of LIFE.”

Till this point I’m still afraid that everything happened for them was a dream. If so I don’t want to wake up. It’s just feel so unreal, considering their injury-plagued season (and basically their whole career of course), and then they just came through and gave me that skate. They did this again, just like the comeback they did in 2017. I wasn’t expecting anything from them this time but in the end I found myself in awe.

SP was great too but that FS was beyond extraordinary. This is going to be the inspiration for me this year to achieve the things I couldn’t do before.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
1. T/M's SP - it was glorious!! After all their troubles this season. Everything was beautiful (the stats on the throw had my jaw on the floor)

2. Zhenya's FS! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time thinking "Can she do it? Can she do it?!" And she did :cheer:

3. Li'l Bet's 4S! Iconic! The rest of the program was really well skated too!

4. Ekaterina Rybova! Ever since I saw her at Euros I've thought 'This girl is boss!' And she threw it down at her first Worlds!

5. Yuzu's FS! Pure magic! As a Plushy fan I love his tribute and that 4T 3A combo was a masterpiece! Petition for it to be worth like 20 points it's so insanely hard!

Honourable mentions: Boyang's 4Lutz, I need stats on that!

Mikhail's Carmen comeback!

Andrei Lazukin aka Mr Liza, the last minute substitute who put out two excellent skates to finish 10th!

Seruleane

Final Flight
1.) Alina's SP and FS (love the reactions afterwards, she has had a tough season, so it was great to see all her hard work pay off in the end)
2.) Yuzuru's comeback in the FS
3.) Nathan Chen's amazing response to Yuzuru's FS
4.) Evgenia's FS (again like with Alina, she's had a difficult season so really wonderful to see her fight back and show she is not going anywhere)

rikaquegira

On the Ice
1. Sui/Han everything, they are the best. That's it.
2. Yuzuru everything, not clean in the SP but his skating is a gift to every fs fan, every time he skates. Thank you Yuzuru.
3. P/C's free dance cured my depression
4. Rika's FS, not clean but she showed her best and that program is just awesome
5. Kaori's FS, not clean but she showed she's a fighter and a beautiful skater

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. Jason’s SP. At least we had that moment in time. Perfection.:hap10:

2. Sui/Han FP. What pairs skating should be.:pray:

3. Yuzu/Nathan FP throwdown. I may be a Jason fan, but I’m not blind ;)

4. Disco Brits:dance3:

5. Zhenya SP and FP redemption.

Honorable mention: Kevin Aymoz SP.

And I loved that the gold medalists came from four different countries in three continents. Cool! :cool:

Last edited:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
1. P/C's rhythm dance.
2. P/C's free dance.
3. J/C's free skate.
4. Kevin Aymoz's short program.
5. Laurine Lecavelier's gutsy pull-up in the free skate.

Bonus items in no particular order:

#SBSman.
Jason Brown's SP.
Matteo Rizzo's SP.
F/G's free skate.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Bonus items in no particular order:

#SBSman.

#SBSman is a hero for our times and we should probably tweet him our thanks :biggrin:

Although I don't think SBS streamed the Gala I couldn't find it anywhere! I am sad.

LadyB

Record Breaker
It's really super tough to name only 5 best moments/events, as this was my best Worlds in years!!!:agree2:

In no particular order:
1. Zhenya M back on the podium
2. Yuzu FS
3. Russia reclaims its standing as an ice dance nation and secures 3 spots for next year :yes2:
4. Sui/Han both SP and FS
5. Vladimir Morozov's dance moves at Gala :dance3:

Honourable mention for teenage Boikova/Kozlovskii, Elizabet Tursynbaeva, Kevin Aymoz and Russian boys fighting back. :clap:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
1. Evgenia Medvedeva's FS - that was a really special moment
2. Matteo Rizzo SP / final placement - he's improved so much and I love it
3. Jason Brown SP
4. Sui/Han FS
5. Nathan Chen & Yuzuru Hanyu FS

Honourable mentions: Mikhail Kolyada FS, Gabby Daleman SP, Bradie Tennell FS, Peng Jin SP

I'm not caught up on ice dance yet.