Top 5 from worlds | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Top 5 from worlds

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There were so many great performances here but these stand out to me

1) Sui/Han's FS - despite her injuries, they managed to create art and hit all the technical highnotes
2) Jason's SP - about as perfect as it gets
3) Evgenia's FS - she's never been as fierce as that and loved the 3S/3L
4) Tarasova/Morozov SP - I'm not a fan of theirs but that was the best I've ever seen them
5) Chock/Bates RD - they were having so much fun doing "Mr and Mrs Smith" I couldn't help but smile

Honorable mentions go to Nathan Chen for two perfect skates and breaking all kinds of records while going to Yale (and Raf's joy in the KnC), Rika's 3A/3T, Elizabet's 4S, Yuzu's 4T/3A, P/C for breaking more ID records and Gabby Daleman for her personal victory as well as Alina's Gold medal skates despite being under immense pressure.

rachno2

Record Breaker
1. S/H FS
2. Kaori Sakamoto SP
3. Mikhail and Boyang’s free skates :’)
4. Satoko Miyahara FS
5. Yuzuru Hanyu FS

Honorable mentions: P/J FS, Jason Brown SP, Nathan Chen SP, G/F RD (robbed!), Kevin Aymoz SP, Kaori Sakamoto FS (even with the fatal mistake)

Walt FSHunter

Final Flight
Country
Ukraine
1. Sui/Han FS
2. Nathan Chen FS
3. Yuzuru Hanyu FS
4. Papadakis/Cizeron FD
5. E. Tursynbaeva FS (for the first ever cleanly landed quad in senior ladies competition)

SNAKSuyun

did it spark joy?
On the Ice
Country
China
1. Sui/Han FS
I just tag ranted all over two gifs of them on tumblr, but to copy:
>This is what personal triumph looks like: when all the cards are stacked against you, when your body wouldn't let you pursue your dreams and what you love, when the judges are putting you down in levels and overscoring others, when you have to be more than perfect to have a chance, when there seems to be no rational chance at all, go and smash it, bring the house down with how much you care, how much you love, how much this all means to you, **** this is inspiring, I love them, I love all of this.
>Sui/han: the pair that I always want to gif in slow motion all day every day, each and every second, because it holds up; their fingertips and strands of hair bleed emotion and love; they don't have to do this, yet they do - those ice dance elements, that emotional investment, going on at all, just look at the concentration and the joy in the first two gifs, and her radiance in the last gif, and I'm so glad that they also have each other, even if they are not in love, this is the kind of partnership I want to cherish and love in my grave.

2. Yuzuru Hanyu FS
The steps with the accelerating music, the save on the 4S, the look in the eyes, the ability to light up the ice like that after the injuries and the pop in the SP.

3. Papadakis/Cizeron FD
That first lift is everything I've ever wanted in resonance and home.

4. Tarasova/Morozov SP
The sharpness; the amplitude on the throw and the twist; the classical quality of the music; the elegance in the lines and the costumes. As great technically of a program as any we're likely to see for a few years.

5. Nathan Chen FS
A personal triumph in another way; an assertion of the self in a grand scope, a strength that doesn't flare and scintillate but rather stretches on and looks forward. Patience, freedom, an eagle flying between the canyons that soars without needing others to praise its wings.

voolfee

On the Ice
1. Alina Zagitova SP & FS :love:
2. Sui/Han FS
3. Mikhail Kolyada FS
4. Nathan Chen FS
5. Tarasova/Morozov SP

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Sui/Han FP ( the best performance of the event )
Rizzo SP
Brown SP
Sakamoto SP
Hanyu FS

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am not sure about it, it could depend on our personal favourites;), one is often too far gone to admit that scoring/judging of the performance of their fave was off, especially in a positive way. My main issue is as usual lately: creating too large point gaps (especially by excessive use of GOE) and gluing TES with PCS, this one especially in singles as I lost faith completely thst ID will ever separate PCS from reputation/politics.

THAT I agree with. :thumbsup:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
1. Sui & Han
2. Nathan
3. Elizabet
4. Stepanova & Bukin
5. Vincent coming back after a tough season to win a world medal.

Both programs for everybody!

lady_bee

Medalist
Finally、I got a time for list for my best 5!
I’ve been so busy after I took 4days off from my work at the end of the financial and educational year, when my two boys were graduating highschool/elementary school and entering university/junior high; however because of I had a time for cooling off my head, it's became easier to pick up only 5.

1 Sui/Han's FP, no word for that.
2 P/C's FD
3 Kaori's SP, sad about her FP. I think the official link is too small for her.
4 Matteo's SP & Jason's SP
5 Nathan Chen & Yuzuru Hanyu FS, why not?

I also wanted to mention Gabby D's SP, Lilebet's Quad, Kolyada's FP, and more & more・・・

And, please let me boast of my personal experiences at the World;
1) Thanks to MGstyle & tinlizzie, I've been able to share the honor of holding their beautiful banner for Piper & Paul during their fantastic FD.
2) I got autographs of Philippe Candeloro & Morgan Ciprès:love:.
3) I had a chance to talk to Ted Barton. I hope he could understand what I told him with my broken English, which I believe he is the best commentator for Figure Skating:biggrin:.
4) I took a picture with one of my favorite European ladies, Ivet Toth. She was so sweet to this Japanese auntie;).
5) The lady who had been sitting next to me during whole event also loves Ice dance & Pair not only singles, which is rare in Japan:(, so I had a really great time with her:yahoo:.