What are you listening to right now?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
With the Nebelhorn being on, I didn't get the chance to post in here that the founding guitarist with The Four Seasons, Tommy DeVito, died from COVID-19 on Monday at the age of 92.

Tommy started the band with his brother Nick (bass) and Henry Majewski (rhythm guitar). Frankie Valli joined later, in 1954. After using a few different names, the band came to prominence as The Four Lovers.

Of course, Frankie's voice is what the band is best known for. So, as my tribute to Tommy, I have picked an instrumental that they recorded:

The Four Lovers - "Night Train"

It would be remiss of me not to include a song from after they changed their name to "The Four Seasons". But, rather than posting one of their famous songs that we all know and love, I am instead going to post a lesser known song - the "B"-side of their debut single (I don't really like the "A"-side, "Bermuda"!):

The Four Seasons - "Spanish Lace"

My thoughts are with his family, friends, and fans.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A few days ago, I watched an episode of "The Chase", and I suddenly felt really old.

I can't remember the exact wording, but one of the questions was basically this:

Which of these songs contains the lyrics "I'm Ant (I'm Declan), a duo, a twosome. So many lyrics, we're frightened to use 'em!"

1. "Let's Get It On"
  2. "Let's Get Ready To Rhumble"
  3. "Let's Get It Started"

Now, I admit that I didn't recognise the lyrics. Nevertheless, I thought "That's easy. It's (b.) For goodness sake, Ant and Dec introduce themselves!"

But, the guy playing didn't know! He went for "Let's Get It Started". 😲 And then it hit me – he's 19. He's too young to remember when Ant and Dec were "PJ" and "Duncan"! :drama:

That song has been stuck in my head ever since! So, for those of you that are too young to remember 1994, here you go:

PJ & Duncan - "Let's Get Ready To Rhumble"

But, it wasn’t until there now that the big whopper hit me – he would only have been 3 when "Let's Get It Started" by the Black Eyed Peas was released in 2004! :eek:

People shouldn’t be allowed to be that young!!!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What horrible news to wake up to!!!

And he was only 65! But, I suppose cancer can get anybody, no matter their age.

Although Eddie plays what is probably the most recognisable keyboard sequence in rock music on the band's biggest hit, "Jump", I didn't realise that he was actually a classically trained pianist. Like I am sure a lot of people do, I think of him primarily as a guitarist.

So, here is a short clip I found of him messing about on a grand piano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vIbG9wGx1c

And here he is playing an accoustic version of one of the band's 90's songs:

Eddie van Halen - "Right Now"

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And more bad news. Reggae singer Johnny Nash also died yesterday, at the age of 80.

Here he is singing his most successful song, which he also wrote:

Johnny Nash - "I Can See Clearly Now"

Or, as my Dad jokingly calls it, "I Can See Deirdre Now Lorraine Has Gone". :slink: (And, as I just discovered when I did a search for this lyric, he is not the only one! :rolleye: )

And here he is singing another hit that he wrote:

Johnny Nash - "There Are More Questions Than Answers"

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Loved that! :rock: Thank you so much for sharing it. :thank:

So, we've had "Wuthering Heights" and "Lord Of The Rings" adapted into rock metal songs. I wonder what other books out there have been given the metal treatment... 🤔

CaroLiza_fan
A Song of Ice and Fire, also by Blind Guardian

King Arthur legends

Blind Guardian again made a whole concept album about Tolkien's Silmarillion, NIghtfall in Middle Earth; Iron Maiden turned many novels and poems into songs ( Phantom of the Opera, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, The Lord of Flies etc.)