What are you listening to right now? | Page 121 | Golden Skate

What are you listening to right now?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
This morning, I switched on the TV, and a scruffy looking guy and a really hot girl were being interviewed on the BBC Breakfast news about a film they were in. I was just about to turn over, when the girl started talking, and she had a very broad Irish accent. Obviously, I was curious to know who she was, and so stayed on BBC1 for the rest of the interview. But, although they put a name graphic up for the guy (James Purefoy), they didn't for her. Fortunately, at the end of the interview, the presenter told us who they were when saying goodbye.

Turns out it was Imelda May! 😲

She looks so different without her quiff! I would never have recognised her! :drama:

So, here is the song of her's that I probably know best:

Imedla May - "Kentish Town Waltz"

And here are a couple of songs from the film they were talking about:

The Fisherman's Friends featuring Imelda May - "Cornwall My Home"

The Fisherman's Friends featuring Imelda May - "Hi Ho Silver Lining"

Then, about half an hour later, I flicked back onto BBC1, and this time my first singing crush, Sonia Evans, was on. And I swear, she has barely aged at all in the past 30 years! :love: :love: :love:

She was on talking about Eurovision, because she is a former UK entry (1993 Runner-Up) and her home city (Liverpool) was one of the places waiting to find out if it had made the short list for hosting the 2023 contest (it did).

And by sheer coincidence, she was also a pointless answer for one of the questions in the final round of tonight's episode of "Pointless"! They were looking for acts which had a UK Top 40 single with either "stop", "look" or "listen" in the title, and Sonia was a pointless answer for the word "listen".

So, here is the song that earned her that honour:

Sonia - "Listen To Your Heart"

Suffice to say, I had picked Sonia as my answer. :biggrin:

@elektra blue - this post should be right up your street. Imelda AND a redhead!

CaroLiza_fan
when you think some things can't improve... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Junior Ice Dance couple from Germany used this music for the flamenco part (I think) of their RD..
Bit different .. soft gentle, very nice

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Posting the original song in honor of Denis V. Though the skate could have been better

the song is hugely nostalgic for me … whenever I hear it I am reminded of my neighbor and very dear friend in NH years ago who was 90+ at the time.. a retired English professor, he lived this song.. it was a track on a CD I owned and wore out

Written by Sting in the 1980’s for his friend and fellow Englishman Quentin Crisp..

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
After watching the Baltic Cup Free Dance this afternoon, I have had the following song stuck in my head since seeing Angelina Kudriavtseva and Ilia karankevich's programme:

Toni Basil - "Mickey"

Not that I am complaining. I love that song!

OK, so they weren't actually skating to "Mickey". Instead, they were skating to the Run-DMC song that was based on it, "It's Tricky". But, I don't like it, so I went with the version I do like.

Of course, I could have gone with the original:

Racey - "Kitty"

But, although I do like other songs by Racey, for this song I prefer Toni Basil's cover.

CaroLiza_fan

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
It's never too early! I bought a couple of items for Christmas, and turned to my favourite arrangement of a beautiful Christmas Hymn to relax, enjoy again, and bring calm. Musical & Vocal Perfection! 🥰

🎄🇨🇽🎅🎁

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The following song has been in my head all day:

Sam Cooke - "Chain Gang"

And there were many reasons why it was there.

When I got up this morning, I watched an episode of "Quantum Leap". And in it, Sam had lept into somebody who was in a chain gang.

Then after breakfast, I watched an episode of "Knight Rider". And it started with the bad guy escaping from a chain gang.

Then at tea time, I watched an episode of "The Chase". And one of the questions was:

What sort of gang was the title of a Top 10 hit for Sam Cooke?

1. Biker gang
  2. School gang
  3. Chain gang

This was all too much to be just a coincidence!

Given that fate was clearly trying to tell me to listen to the song, I decided to do it there now!

CaroLiza_fan

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Sixteen Tons – an amazing cover by Geoff Castellucci

(it is possible to switch on the subs)

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I'm listening the whole OST but this is one of my favorites.

2nd favorite

Last edited:

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
RIP Christine Mcvie🥲

Last edited: