What Music Do YOU Want Skaters to Skate to? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What Music Do YOU Want Skaters to Skate to?

twinsissv

Rinkside
The Bacardi mojito theme music!!! Rocks!!! :rock:

Skaters, audience, broadcast crew....EVERYBODY, rock!!!

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i just thought that somebody has to use "the lonely shepherd". It is beautiful music and i think that it really could be an amazing program for the right skater.

For the boys, an old War Horse: The Poet and the Peasant Overture. I think only Stephane could handle the tempo of that piece.

Joe

oleada

Record Breaker
mirai_asada, Drobiazko and Vanagas did a really cool exhibition to Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm normally not a huge fan of them, but it was awesome.

I want someone to use Clair de Lune. Maybe Mao? Though it's similar to Nocturne in the sense that it's light piano music.

discoduck

On the Ice
I want someone to use Clair de Lune. Maybe Mao? Though it's similar to Nocturne in the sense that it's light piano music.

Clair de Lune is gorgeous! I loved Shen and Zhao's short program to this music from the 04-05 season.

carolinefan177

On the Ice
Pink Panther: I loved Fumie's rendition
Olga: I really LOVE this piece
Pan's Labyrinth: Really pretty!
2046: very powerful

dutchherder

Final Flight
Any instrumental pieces by Andrew Bird would be great. Like that'll happen. Oh, well, I can dream, can't I? :rolleye:

oleada

Record Breaker
Clair de Lune is gorgeous! I loved Shen and Zhao's short program to this music from the 04-05 season.

I might need to rewatch that now. :)

I want DomShabs to skate to something more along the lines of their "Waltz of the Spirits" FD rather than the one they had this season. I thought Waltz of the Spirits really suited their smooth style and showcased their good skating skill, beautiful line and overall body movement really well.

cygnus

Rinkside
I don't have a specific skater or team in mind, but the music from both "O" and "Ka" (Cirque de Soleil) is lovely, and I haven't heard it before in skating. There's lots of range and selection there- someone should look into it!

Amd Emily Hughes should skate to something strong and punchy. It would suit her better than Carmen (When she looked more like Carmen's little sister- you know the "good" one!)

all that

Final Flight
Every other dance team used that music in the Latin OD last season. Maybe in a few years time- it needs a rest! ;)

Oops! I just started watching ice dance this season, so didn't know. If that's the case, then definitely, let the music rest. I'd love to see someone dance to "The Chairman's Waltz" (Memoirs of a Geisha) -- but has this music also been overused already?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think that Johnny wier should skate to Phillip Glass' metamorphsis. it would be a great return to his old style.

I'd like all the dancers to drop the opera music which is usually accompanied with scraping the paint off the walls. Oh those overexagerated Pabst 1920 movies. :scowl:

Joe