What The Fabric Costume Award | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What The Fabric Costume Award

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not sure of the category but possibly the Category 4 Creativity Award. I would like to nominate Sara Hurtado's Picasso program dress. I love the dress, it is one of my all time favorite costumes.
View attachment 7961View attachment 7962
Later on we will likely have a look back at past years to nominate older costumes for the Hall of Fame (we have not created that yet as it involves decades of costumes and will be a major undertaking).

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
most camp award, Catteo furry outfit including a side cat tail on his hip...

Lucrezia's hair is also pretty decent when it comes to kitsch catlike hairdo.

accepted and added to camp
The link in nominations works in other countries.

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For category 5, lifetime achievement award, I would nominate KoKo, especially Misato.
What specific costume from this year do you want to nominate them for?

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We discussed Piper and Olivia's pants and jumpsuit. and to quote us:
  • "I don't think it is striking enough, same for Olivia Smart x2."
  • "No same. it's ice dance, a bit of extravagance is expected"
If one article of clothing was the criteria then we would have to include Tim Dieck's jacket - which we didn't. - even though it is awesome Tim!
tim dieck pink jacket 2024.jpg

Last edited:

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
We discussed Piper and Olivia's pants and jumpsuit. and to quote us:
  • "I don't think it is striking enough, same for Olivia Smart x2."
  • "No same. it's ice dance, a bit of extravagance is expected"
Oh, I knew. I saw Charlene & Marco in the nominee list and realized that, sad as it is, there could be only one winner in the Outrageous Eighties race. I think Piper and Olivia will also agree that C & M deservedly took the spot as a team effort compared to which... other competitors... looked just like a bit of expected extravaganza... (I'm sorry, I need a break to cry).

Anyway, Piper, Paul. You will always be my winners. Cheers. Kisses. No one is as striking as you are for me!
Olivia, Tim. Stay outrageous! Love you! šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyway, Piper, Paul You will always be my winners. Cheers. Kisses. No one is as striking as you are for me!
I still have high hopes for these two. Piper & Paul (I'm still standing...) have a great body of work and Olivia (Grease) & Tim (Joker) are just getting started. If we hold a legacy contest at some point in the future - then both will be nominees easily.

Last edited:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Oh, I knew. I saw Charlene & Marco in the nominee list and realized that, sad as it is, there could be only one winner in the Outrageous Eighties race. I think Piper and Olivia will also agree that C & M deservedly took the spot as a team effort compared to which... other competitors... looked just like a bit of expected extravaganza... (I'm sorry, I need a break to cry).

Anyway, Piper, Paul. You will always be my winners. Cheers. Kisses. No one is as striking as you are for me!
don't worry this is just the first edition of this game, we're planning to do it every year, there will be other winners. in the meantime not everything is lost, submit your entries and then sit with a nice glass of sparkling wine and wait for the result:biggrin:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not from this year, but Nathan Chen's Rocketman shirts are certainly...something! They honestly work so well for the program, but I feel like they are definitely WTF-worthy!
Hold that thought for when we look back to previous years.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Not sure in which category we could put this but Donovan Carillo has the most blinding costumes... I could see so much sparkles from my seat at Worlds.. it was crazy... If he wore this on the street, there would be car crashes.
SO MUCH BLING... He wears his costumes well and they are beautifully made. Fashion award ?

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not sure in which category we could put this but Donovan Carillo has the most blinding costumes... I could see so much sparkles from my seat at Worlds.. it was crazy... If he wore this on the street, there would be car crashes.
SO MUCH BLING... He wears his costumes well and they are beautifully made. Fashion award ?

I agree, Donovan's costumes were incredibly blingy. So blingy, they likely merit the creation of a "Blingiest Costume" award. However, I would like to add another nominee to this blingy category: Maurizio Zandron's short program costume. I couldn't stop thinking about how beautifully blingy it was when he was skating! That thing could shine even in the depths of a black hole! šŸ˜

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
For hair, I'm going to nominate Loicia Demougeot for her free dance hairstyle. She posted how she does it on Instagram (part one/part two)

Also for camp, Anastasia Metelkina/Luka Berulava short program.
noted!

sorry, we're not looking for standard beauty here, you should know :ROFLMAO:
I agree, Donovan's costumes were incredibly blingy. So blingy, they likely merit the creation of a "Blingiest Costume" award. However, I would like to add another nominee to this blingy category: Maurizio Zandron's short program costume. I couldn't stop thinking about how beautifully blingy it was when he was skating! That thing could shine even in the depths of a black hole! šŸ˜

i'm not sure Eco-Maurizio has the WTF factor with this costume (i love it btw, it's one of my favourite for this season), but i'll wait for my partner opinion :biggrin:

icewhite

Record Breaker
Naah, those are way too tasteful and there are words to describe them.
I think the wtf awards should go to costumes where you are just left speechless and all there is left to say is wtf.

I was thinking about nominating Zich's short program costume or Savitsky's polka dots, but there are already better nominees in the initial post.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Isabeau gets two noms, I see. Lovely girl, but her costumes are like the little girl with the little curl, when they are good they are very very good... when they are bad she is decked in mud snakes :palmf:

ps - Johnny should get the Hall of Fame both for competitive and show cozzies. Fact.