When do GP assignments come out? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

When do GP assignments come out?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Anything GOEs made a guide to the assignments here. It covers who's guaranteed spots.

Turkkila/Versluis are guaranteed two for their Worlds finish. Orihara/Pirinen will be top 24 in standings when they're recalculated before GP assignments and will be guaranteed at least one non-host spot.
I don't like their podcasts but this was extremely well done :)

Seeing this... what will Skate Canada do ;) Should it tempt faith and save home spot for skaters who have very little chance or no chance at all to get a spot or should it play safe to get 2 spots to some who are only guaranteed 1.

Ziotic

Medalist
I don't like their podcasts but this was extremely well done :)

Seeing this... what will Skate Canada do ;) Should it tempt faith and save home spot for skaters who have very little chance or no chance at all to get a spot or should it play safe to get 2 spots to some who are only guaranteed 1.
They can also just leave the spot as TBD and tell Maddie/ Roman/ Wesley we hope you get another spot before, if not the spot is yours.

The three of them have reasonably strong chances based on their place in the replacement list

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
They can also just leave the spot as TBD and tell Maddie/ Roman/ Wesley we hope you get another spot before, if not the spot is yours.

The three of them have reasonably strong chances based on their place in the replacement list
If only they were that strategic :)

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'm team TBD since I'd like Fee-Ann to get a chance, along with Matthew Newnham. Use the spots for the skaters who aren't on the SB75 since they get a chance to get one.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm team TBD since I'd like Fee-Ann to get a chance, along with Matthew Newnham. Use the spots for the skaters who aren't on the SB75 since they get a chance to get one.
or send Fée Ann to challengers until she wins one and gets on the replacement list... OKAY... I need to calm down ;)

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

That would work better if Skate Canada was not one of the earlier events. The SC TBDs have to be assigned before many of the substitutions/replacements happen.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
That would work better if Skate Canada was not one of the earlier events. The SC TBDs have to be assigned before many of the substitutions/replacements happen.
Also a question of marketing I suppose. But I'd like for skate Canada to wait as long as possible before making the announcement

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Also a question of marketing I suppose. But I'd like for skate Canada to wait as long as possible before making the announcement
In their Instagram post announcing Halifax as the location, they used Piper/Paul, Deanna/Max, Kaiya and Wesley for it. Even though Mike Slipchuk admitted in his interview that he didn't know if Piper/Paul would be competing. Waiting for assignments isn't stopping them from marketing.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
In their Instagram post announcing Halifax as the location, they used Piper/Paul, Deanna/Max, Kaiya and Wesley for it. Even though Mike Slipchuk admitted in his interview that he didn't know if Piper/Paul would be competing. Waiting for assignments isn't stopping them from marketing.
they went with tradition : national champs, which is fair

Ziotic

Medalist
I agree, but between official announcements and SA there are often a lot of changes to assignments.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
No, per the anything GOE's article.

An excellent article. Gives all the rules, plus application for this season.
Agreed - it is an excellent article. It does need updating, though, as the Grand Prix Final is now being held in Grenoble.