Who has the best chemistry in Ice Dance? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who has the best chemistry in Ice Dance?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... The chemistry and connection that Tessa and Scott have had always been my favourite thing about them (the incredible skating and elements is a plus too).

... Overall, I'd say that Tessa and Scott chemistry is my favourite, because it reaches far beyond particular program, move or gesture they do - it is that mature understanding of each other, carrying manner about them, the way they present each other, the specific intimate 'aura' they create while stepping on ice. They are exceptional performers and adding that flow in their relationship, sass and interaction it makes always a pleasure to watch them, it makes it exciting, entertaining and authentic - regardless of program, make-up, costume they really connect with each other deeper I feel.

:agree: Well said. The deep connection :ghug: btwn Tessa and Scott is what made me sit up and pay attention to ice dance. They totally converted me into a fan of the discipline as a whole and a fan of theirs in particular.

... some were totally uninspired and done due to lack of better ideas (Seasons, Funny face, The waltz goes on). ...

:laugh: All in the eye of the beholder.

Funny Face and The Waltz Goes On are two of my favorite V/M programs, along with Mahler, Umbrellas, ...

Funny Face esp. was a joy to watch. And it is a great example of their supportive partnership: Tessa loves Audrey, and Scott embraced Tessa's long-time dream of skating to FF. Not to mention that they won Worlds with it :yes:.

Last edited:

Aqua Lady

On the Ice
The deep connection :ghug: btwn Tessa and Scott are what made me sit up and pay attention to ice dance. They totally converted me into a fan of the discipline as a whole and a fan of theirs in particular.

Same here! I first got into ice dance because of Tessa and Scott. Their chemistry really did capture my attention...❤️ From there, my love for ice dance grew and here we are! 😊

olayolay

On the Ice
The Shibs. Being a brother and sister team, they genuinely love each other and do not have to play-act.

Alex always seems like he's saying, "This is my sister! Just look at her!!!"

It's funny, because I only ever got a sense of their connection during last year's FD. This year, it seems very cold to me. They barely even look at each other.

sarama

Medalist
:laugh: All in the eye of the beholder.

Funny Face and The Waltz Goes On are two of my favorite V/M programs, along with Mahler, Umbrellas, ...

Funny Face esp. was a joy to watch. And it is a great example of their supportive partnership: Tessa loves Audrey, and Scott embraced Tessa's long-time dream of skating to FF. Not to mention that they won Worlds with it :yes:.

Well this is a very subjective topic ;).
Anyway don't get me wrong, I love Tessa and Scott, it's just that every once in a while I felt they (or their coaches) have just relied more on their chemistry than having good material. For example I enjoyed their 2012-2013 SD, but I wished they had tried a little bit harder to make it work with the Polka, and for Seasons it was obvious that since Carmen was never appreciated by the judges, they (and Marina) thought a Mahler 2.0 was a safe and easy bet for the Olympic year. I simply think that they have so much chemistry that it would shine through anyway, and building entire programs around that chemistry sometimes has not made me appreciate how good they are as ICE DANCERS.

Of course everyone else is entitled to think differently and maybe make me change my mind:biggrin:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
:agree: Well said. The deep connection :ghug: btwn Tessa and Scott is what made me sit up and pay attention to ice dance. They totally converted me into a fan of the discipline as a whole and a fan of theirs in particular.

Same here! I first got into ice dance because of Tessa and Scott. Their chemistry really did capture my attention...❤️ From there, my love for ice dance grew and here we are! 😊

Same for me. Watching them in Vancouver was what made me a fan of ice dance.

Aqua Lady

On the Ice
I see a nice chemistry developing between Stepanova and Bukin... It's not fully there yet, but it's on the making. I feel like if they do more romantic programs, it will eventually come out. From the Juniors, I think Carreira and Ponomarenko are building great chemistry. You could see it in their FD this season. They definitely have potential.

Manitou

Medalist
The Shibs. Being a brother and sister team, they genuinely love each other and do not have to play-act.

What works for you, for me it's uncomfortable. I am not a fan of sibling teams. It's subjective, I know, but this entire thread is subjective. It bothers me to watch siblings skating together. Can't help.

Speaking of the Shibs, I think the perfect team for me would Maia/Guillaume. I know it's impossible, but I can dream....

Last edited:

Josie

Rinkside

Alex always seems like he's saying, "This is my sister! Just look at her!!!"
Yes, this is what I think, too. People shouldn't underestimate a siblings' couple's connection once they are that successful. There were great Brother-Sister-teams in the history of skating. If there wasn't this natural, trustful link, they wouldn't have done such a demanding sport together for such a long time (say, nearly a lifetime). Siblings don't need to get "hooked up", because they already are. In most cases, the natural partner is obviously the best match for either partner. Maia and Alex are perfect together.

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
What works for you, for me it's uncomfortable. I am not a fan of sibling teams. It's subjective, I know, but this entire thread is subjective. It bothers me to watch siblings skating together. Can't help.

Speaking of the Shibs, I think the perfect team for me would Maia/Guillaume. I know it's impossible, but I can dream....

Mine would be Madison Chock/Guillaume. the level of fabulousness in that team... It's also quite telling of her current predicament that Chock/Bates haven't been mentioned in this thread yet, and rightfully so.

I have to go with P/C, because as someone said they move as one on the ice. Weaver/Poje are hot like fire though.

Manitou

Medalist
... It's also quite telling of her current predicament that Chock/Bates haven't been mentioned in this thread yet, and rightfully so.

It's perfectly fine to do the first mention... :)
Same as I did the first mention of Hawayek/Baker... :)

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
It's perfectly fine to do the first mention... :)
Same as I did the first mention of Hawayek/Baker... :)

Oh of course it is, I wouldn't blame anyone for liking them, I simply think many agree with me in thinking they are quite mismatched. I have never watched Hawayek/Baker, so I can't be the judge of that ^^

Aqua Lady

On the Ice
Mine would be Madison Chock/Guillaume. the level of fabulousness in that team... It's also quite telling of her current predicament that Chock/Bates haven't been mentioned in this thread yet, and rightfully so.

I don't know how accurate this is but TSL speculated about Chock/Bates recent romantic escapades, suggesting that maybe their recent posts are for the improvement of their chemistry. TSL also noted the fact that C/B mentioned something about working on "romantic, tender points" in their latest teleconference... Paraphrasing here but basically that's what they were talking about. I don't wanna cause drama cause I know a lot have started to ship these two, but just pointing out some possible scenarios. If they are really dating, as people are speculating, then good for them! More skating love in the air!

Last edited:

Manitou

Medalist
I don't know how accurate this is but TSL speculated about Chock/Bates recent romantic escapades, saying that maybe their recent posts are for their chemistry... Paraphrasing here but basically that's what they were talking about. I don't wanna cause drama cause I know a lot have started to ship these two, but just pointing out some possible scenarios. If they are really dating, as people are speculating, then good for them! More skating love in the air!

I don't quite understand Evan. If I spent so much time on and off ice with Madison as he did I would be helplessly and madly in love, beyond any recovery.

noskates

Record Breaker
I think Davis and White. Those two grew up together and are like brother and sister but the connection between them on the ice is as strong as any lovers. So often the connection between ice dancers is forced or rehearsed but Charlie's passion for skating and Meryl's fearlessness and trust is just wonderful.

mrrice

Record Breaker
You know who had really good Chemistry. Tanith and Ben.....I seriously thought they were in love with each other when they were skating.

Last edited:

bwayrose7

On the Ice
I'd have to separate it into two kinds of chemistry: the quasi-romantic kind, and the best-friends kind.

In the former category, I would say Weaver/Poje and Hubbell/Donohue. W/P seem so comfortable together and adoring, and, despite the kinda sappy programs, I find H/D to have an electric connection on the ice, something a little complicated but very intense. I go back and forth on how I feel about Virtue/Moir; sometimes, I think they've got the best chemistry in the sport, while other times, I feel like they know they've got this reputation for chemistry and are working almost too hard to keep up that image rather than let the natural chemistry shine through.

In the latter category, I love the playful ease between Hawayek/Baker. This might be a less popular opinion, but I find the connection between Bobrova and Soloviev to be quite lovely and warm; you can tell they have had a long partnership and the trust that comes with it.

olayolay

On the Ice
I think Davis and White. Those two grew up together and are like brother and sister but the connection between them on the ice is as strong as any lovers. So often the connection between ice dancers is forced or rehearsed but Charlie's passion for skating and Meryl's fearlessness and trust is just wonderful.

:scratch3:

Aqua Lady

On the Ice
I'd have to separate it into two kinds of chemistry: the quasi-romantic kind, and the best-friends kind.

In the former category, I would say Weaver/Poje and Hubbell/Donohue. W/P seem so comfortable together and adoring, and, despite the kinda sappy programs, I find H/D to have an electric connection on the ice, something a little complicated but very intense. I go back and forth on how I feel about Virtue/Moir; sometimes, I think they've got the best chemistry in the sport... In the latter category, I find the connection between Bobrova and Soloviev to be quite lovely and warm; you can tell they have had a long partnership and the trust that comes with it.

I agree! I love the chemistry of W/P. There is genuine adoration between them. Don't even get me started on H/D... I melt everytime I watch their FD this season. V/M probably have the strongest chemistry in the sport and they are very well-known for it... And yes, I do like the best friend type of connection B/S have. They seem to have a very warm relationship.

humbaba

Final Flight
Linus Pauling and Marie Curie have the best chemistry. Walter White and Jesse Pinkman are a distant second.