Who is your favourite skater under Eteri? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who is your favourite skater under Eteri?

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Anna Shcherbakova and Alena Kostornaia, because they don't skate like an Eteri skater and have real musicality and an understanding of movement.

Agreed. But I'd mention also Anastasia Tarakanova. Just look at this video. She definitely has musicality, she is also plastic, and her skating skills are very nice. But I don't know why her choreographers gave her such programs, with strange arm movements. Such talent is just lost in those programs.

Kara

Final Flight
I would have never imagined it when I first saw her, but my fave has become Tarakanova.:biggrin: She feels so different from any other skater I've watched and is so fast blasting through the transitions. Her FS is just soooo good and I'm still salty I won't be able to see it live because I cannot imagine how powerful and overwhelming she would be in person instead of through a screen.:bow: Next I would say Polina T, and Trusova, though I like pretty much all of them. Eteri is honestly the GOAT for ladies figure skating coaches. There are a couple of skaters I would love for her to work her magic on..:laugh:

andromache

Record Breaker
Polina T., hands down. No contest. I like Evgenia a lot, too, but I'll never be an uber.

I can't pick a favorite junior just yet. I do kind of root for Daria Panenkova above all the others, because she seems to be the underdog or black sheep of the group. But I want to wait until they grow and develop as skaters before forming a real opinion.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
All of them, honestly...
Zhenya for her jumps and artistry
Alina for her technical content and balletic artistry (so well developed!)
Polina for her originality and beautiful jumps
Trusova ... well what's not to like with Sasha?
Nastya for her fire and passion ans commitment to her programs
Anya because her skating is literally breathtakingly beautiful and the technical side is there too
Daria because of her original PCS and interesting interpretation, plus those rippons!
Alena because of the sophistication in her programs and her confidence in all of her movements

acronycal0730

Rinkside
Senior: Evgenia

Junior: such a difficult question.

I think Kostornaya is the most all-around one with good jumps /carriage/artistry&skating skill, But I also like wild and powerful Tarakanova, she is a very memorable skater. Also, while people criticize her posture, I have to defend her. She actually can be graceful and controlled (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0YzLQ_VltM&t=1s) But she rushes through her programs this season.

Shcherbakova didn't participate in JGP this season, I wanna see her for sure.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Always and forever the girl in the red coat Julia ho retired already,,, ah Russia you have all the ladies now except for Japan!

champs

Final Flight
Hard to say who’s my favorite overall but I know my least favorite is Tarakanova by a big margin. Almost a torture for me to go through any of her JGP performances. Technically I like Tsurskaya and Kostornaya, musically I like Trusova the most, though I don’t enjoy either of Kostornaya’s or Trusova’s choreographies.
(These are just who I like/not like, not the same as who I think are the best, in those aspects or all around.)

Haven’t watched enough of Shcherbakova to form my like/not like feeling yet. Looking forward to her 4T attempt in competitions.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Seniors: Polina Tsurskaya
Juniors: Kostornaya and Trusova

Eloise

Rinkside
Definitely Polina T. That girl stole my heart!

I have never been able to resonate much with neither Evgenia nor Alina. I absolutely appreciate theirs skills and artistry, but somehow they never managed to speak to me. But, since I saw Polina, I immediately fell in love with her: gorgeous lines, airy jumps, good speed across the ice. For me she has it all. Even the miming, that sometimes annoy me when performed by Evgenia, seems somehow more polished and more beautiful when I see Polina doing it. It's just an opinion and it does not want to be an offensive post against Evgenia obviously! She is also a tremendous skater, but less my cup of tea probably.

Among the juniors, Anna Shcherbakova also enthralled me. I can't believe that someone so young can already skate with the level of refinement and maturity. Sure, she copies a bit some of Evgenia’s moves and style, but I hope she will develop her own personal style over time.

Overall, there are too many impressive students among Eteri's pupils!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Lipnitskaya.

I know Mistress Tut has a bunch of juniors, but I don't hate my life enough to watch them all. I find it such a waste to get invested in any juniors but especially if they're trained by Eteri who has an atrocious record when it comes to breaking skaters before their bodies fully develop.