Women and the Quad | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Women and the Quad

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I don't like this talk about the mythical quad. When I see the video, I will believe.
Again you do know that filming is not allowed in this show? At least fro fans? We could be lucky and the official filming crew got her 2 tries on camera but We do not know at this point. The fact is that we all knew she was training for it we just did not know she had apparently learned it for longer than we thought. Again stop trying to make her seem like she could not jump a quad. Because we k ow that she always had that potential . We also k ow she had been beginning to learn it when she was still with eteri, but then the injury happened. So why is it so hard for you to believe that she al ost has a quad? Is it because then she could become dangerous for others again? Is it that what you do not like? Just tell me if she had stayed with eteri and would now had maded those attempts too would you still be so against it? Would you still not believe it? Would you still say the same about her as you do now? Or would you be happy about it and believe it? And it was not only once but twice, that she jumped it once could be excused as something else but not when she jumped it twice or tried as the second true was apparently landed on 2 feet and then after thatnlanding she fell.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
She has? Don't worry, I just laugh from all this circus. :rofl:
And yet i bet if she would still be with her oldtrainer you would be the opposite cause we all know that you used to like zhenya and defen her here in the forums when she still was training under her old trainer . So yes i say that you do not want zhenya to get a quad and get dangerous enough to stay in the top ladies . Or even stay long enough to mabye get a shot at the Olympics again,

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Actually, it's a bit pointless arguing whether Evgenia's quad tries happened or not: to quote Isaac Asimov, all the millions of people who believed the earth was flat didn't succeed in unrounding it by one inch.

So drawing a line under it and going back to my beloved men's event - I love love LOVE the line ups as Skate Canada and NHK, I am going to be dithering madly about who I want as silver and bronze at both (can't we have a four way tie???) :hopelessness:

Unfortunately my chances of getting to either....

moriel

Record Breaker
Who is nervous? Of what? I am a Zhenya fan and certainly am not nervous ;)

I suspect though, that someone here is nervous about Zhenya having a quad... The "mythical" quad is starting to haunt some people :eeking:

:thumbsup:

Its pretty simple: until a skater lands a ratified quad in competition, this skater has no quad. None, nein, nope.
Because according to your logic, Alina also has a quad, and we even seen videos of it.
Tons of ladies have quads and 3As, and we even seen videos of it.
Except very few of them do it in competition for some reason ;)

In short, Zhenya has no quad.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Its pretty simple: until a skater lands a ratified quad in competition, this skater has no quad. None, nein, nope.
Because according to your logic, Alina also has a quad, and we even seen videos of it.

We said she is closer to getting it stable enough to show it sooner rather than later in competition. She alreadys said we will not see it I competition until it is stable. But if those info are true than she has the rotation right and only has to work on landing it. And yes I would not be surprised if we see alina with a quad at some point ,mabye in this season mabye In the next,but to stay on top she will be forced to get at least one soon. Mabyestop trying to take some thing out of context. Its one thing to say that she at the moment has no quad ready for competition because yes that's true its somethings else when a user apparently things that the audience is blind and denies rather rudely that there were 2 attempts made on seperate days. Those on for come from morethanoneperson also from as it was already said neutral fans. Whose favorite is not zhenya. And that she if the info We have know is correct has the rotation right but still has to work on the landing.
So all those people are blind and imagined those 2 tries?

Atlantis

Rinkside
We said she is closer to getting it stable enough to show it sooner rather than later in competition. She alreadys said we will not see it I competition until it is stable. But if those info are true than she has the rotation right and only has to work on landing it.

I have seen tweets saying it lacked half a rotation.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Apparently, lots of ladies are working on quads, but I suspect precious few of them actually have competition-ready quads.

I have a feeling that ladies events might rival the men when it comes to megasplats.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I have seen tweets saying it lacked half a rotation.
Which attempt ?both or only on one try? There are fewer Infos about the first attempt than the second. The second was landed on both feets and than fell at least that's the Info I know about, about the first one it is said that she apparently only had a step out..

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist

Oh for sure she does not have a quad in the sense that she has a quad ready for competition. You would only conclude that I meant it that way, as you did, if you isolated my comment from the context of the ongoing exchange here, as you also did. But whether she tried it (twice) in FaOI, which the poster denied (snarkily), is another story (this is what we were talking about - if you are unclear about it, see the quote below) - and that was what I insinuated was making some people (i.e., the poster) nervous.

Actually, it's a bit pointless arguing whether Evgenia's quad tries happened or not: to quote Isaac Asimov, all the millions of people who believed the earth was flat didn't succeed in unrounding it by one inch.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Oh for sure she does not have a quad in the sense that she has a quad ready for competition. You would only conclude that I meant it that way, as you did, if you isolated my comment from the context of the ongoing exchange here, as you also did. But whether she tried it (twice) in FaOI, which the poster denied (snarkily), is another story (this is what we were talking about - if you are unclear about it, see the quote below) - and that was what I insinuated was making some people (i.e., the poster) nervous.
for all those that now think she means the poster of her second quote it is not the poster who denies those tries but rather another one. Just for clarification. [emoji4]

NoviceFan

Medalist
Actually it is not the poster you quoted beneath who denies those tries but rather another one. Just for clarification. [emoji4]

True, true. But the one I posted very eloquently stated what we were talking about, which moriel missed.

For the avoidance of doubt, it was voolfee who does not believe that Evgenia tried a quad sal twice in FaOI.

To the admin, I am not trying to violate any rules here, I am just clarifying.

Atlantis

Rinkside
Which attempt ?both or only on one try? There are fewer Infos about the first attempt than the second. The second was landed on both feets and than fell at least that's the Info I know about, about the first one it is said that she apparently only had a step out..

It didn't specify. I would assume it's about two-footed attempt.

monochrom3

On the Ice
What you did hear that she jumped that one twice in the last two days on fantasy on ice. If informations are to be believed, the first try she had a step out and the second she landed on both feet and then fell. But if those info are true than she at least fully rotates, that means she only has to get the landing right. And yes that means we might see a quad from her earlier than thought. And yes I know you don't like zhenya I mean even a blind and deaf person would know that.

Actually from my japanese friends who watched the show, both attempts were 4S<< (first one step out and then two foot with fall) which would have been taken as a 3S in terms of scores.and the key word was try to do a 4S. It’s great that she’s trying to get it down sooner but just wanted to clarify on that.

In any case I do think it would take awhile more, I think we owe it to her to give her time and not place too much expectations just yet.

moriel

Record Breaker
True, true. But the one I posted very eloquently stated what we were talking about, which moriel missed.

For the avoidance of doubt, it was voolfee who does not believe that Evgenia tried a quad sal twice in FaOI.

To the admin, I am not trying to violate any rules here, I am just clarifying.

I dont believe it either =) She was nowhere in quad shape at World, very heavy jumps. Now, offseason, she suddenly jumps a quad? I rather believe that it was a 4S<< and people called it a quad because it was dark and other skaters were jumping quads.

In fact, someone mentioned above that people who were at the show also called it <<.

I mean, of course she is working on a quad, why not. Tons of skaters work on a quad. But its nowhere competition ready, in fact so not competition ready that it is pointless to even consider it for the next season. Unlike Trusova's, Tursybayeva's or even Kihira's quads, for example. Because following your logic, I can say "Zagitova is upping her game and will have a 4Lo soon, because she landed it in a harness".

And the quote you brought applies to people who believe in Medvedeva's quads.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I dont believe it either =) She was nowhere in quad shape at World, very heavy jumps. Now, offseason, she suddenly jumps a quad? I rather believe that it was a 4S<< and people called it a quad because it was dark and other skaters were jumping quads.

In fact, someone mentioned above that people who were at the show also called it <<.

I mean, of course she is working on a quad, why not. Tons of skaters work on a quad. But its nowhere competition ready, in fact so not competition ready that it is pointless to even consider it for the next season. Unlike Trusova's, Tursybayeva's or even Kihira's quads, for example. Because following your logic, I can say "Zagitova is upping her game and will have a 4Lo soon, because she landed it in a harness".

Just because you personally don't want to see Zhenya doing a quad, doesn't mean she won't. She is going to work on it. Her fans are going to celebrate when we hear about her first attempts publicly. You can choose to not believe it, or you can choose to be angry at her attempts and our excitement, but it's not going to change that she'll continue to work on it and we'll continue to be excited about it. You could also choose be excited about whatever your favorite skaters are doing instead of going on these kind of rants ;)

NoviceFan

Medalist

I am trying to follow - first, you said you "don't believe it either" - which I take to mean that, like voolfee, you are saying you do not believe Zhenya tried a 4Sal twice in FaOI.

Then you said you "would rather believe that it was a 4S<<" and noted that it was called << by "people who were at the show"- which would assume that you think, and you think the people "who were at the show" thought, that Evgenia actually tried a 4Sal; but you just claimed you didn't believe she tried a 4Sal - see above.

Then you said, "of course she is working on a quad," but it is not competition ready; so apparently you agree with what I said earlier (i.e., she tried a 4Sal twice in FaOI; for sure she does not have a quad in the sense that it is ready for competition).

But then you said, that following "my logic," "Zagitova will have a 4Lo soon because she landed it in harness." Could you point me to what I said that had parallel logic to that? No offense to Zagitova (I generally dislike bringing other skaters' names in this kind of back and forth, but here we are), I have no idea what she plans or doesn't plan to do next season (either way, more power to her), but a more appropriate analogy would be that if Zagitova tried a 4Loop during one (or two) of FaOI shows, then I would say "Zagitova tried a 4Loop once/twice in FaOI."

Actually, the quote you mentioned applies to anybody who stubbornly denies a certain truth. You already chose yours, so there's really nothing to talk about. ;)

Fluture

Record Breaker

Maybe we should start a new thread on this. “Will Medvedeva get a quad“ because this is starting to get out of hand. Nevertheless, I have tried to ignore this whole discussion until now but here we are.

Nobody, really nobody, said or believes that Zhenya has a quad ready at this very moment. This would be, frankly, ridiculous, especially since she was injured at Worlds and likely didn’t have enough time to train it and make it competition ready. However, the fact that she tried it out of a harness, under show lights, means she is serious about it and is actually working towards it making a debut in competition sooner than most expected, even her fans. She talked about having it ready in two years, yet here we are and she tries it in public, only months after Worlds.

This is more than trying a quad in a harness in training. She showed it in public and under show lights that make it very hard to jump. So, no matter how UR it was, it‘s still different than for example Alina‘s quad loop that nobody has ever even seen (it was the 4F we saw on a harness) and that she trains ONLY in practice and ONLY on a harness. Of course, it‘s entirely possible that it was 4S<<. This still makes it a quad attempt, even if it might be closer to an overrotated 3S. I don‘t believe it will be ready for next season, especially not the GP season which makes it pointless to discuss here. But the thing is, that some here try to act as if these attempts never even happened or as if it was completely irrelevant that she‘s trying to jump a quad in a show when it‘s not. Repeating, jumping under show lights is hard, especially for quads. So, if she feels confident enough to try it there, that means that there must have been attempts in training where she was at least very close to getting it right. That doesn’t make her quad “ready“ but at least the possibility is there, even with the “heavy“ jumps she had after Worlds. Frankly, I don‘t even know what you and voolfee are trying to argue here. It‘s not about her having a quad at this very moment, it‘s more that some here have said that there is a possibility of her having it earlier than expected (2 years) because she already tried it in public. That‘s it. :shrug:

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
I saw a rumour on instagram saying Young You is landing very clean 3A and 4S, but no video proof because videos 'aren't allowed'

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
When i saw the thread up i thought there was a new video of a new "quadster" trying a quad, as usual when there are new posts. But i see that it's mainly a fight about possible quad attempts.....:disapp:
Bye.