Women and the Quad | Page 37 | Golden Skate

Women and the Quad

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Omg it looks really good too!

Did the FS happen already? I wonder if she'll attempt any quads

She did her FS two days ago. She attempted a 3A there. Maybe they are taking it slow with the increased technical content to not cause injuries and exhaust her or we will see a Quad at Skate Canada.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I think 3A fits into the realm of “very difficult jumps”, so I like that both 3A and quads are discussed here ;)
We probably should ask to rename the thread to ladies and “extra difficult jumps” or something :)

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think 3A fits into the realm of “very difficult jumps”, so I like that both 3A and quads are discussed here ;)
We probably should ask to rename the thread to ladies and “extra difficult jumps” or something :)

"Ladies with jump ≥ 3A", " Surpassing the 3 rotation barrier", or "Ladies, 3A, and Quads"

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Gabby Daleman plans to do a 3A in her SP and a 4T in her Free according a skater who met Gabby today at a rink.

Stories: https://instagram.com/skater_on_ice?igshid=6rysmb99juw7

Not sure how she'd fare with a 3A, but going by how monstrous her 3T's are, I can see her getting a handle on a quad toe! Though a small part of me wonders if she shouldn't concentrate on getting back into competition and getting her triples solid before focusing on quads, but her choice i guess!

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Gabby Daleman plans to do a 3A in her SP and a 4T in her Free according a skater who met Gabby today at a rink.

Stories: https://instagram.com/skater_on_ice?igshid=6rysmb99juw7

Am I the only one surprised about ladies such as Gabby, Satoko and Kaori planning to include jumps in their programs they don’t jump even in practices? Is it some sort of politicking so that the judges will keep them on mind and not write off as an „older generation“ skater?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Am I the only one surprised about ladies such as Gabby, Satoko and Kaori planning to include jumps in their programs they don’t jump even in practices? Is it some sort of politicking so that the judges will keep them on mind and not write off as an „older generation“ skater?

Do we know that they don’t do it in practice? As far as I know, Kaori has been working on the 3A for years, on and off/not consistently, and same for Gabby and the 4T.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Do we know that they don’t do it in practice? As far as I know, Kaori has been working on the 3A for years, on and off/not consistently, and same for Gabby and the 4T.

Training jumps and landing them even in practices is a different thing.
Let’s be real, we all know they’re not landing any of those jumps in practices, or we would know by now :)
Dimitriev trains 4A, does it actually mean he landed it in practice even once?
Chartrand used to train 3A, not landed even once anywhere, but still tried to land it on competitions.
And we all know Jason doesn’t have a quad now, but he still puts it in his FS for some reason.
I don’t get what’s the deal with this, why they try to put jumps, they don’t have?

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Training jumps and landing them even in practices is a different thing.
Let’s be real, we all know they’re not landing any of those jumps in practices, or we would know by now :)
Dimitriev trains 4A, does it actually mean he landed it in practice even once?
Chartrand used to train 3A, not landed even once anywhere, but still tried to land it on competitions.
And we all know Jason doesn’t have a quad now, but he still puts it in his FS for some reason.
I don’t get what’s the deal with this, why they try to put jumps, they don’t have?

To push themselves? To give them something to aim for?
I don't agree that just because we haven't seen footage of it means they can't do it. Tursynbaeva came out of nowhere in the later half of last season and landed her rumoured 4S in competition.
And in terms of Jason, not to derail the ladies quad thread, but there he has landed his quad salchow in warm-up and confirmed by brian, he just struggles with consistency and particularly performance nerves. But he doesn't completely lack the ability to do it.
Anyway, I think we will see more and more ladies adding jumps like this to their layouts, because the sport is moving forwards and quads/triple axels are becoming more of a threat, particularly with the rise of the russian juniors. As with the men, at some point (maybe soon) good triples won't be enough to win, so kudos to all these ladies pushing themselves to be as good as they can be.

colormyworld240

Medalist
Looking at all the quads from other girls shows how difficult it is for ladies to get the height required. In comparison to Sasha's explosive 4T, the other quads are tiny (maybe except Anna's when she lands them - but even then they still don't have that kind of height). Say what you will about Sasha; many people have all sorts of issues with her. But her jump height is unmatched, and her quad certainly doesn't come from "just fast rotation" like many seem to suggest. It looks like the highest jumps in ladies, by a large margin. Anyone know how it compares to Tsurskaya's 3Lz, which I thought was the highest ladies' jump?