Would a Folk Short Dance Be Possible? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Would a Folk Short Dance Be Possible?

Can we please bring back original dances? Or at least eliminate the compulsory pattern? It's the most boring thing, and I couldn't care less about the short dance because of it. Where's the personality?

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Sorry this is unrelated to your topic but I wanted to mention that I think Zijun Li skated to a Mandarin song in 2016-17 for her FS.

Yes, I forgot about that program. I heard that she has retired? I hope she can make a comeback for 2022.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Can we please bring back original dances? Or at least eliminate the compulsory pattern? It's the most boring thing, and I couldn't care less about the short dance because of it. Where's the personality?

I doubt they are ever bringing back ODs as one of the reasons that the short dance was created is to make ice dance a two event competition similar to the other disciplines while retaining a pattern that judges can compare everyone with (keep in mind that they had two sets of the pattern in the SD from 2011-2014 but they have already reduced them to a pattern and partial step).