Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 121 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Doublemeat

Rinkside
About Yuzu's horrible schedule of ice shows, I'm afraid it won't change even in the next few years. :bang:We can criticize JSF's greed, but we can do nothing but accept it. It's the price to be a star in Japan. Just pray for Yuzu not losing his way and being healthy.:)

happy_Yuzu_fan

Rinkside
Orser can't stop this either, I think. This is all about sponsors behind JSF. Mao and Daisuke used to do these things before, now it's Yuzu's turn. I'm afraid he has no rights to reject. I always feel sorry to Japanese top skaters for having so much 'JSF' pressures.

They really need to reconsider his long list of ice shows because, most likely, it can affect his training and practice for the coming seasons.

Doublemeat

Rinkside
They really need to reconsider his long list of ice shows because, most likely, it can affect his training and practice for the coming seasons.

It's a huge interests of the chain. JSF needs these sponsors which support their skaters and itself. And the sponsors ask their top skaters to attend ice shows to achieve profits. It's not just Yuzu. Pathetic but has to accept it.

happy_Yuzu_fan

Rinkside
It's a huge interests of the chain. JSF needs these sponsors which support their skaters and itself. And the sponsors ask their top skaters to attend ice shows to achieve profits. It's not just Yuzu. Pathetic but has to accept it.

Well, that's the bitter reality and you're right, nothing else to do but to accept it...

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
About Yuzu's horrible schedule of ice shows, I'm afraid it won't change even in the next few years. :bang:We can criticize JSF's greed, but we can do nothing but accept it. It's the price to be a star in Japan. Just pray for Yuzu not losing his way and being healthy.:)[/QUOTE]

Oh I am you know. To return to the flame analogy, with as you say Yuzuru's "horrible schedule," I think of him as the "candle burning at both ends," giving off such a lovely light but not lasting the night. Like everyone here in this thread, I want him to stay healthy and have a long career. If nothing else, JSF should also do some hard thinking and be long-sighted about this.

happy_Yuzu_fan

Rinkside
About Yuzu's horrible schedule of ice shows, I'm afraid it won't change even in the next few years. :bang:We can criticize JSF's greed, but we can do nothing but accept it. It's the price to be a star in Japan. Just pray for Yuzu not losing his way and being healthy.:)[/QUOTE]

Oh I am you know. To return to the flame analogy, with as you say Yuzuru's "horrible schedule," I think of him as the "candle burning at both ends," giving off such a lovely light but not lasting the night. Like everyone here in this thread, I want him to have stay healthy and have a long career. If nothing else, JSF should also do some hard thinking and be long-sighted about this.

Bull's eye with that analogy... Wishing all the best for Yuzuru..

Doublemeat

Rinkside
Oh I am you know. To return to the flame analogy, with as you say Yuzuru's "horrible schedule," I think of him as the "candle burning at both ends," giving off such a lovely light but not lasting the night. Like everyone here in this thread, I want him to stay healthy and have a long career. If nothing else, JSF should also do some hard thinking and be long-sighted about this.

Yuzu had a record that he did 50 shows in 2011. So I guess we could only comfort ourselves by that. He'll get through this safely.:)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yuzu had a record that he did 50 shows in 2011. So I guess we could only comfort ourselves by that. He'll get through this safely.:)
I thought it was 60 shows? Come to think of it, he did that many shows in the past, maybe that's why he is willing to do shows. I hope he will come back to Canada as soon as possible.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Well yes but in 2011, I think he had no training rink because of the earthquake so the ice shows were also his practice. (Sigh!) As a fan auntie, thinking of this as a case of child labor. :disapp:

And yes, I agree with Meoima that the sooner he gets back to Canada for training, after a suitable rest period, the better.

echotpe

On the Ice

On the other hand, Takahashi is the ace male skater to the box office of ice shows in past few years, Mao for female of course.

However, Takahashi is absent from his injury to attend the shows this off-season. And then, Yuzu will take the most pressures of box office.

I read a post that a guy who seems to know the business ecosystem of JSF. He comments that Yuzu’s schedule of shows quite unusual little last season, because of a trade-off with JSF. It is one of reasons why he is almost occupied in April and next two months. But the man observes that Yuzu clearly knows the situation and is smart to handle it.

Remember Yuzu is recognized by Machida as a fighter cope with a lion and win. Let us watch its changing. :agree:

Doublemeat

Rinkside
Today's show: hana ni nara. Tried twice on 4Lo but both failed. And fell on 3A.
p.s. I just wonder if I worry too much about his body condition, or this kid is just crazy and doesn't know the meaning of 'abstinence'. I hope it's the former one.:mad:

sajoya

On the Ice
I'll answer based on the programs I have liked and which worked well for the skaters involved.

Akiko Suzuki's "O" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOuaUMgFOcg) and Daisuke Takahashi's "Blues for Klook" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REw4lqL3w9I) were choreographed by Pasquale Carmerlengo who has expressed an interest to choreograph for Yuzuru when Yuzuru was not yet the big star that he is right now. I agree with Nimi that it will be interesting to have Rohene Ward (choreographer of Jason Brown's "Riverdance," http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzlcVKFVWVI) work with Yuzuru. Then there's Phillip Mills who choreographed Tatsuki's stunning "East of Eden" SP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaYfPjBgj5c) at the 2014 Worlds. Not to forget of course Jeffrey Buttle who choreographed Yuzuru's PW.

Ooooh! Pasquale Carmerlengo's choreography for Daisuke though. That was a nice performance (and sexy *coughs*). I think Yuzuru should really go for him! And of course, Jeffrey Buttle. I hope he's the one to make Yuzuru's next SP. Without his PW, Yuzuru wouldn't have that high score to help him win gold in Sochi. Thanks, Maria. The links you provided helped a lot :popcorn:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Today's show: hana ni nara. Tried twice on 4Lo but both failed. And fell on 3A.
p.s. I just wonder if I worry too much about his body condition, or this kid is just crazy and doesn't know the meaning of 'abstinence'. I hope it's the former one.:mad:
:bang::bang: someone please wrap him up in cotton wool and send him back to Canada immediately!