Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 122 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^ I hope so too Doublemeat.

Echotpe, thank you for the information. Now I have an additional reason, besides of course her beautiful skating, for wanting Mao not to retire: so that Yuzuru can have someone to "share" that "star's burden." It would be lovely too if Daisuke also stays on.

sajoya

On the Ice
On the other hand, is it also possible that doing these many ice shows will somehow improve his stamina?

Well I do hope there's some sort of benefit from this, but most importantly that he's having fun. It would really irritate me if this is some one-sided issue where he's actually not enjoying himself at these shows. I remember coming across a set of gifs where he looked so tired during an interview. Can it just be a phone interview instead? Do they really have to make their way there to the set for maybe just a 15 min interview? Poor boy...

happy_Yuzu_fan

Rinkside
I remember coming across a set of gifs where he looked so tired during an interview. Can it just be a phone interview instead? Do they really have to make their way there to the set for maybe just a 15 min interview? Poor boy...

That is true, most especially for his interview after the Men's SP in the 2014 Worlds

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Today's show: hana ni nara. Tried twice on 4Lo but both failed. And fell on 3A.
p.s. I just wonder if I worry too much about his body condition, or this kid is just crazy and doesn't know the meaning of 'abstinence'. I hope it's the former one.:mad:

Oh:no: Too many shows...the kid needs a holiday. I've always trust him that he'll stop when he feels he can't continue with the schedule, but I now I doubt a little bit. He should think there's going to be another season with lots of competitions and lots of stress and he should be fresh after this summer.

roxella

On the Ice
Today's show: hana ni nara. Tried twice on 4Lo but both failed. And fell on 3A.
p.s. I just wonder if I worry too much about his body condition, or this kid is just crazy and doesn't know the meaning of 'abstinence'. I hope it's the former one.:mad:

Auch!! :no: This is not good....I guess that he is way too tired for the moment! Yuzu,be a good boy and get some rest! Please! For your sake and for ours,of course! We want to see you in competitions many years from now on! Don't get hurt! :cry:

Doublemeat

Rinkside
Oh:no: Too many shows...the kid needs a holiday. I've always trust him that he'll stop when he feels he can't continue with the schedule, but I now I doubt a little bit. He should think there's going to be another season with lots of competitions and lots of stress and he should be fresh after this summer.

I would say I still trust him. I think he has learned his lesson after 2013 Worlds. He's doing great in this Olympic season. Just a few more shows this month.
Hold on, Yuzu :cool:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Ooooh! Pasquale Carmerlengo's choreography for Daisuke though. That was a nice performance (and sexy *coughs*). I think Yuzuru should really go for him! And of course, Jeffrey Buttle. I hope he's the one to make Yuzuru's next SP. Without his PW, Yuzuru wouldn't have that high score to help him win gold in Sochi. Thanks, Maria. The links you provided helped a lot :popcorn:

Welcome Sajoya.

Ahem! To be honest, I can't imagine YET Yuzuru doing that kind of "sexy" that Daisuke did in "Blues for Klook," but Yuzuru might surprise me. I might not, however, recover from the incongruity of having him skate such a program and then seeing him with his Winnie-the-Pooh at the K & C. We'll see. Seriously, I look forward to his evolution as a skater as he is, for all his formidable achievements, still very young. There is still so much room for growth.

Brain Orser has this statement shortly after Yuzuru became his student to the effect that Yuzuru is now turning from a boy into a young man and that Yuzuru's programs should reflect that. (LoL when I read a recent interview where Brian Orser said the same thing about Nam.)

nimi

Medalist
To be honest, I can't imagine YET Yuzuru doing that kind of "sexy" that Daisuke did in "Blues for Klook," but Yuzuru might surprise me. I might not, however, recover from the incongruity of having him skate such a program and then seeing him with his Winnie-the-Pooh at the K & C.
:rofl:
Oh dear... I just imagined Borser covering poor Pooh's eyes while Yuzu's on ice channelling Dai...

echotpe

On the Ice
【music time】SOI Tokyo 2014 group performance with “became a family”

Sunday afternoon, Tokyo TV broadcast one hour trailer of the program scheduled on air next Wed(4/16). Hope to find program videos afterward.

There are two highlights as following:

(1) Group performance with the song of “became a family” by Fukuyama Masaharu. He is one of my favorite Japanese male singers! :love:

家族になろうよ/福山雅治 (become a famiy/Fukuyama Masaharu)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ErNjHJuPYc

(2) The interview of Yuzu by Nobunari Oda. It seems quite funny interactions between them. For example, Nobunari asks Yuzu how he feels while jumping 4lo? "Just jump 'Shu!!'. That's all!" (Thx SuzyQ's correction)

Trailer video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJLSbnqEfV0

happy_Yuzu_fan

Rinkside
【music time】SOI Tokyo 2014 group performance with “became a family”

Sunday afternoon, Tokyo TV broadcast one hour trailer of the program scheduled on air next Wed(4/16). Hope to find program videos afterward.

There two highlights as following:

(1) Group performance with the song of “became a family” by Fukuyama Masaharu. He is one of my favorite Japanese male singers! :love:

家族になろうよ/福山雅治 (become a famiy/Fukuyama Masaharu)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ErNjHJuPYc

(2) The interview of Yuzu by Nobunari Oda. It seems quite funny interactions between them. For example, Nobunari asks Yuzu how he feels while jumping 4lo? “Oh, a speedy jump only!” :rolleye:

Trailer video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJLSbnqEfV0

After watching this, I suddenly want to see Daisuke, Nobunari, and Yuzuru together in a program or even in an interview...

foruiz

Final Flight
That is just hilarious!!
By the way, why didn't Yuzuru bring Pooh in his Olympic programs?

I think it was because pooh is a Disney trademark.

Keep those vids coming, i hope someone gets to translate the yuzu and nobu interview Later, looks like a very fun interview.