Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 644 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
OK, actually there are some cute clip in WTT.

1. He did wear the pink cat paw gloves for 5 seconds. (the cute cat paw gloves Kanako and Satoko wears in KC)

2. He danced "YMCA" (did make the movement of Y-M-C-A )with Go-Chan in ice-resurfacing time.

3. After ladies FS, when everyone was going to leave, he help clean the Japan cheering zone.( pick up the trash and put every tools into bags...)

He was also lifted by Francis during the wait for awards ceremony, Japanese fans said he did a very beautiful position in the air :)

ahkeekee

Medalist
He was also lifted by Francis during the wait for awards ceremony, Japanese fans said he did a very beautiful position in the air :)

OMG~!!! Now I really want to see it :( So many of these precious moments were not shown on the stream and also the Japanese broadcast :( !!!

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
OMG~!!! Now I really want to see it :( So many of these precious moments were not shown on the stream and also the Japanese broadcast :( !!!

I've found some reports pictures by shimasuica_j9 from Twitter.
No lift though. But in the picture he and Mura tried to imitate a throw jump apparently. I love it that he brought a mask for Kana and shoes for Satoko, handing them to her while standing on one knee aka Prince. Such a nice service for the team.

Last edited:

bibi1899

Rinkside
No lift though. But in the picture he and Mura tried to imitate a throw jump apparently. I love it that he brought a mask for Kana and shoes for Satoko, handing them to her while standing on one knee aka Prince. Such a nice service for the team.

I saw he take the shoes for Satoko. At that moment, i thought if i were Satoko, i definitely would fall in love with the prince.....

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
What he was doing it with Cathy in the third pictures. Thanks for posting.

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
Awwww, I really want to see this! They seem to really get along from the few interactions I've seen :).

Yep, I wondered when they could befriend each other so well. They seemed pretty close, I remember Yuzu hugged him as freely as Mura after his skate.

Spot

On the Ice
Yep, I wondered when they could befriend each other so well. They seemed pretty close, I remember Yuzu hugged him as freely as Mura after his skate.

Yes, exactly...and there was another occasion earlier in the week that I can't quite recall now, haha. Very sweet :).

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Maybe they see each other in Canafda? Francis is Canadian, and I think he and Ami train together in Canada...

daphenaxa

Record Breaker

Francis seems like a very enthusiastic and easy going guy and also a huge Yuzuru stan so maybe it was instant friendship :)
Or maybe they met in Canada before?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
By the way, I was trying to decide which of Hanyu's Chopin performances would be saved to my collection of favourite videos... tough decision because he never did it perfectly. (I almost wish he'd keep it another year, do it perfectly... and set a new WR)

But in the end it was between his World's and his WTT performances - the program was more polished by that time, and had a few extra "details" that weren't there at first. And of the two, I chose WTT... because I see a quiet intensity in that performance that isn't in any of the others. I also love how his movements are locked into the timing of the music, he really becomes "one" with it (he's always done that though, it's how he first caught my attention years ago).

I think his WTT short program was possibly most intense I've seen him since his 2012 World's FS - which is a bit weird considering the subtlety of the program and the music. I guess it's a testament to how much he has developed, that he can deliver such a passionate, powerful and expressive performance, to "gentle" music like that...

Last edited: