Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 167 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

Draculus

On the Ice
Does anybody know about Yuzuru studies about AI applied to skating? There was a brief mention about it during press conference.

Emily98

Rinkside
I see, thanks. It seems to be an important goal for him so I really hope that he lands it for next year! And most importantly, that he stays safe practicing this crazily dangerous jump 😥

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Nice skate from Yuzu as usual overall. Though I thought this performance lacked fire compared to nationals. Probably because the lack of audience?🤔

Last edited:

Emily98

Rinkside
I'm having a blast watching his sp over and over again and showing it to my whole family, knowing he placed first with it! :) I was a nervous wreck during the livestream, so definitely enjoying the replays with the pressure off 😅

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
He was asked about the Olympics and he said he didn't actually think about the Olympics. I hope that everybody can see that he doesn't want 3rd Olympics 😔

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He was asked about the Olympics and he said he didn't actually think about the Olympics. I hope that everybody can see that he doesn't want 3rd Olympics 😔

I still think he is mainly here to secure the sports for the Olympics, not necessarily for himself, and to give his fans joy. Whether he goes to Beijing... is still in the lap of one particular god. He's probably just getting tired of being asked.

yude

Record Breaker

Honda talked about Yuzuru's SP in TV show today.

(comments on the elements watching the video)
4S--There were judges who didn't give him (much)+GOE because he landed bending forward a little.
4T3T--It was the jump of high quality that should/could have gotten more +GOE.
3A--Amazing.

(brief summary)
Yuzuru was doing the spin very carefully counting the number of the rotation during the performance and also in the practice because it got 0 point in Japanese nationals. Honda thought they were high qualitied (I am not sure if Honda was talking about the spins or whole performance, but I assume he meant the whole performance) and should/could have gotten more +GOE, he noticed Yuzuru was "hmmm?" expression in K&C seeing the score of 106. Honda also had the impression that he should/could have had a little higher PCS score.

Honda also talked about Nathan's performance and score, but probably other fans will translate it in other place (it is in the twitter thread I posted). I personally agree with him and I would appreciate it more if he made those comments (including the comments about Yuzuru I translated above) during the live broadcast, not in the TV show. But thank you, Honda-san. (please note that Japanese commentators don't state their opinions about the judges very frankly.)

Last edited: