Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 168 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
"He is saying "I Love You" in ASL." Someone noticed this hand gesture in the short, and Yuzu is way too meticulous for it to be coincidence.

pianistliz

On the Ice
Never been this anxious/nervous for anyone else's performance or competition in my life. My stomach is in knots and I'm counting down the hours till it's over. I'm trying to tell myself I'm overreacting which I know I am (and also to trust Yuzuru who is very prepared and knows what to do), but I can't help it, I'm a hyper-empathetic, highly sensitive control freak and have never been able to handle helplessly watching other people compete or perform in high-stakes environments. I'd be much less nervous doing it myself, and I have zero skating skills.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Today was not the best day...I'm feeling so sad for what Yuzu must feel about it.
However, this is just one day, one competition, and I'm sure this will make Yuzu forge a new path for himself.
He's always come back stronger and wiser than before.
Thanks everyone in the thread for cheering together for Yuzu. :pray:
Chat with you all again next skate.

Emily98

Rinkside
I was really hopeful after seeing his perfect JNats program... Don't know what happened today, feeling really sad for him :( I guess he will need to include the harder quads or land the 4A next season

DiamondDust

Final Flight
I was really hopeful after seeing his perfect JNats program... Don't know what happened today, feeling really sad for him :( I guess he will need to include the harder quads or land the 4A next season
That would be interesting but I do hope not. He's not so young anymore and I'd rather see him healthy than injured yet again. Perhaps he could land the 4A then retire?

Emily98

Rinkside
I hope this will keep him motivated to continue skating
I hope so too but I'm worried about that, given the very vague answers he's been giving about next year's OG. He already didn't seem certain he wanted to participate, and I REALLY hope that being disappointed today won't prompt him to retire early. I would be so heartbroken... 😢

Nachi

On the Ice
I want HIM to be happy and confident in what he's doing. Of course it's a sport which is also for the eye and thus for a big audience. In the end it's not us who he needs to think about. If he wants to quit because he sees no more reason to continue then that's good as well. To me he still seems to gather energy from his fans and seemed undecided on what to do. Just do what your heart tells you, Yuzu. It's okay to shut out your brain for this decision 😉.