Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 170 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

Sam18q

Rinkside
That was such a beautiful program! Which version of Hana wa saku he use? He still looked tired. Hope he feels better and returns home safely. Hopefully with the vaccine he can come back to Toronto to train.

pianistliz

On the Ice
So he confirmed the asthma attack but something else happened and made him late and affected his skate, too, I think? What a rough day. Really glad he seems to not be bothered by the free. He seems quite optimistic and focused, all things considered.
Also his exhibition program is just mesmerizing :love2:

yude

Record Breaker

"I'm planning to do 4A in the first game of the next season. But I just have to succeed in the jump by then. Even if I put it in the program, I think I have to practice constantly so that other jumps don't fall apart and can be completed as a program."

I am so grateful that Yuzuru talked A LOT in the interview on Gala day. He said the goal now was not to win gold medal at Beijing Olympics, but to land 4A in the competition. Maybe it was the first time he had said it so clearly. I think you guys have already read the translations (many thanks to the translators!), but he is thinking of doing 4A in H&E, and he knows the jump itself needs 1/8 of a rotation to be landed. Now all I do is to pray his dream will come true with all health :pray:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
The local Monday morning paper only sees Yuzuru. :D

Translation:

Hanyu plans Quadruple Axel

After his repeat loss to old and new World Champion Nathan Chen from the United States of America double Olympic Champion Yuzuru Hanyu announced he will go for the Quadruple Axel next season. "I want to start train the Axel again, and want to be the first to show it in competition cleanly," the Japanese said in Stockholm. (sid) Picture: dpa

Last edited:

giulia95

Medalist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuMlBNCTTFA
Hana wa Saku with English subtitle.

Hana wa Saku is a song to celebrate people who passed away in 2011 Miyagi earthquake , they are symbolically represented by flowers that singers hold in their hands. That’s why Yuzuru holds the flower so gently in his ex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNTnL5TUzpE
the choreo in the making in 2014(English subtitle)
Yuzuru’s life is inextricably intertwined with his skating, an incredible journey.

yude

Record Breaker

The antigen test was negative. Yuzuru said, "Thank you very much. Thank you for your hard work. I'll be quarantined. Thank you very much." He commented at the airport and went to the hotel used for quarantine by a private vehicle.

I don't know why but for me, his smile here is the best thing in this WC. Welcome home, Yuzuru 😊

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Good to know Yuzuru is now safely back in Japan.
I am immensely relieved he still wants to compete. I think I want to thank the 4A for keeping him motivated, although I dread to think what might happen when he practices such an extreme jump.
I would still have Yuzuru 🥈 at WC, but as long as he keeps going, I am not complaining. He's so compelling, it will be hard for me when he finally quits. And for many others. I have to share my other fave's words about Yuzuru's FS here (thanks to Rainbow for the translation!): "He is really the epitome of beauty. That program showed the beauty of Japan and the beauty of Hanyu-kun so much. He was out of this world." <-Sota Yamamoto about Hanyu's Nationals. He's not normally too good with words, but he was spot on this time. A skating world without Yuzuru would not be the same for me :)

yude

Record Breaker
Good to know Yuzuru is now safely back in Japan.
I am immensely relieved he still wants to compete. I think I want to thank the 4A for keeping him motivated, although I dread to think what might happen when he practices such an extreme jump.
I would still have Yuzuru 🥈 at WC, but as long as he keeps going, I am not complaining. He's so compelling, it will be hard for me when he finally quits. And for many others. I have to share my other fave's words about Yuzuru's FS here (thanks to Rainbow for the translation!): "He is really the epitome of beauty. That program showed the beauty of Japan and the beauty of Hanyu-kun so much. He was out of this world." <-Sota Yamamoto about Hanyu's Nationals. He's not normally too good with words, but he was spot on this time. A skating world without Yuzuru would not be the same for me :)

Speaking of Sota, he made this post 3 days ago on Instagram (I am sure you know it:wink:). Very nice photos with Yuzuru and fellow skaters.

yude

Record Breaker
Well, according to this article published on March 15 (https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20210315/k10012915801000.html) ,the athletes who came back from other countries can practice during their quarantine, but during the period, they have to receive three to four PCR tests. They won't be allowed to contact with the public or go outside of their accommodation and practice area. Osaka had the largest number of Covid cases today, which worries me to be honest.