Yuzuru Hanyu: 2021-22 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2021-22

Arbitrary

Medalist
There is an info Yuzuru will not skate at NHK due to foot trauma.

He attempted 4Ax in practice just hours before.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Dear Yuzuru, be kind for your right ankle, especially its ligament. It has to be in a good shape in February. Because I don't even want to imagine that you might miss the Olympics.
Pretty sure he unfortunately has a lot of experience now with skating with heavy painkillers in an ankle, regardless of its condition… *shudder*

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I swear the man has haunted ankles. I'm also not optimistic about Rostelecom... which means his first comp will be JNats. And then the Olympics, assuming he can compete. First Nathan's hip thing, now this? What have we done to deserve punishment in the form of injury from the two top skaters in the world? 😭

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
It wasn't a plain fall. "... just one fall".
It was another 4Ax attempt to prove he's still the Emperor. Anyone wants to deny that?
Could you please expand?
Do you have any factual info as to the circumstances of this fall? I should be very interested.
"to prove he's still the Emperor"... I can't guess what you mean. You can't mean his motivation in jumping 4A is "to prove he's still the emperor"? Or you're completely new to Men figure skating?
As shown by many interviews since his Novice days, 4A is his childhood dream along with his 2 Olympic Gold medals. Axel jumps have always been his darling jumps. He stated several times since 2018 that if it was not for 4A he would have retired. He certainly believed, back in 2015, that he would achieve it before 2018 but he didn't and it was probably not only because of his 2017 injury. The jump is much more difficult than expected. He even went into Biomechanics and IT research to comprehend it better.
I would add, he is heaps and shoulders above any other Men skater in all respects, keeps improving and has unmatched records, the mere idea that he may want "to prove he's still the Emperor" would be laughable.

ankifeather

Final Flight
It wasn't a plain fall. "... just one fall".
It was another 4Ax attempt to prove he's still the Emperor. Anyone wants to deny that?

I am sorry what sort of insinuation is this? First there is zero public information about what jump he fell from. He has even injured himself badly from a fall from 4T before, so it can be anything, even a triple. Even if it is the 4A, learning new jumps always come with injury risks, what is there to sneer at?

Second he has in countless interviews since 10 yr old repeatedly say he wants to jump the 4A one day, has been attempting 4A even in ice shows long before some active skaters today even competed internationally. For him it's a personal dream he wants to chase and can afford to now because unlike others he hasn't needed to prove anything to anyone a long time ago already. He has already won everything in juniors and seniors (many multiple times too) with numerous accolades and records, unmatched longevity at the top and most importantly transcendental skating mastery & performances most skaters will never achieve in their career, everything since 2018 Olympics has just been an added bonus for him and his fans.

Third it is very bad manners to run into someone else's thread to gloat about their injuries.

Last edited:

lynnidolz

Spectator
It is sad to know that he is injured and had to withdraw fron NHK again.Its like Pyeongchang all over again.Just a few days ago from the video he was so excited for NHK and wants to jump 4A.Its must be so frustrated to him now.We dont know the extent of the injury and can only pray for him to get better soon.I see that Yuzuru didn't have a lot of support here...People are dismissing him and never thought about this could be a career ending injury as its recurred at the same ankle again

eaglehelang

Final Flight
I am sorry what sort of insinuation is this? First there is zero public information about what jump he fell from. He has even injured himself badly from a fall from 4T before, so it can be anything, even a triple. Even if it is the 4A, learning new jumps always come with injury risks, what is there to sneer at?
The " ..just one fall" is from a translation of Yuzuru's statement.
The rest is speculation by the forumer.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Interview of Brian Orser mentioning Yuzuru Hanyu's injury (no factual news), hopes of recovery and trust, at Gran Premio d'Italia.

I'm so happy with Boyang's Otoñal-inspired costume and SP victory!