Grand Prix 2016-17 News/Speculation | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix 2016-17 News/Speculation

Marta25

Medalist
I wonder who will get the last home spot at COR for Ice Dance. B/S, I/Z, S/K and S/B all have already 2 spots and they already gave Z/G one home spot.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Know what I was a little bummed because France is the only one I could possibly go to this year and it was looking disappointing but OMG Elena and Ruslan are there my life is made I don't even care who else is there ticket purchased that is all.
I'm 99.9 % going for certain. Am so excited it's not even funny.
I'm coming from Holland, too, easy as pie to get there, now that it's in Paris. :yahoo:
I don't think tickets are actually for sale yet, though, are they?

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm 99.9 % going for certain. Am so excited it's not even funny.
I'm coming from Holland, too, easy as pie to get there, now that it's in Paris. :yahoo:
I don't think tickets are actually for sale yet, though, are they?

No, they aren't for sale yet... I was being a little dramatic :yahoo:

It would be really great to see you there!!!

winky97

Medalist
To go to Sc or not to go. That is the question. Was hoping for Radionova, but Tuk will do. I think I will go

jax

Rinkside
It's like Christmas!! Sorry I was confused on the 10 for all disciplines. But my source was right on Ice dance!!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To go to Sc or not to go. That is the question. Was hoping for Radionova, but Tuk will do. I think I will go

Hope to see you there!

Pretty happy with SC, although the US selection is lacking a bit (no Ashley or Adam this year), but I get to see Mirai skate and hope that Grant and Ross have good outings again. Excited to see Misha Ge, Daniel Samohin, Hanyu, Chan, V/M's return, D/R, Liza T vs. Med and more!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like Kevin Reynolds' only chance of getting a GP assignment is a host pick for SC. Which I wouldn't be surprised to be honest if that happens.

winky97

Medalist
Hope to see you there!

Pretty happy with SC, although the US selection is lacking a bit (no Ashley or Adam this year), but I get to see Mirai skate and hope that Grant and Ross have good outings again. Excited to see Misha Ge, Daniel Samohin, Hanyu, Chan, V/M's return, D/R, Liza T vs. Med and more!

It's a pretty good line up and I will probably go. I have the trip planned. Room booked and all complete with a side trip to Niagra Falls. The only thing I held back on is the event ticket because I wanted to see the skater line up. I am trying with Medvededava, but the Tanos drive me nuts. At the beginning of the year I liked her and by the end, Not so much. SA weaken the US contingent to SC when they decided to pit Ashley and Gracie against each other but since I am going to SA I am ok with it.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So the 10 spots for Dance meant there were more spots for Dance this coming season? Makes you wonder then why a team like M/C still decided to stay Junior. They would certainly have had one GP event and SA could have picked them for a 2nd event. I really don't know what they are waiting for they need to start challenging themselves and being on the JGP again won't do that.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Looks like Kevin Reynolds' only chance of getting a GP assignment is a host pick for SC. Which I wouldn't be surprised to be honest if that happens.

What about Nicolas Nadeau...surely they aren't going to make him do the JGP again?

One GP for Deniss, two for Daniel, pretty good lineup for SA...I think I'm happy with these assignments. Nice (and surprising) to see Maria A. and Sima getting slots, too.