2017 GP Cup of China Mens SP | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Cup of China Mens SP

GGFan

Record Breaker
Love Javi, but some of his PCS scores need to better reflect the actual performance and not the potential performance he could have given.

da96103

Record Breaker
There are some personal bests (Kolyada and Tanaka).
There are some small mistakes (Boyang) and
There are total disasters (Fernandez and those in Group 1)

QuadThrow

Medalist
This 4Lz was one of the best jumps in FS history.:eek: Should be +3 through the board. I was waiting for this jump for two years.

MIM

Medalist
Not a great jump day for Javi. But he looks very sophisticated and fit.

I read some doubtful posts when he decides to do Chaplin program again. I assume it was too predictable... his original Chaplin felt funny, spontaneous, improvised, young, and clunky, where this one is sophisticated, controlled, and polished. I see his evolution as a skater. He has been Chaplin always, and I appreciate that along with his many other qualities.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Kolyada winning this would be great, but he's not so consistent. i think it's safe to say Boyang and Javi will be on podium. even when Javi pop he has the PCS back up, and Boyang is more consistent than Kolyada. Let's see tomorrow.

gold12345

Medalist
2 clean programmes out of 12? Yeah, I'm probably gonna skip the Olympics

They are doing multiple quads in a short program. It's not always going to go smoothly, which is a part of sport. Sure most of these guys could do a safe clean program with 3A, a 3-3, and a solo triple on a lot of occasions, but this is a new era of skating now.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We will learn how Kolyada deals with pressure in free skate.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Sorry but Javi was waay overscored.

His program is great but technically there's no way that is 44.

Tanaka is robbed here.
I'd nudge Tanaka's scores up and Javi's down a notch. But that's reputation for you. We got so many threads about it. :biggrin:

Grin

Medalist
It seems Kolyada picked up some consistency lost by Alina today :dance2::dance2::dance2:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Damn, dozed off and slept through the last 3 skaters and 10 pages of this thread. Surprising results to wake up to I must say!