2017 GP Cup of China Mens SP | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Cup of China Mens SP

nimi

Medalist
Some judges did give Mikhail's 4Lz 0 GOE? Maybe there wasn't enough steps before it or are they watching something else?
I think it's the steps. I should rewatch but IIRC the required connecting steps/footwork were not really there... And we all know judging panels can be quite inconsistent when it comes to this particular requirement so...

Still, he ended up with +GOE overall so he should be pretty happy. The jump itself was a real beauty.

da96103

Record Breaker
I think with this skate Kolyada might have just got his ticket for Oly. No way that Russia at this moment has two other better senior skaters, so even when he doesn't do well at the Nationals he has great chances to go.

I would have Tanaka in third, didn't liked Javi today. And his Chaplin is a bit bland, there were over the time loads of better choreographed programs with Chaplin's music.

He certainly deserves it if his SP is over 103 and could potentially be higher with a higher spin level. However, Kolyada has an inconsistent FS reputation.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm glad the stream switched over because the British guys had wonderful things to say about Mikhail's skating that I could understand :laugh:

Nika09

On the Ice
Javier Fernandez 3T+2T had a spread of 0s and 1s but judge 8 gave -3? What's up with that?

Sometimes I think the judge that gives GOE that is too far from the rest of the panel needs to be investigated if he/she have been receiving money to either over-mark or under-mark skaters or have been drinking too much wine/drugs before the event.

Not that dramatic, but they should have been investigated indeed. They are professionals after all, but it seems like we have random persons from the public across the board. Here in this forum are much more knowledgeable "nonprofessionals" though.
This is the main reason why this sport not and never will be taking serious.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good night all!

tomorrow is the judgement day
tomorrow we will know what our god in heaven has in store
one more day
one daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore!

:bed: :bed: :bed:

da96103

Record Breaker
Because i think that his skate was better than Javier's, but he got less than him.

That's how it is in this business. Javier is the leading European skater, and Tanaka is just a (at best) 3rd best Japanese skater.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Javier Fernandez 3T+2T had a spread of 0s and 1s but judge 8 gave -3? What's up with that?

Sometimes I think the judge that gives GOE that is too far from the rest of the panel needs to be investigated if he/she have been receiving money to either over-mark or under-mark skaters or have been drinking too much wine/drugs before the event.

Judge 8 is Delfa. He is most definitely never going to underscore Javier. The dude sits in Javier's K&C sometimes. J9 who gave the -3 seems to have scored him fine on the rest, so probably hit the wrong button on the combo.

rollerblade

Record Breaker

I'm with Judge 9 - hate them pops! :biggrin:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Just as well, it is clearly human error, and any outlier have been thrown out. The Swedish judge made up for it for giving him +2 in almost every single GOE afterwards. The Canadian judge just love Javier and Mikhail, while stingey with HanYan's score, same with the Spanish judge.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I think such a high score has brought Javi nothing and shall. I havent seen his best performance for a long time except Worlds 2017 SP. He is totally get used to getting judges help and hasnt made progress. He was slow and dull. And youngstars are coming. Sorry Javi, God sees the real thing.

MIM

Medalist
In Javi's defense, he deserves his PCS. He didn't just skate to Chaplin, he acted one with skating. His excellent control over the blades was used to portray Chaplin. It was beyond a superficial level where most skaters do with face and gesture in a pausing section. He played with the rhythm fluently to be Chaplin. I think he has opened up a new dimension/level of what skating can be. Thus, I believe it should be viewed as significant as conquering quads like Yuzu, and mastering skating skills as Chan. JIMO.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
He certainly deserves it if his SP is over 103 and could potentially be higher with a higher spin level. However, Kolyada has an inconsistent FS reputation.

Yeap, this is true. However, they don't have a more consistent skater who can put a bigger score than him. Aliev is good but also inconsistent (needs a bit more senior experience and he will be between the best the years coming, but he is not there yet), Samarin even clean is not near Kolyada, Kovtun is also inconsistent and his technic is still atrocious and awkward. Voronov is nowadays more consistent but behind in both scores. They do not have a Jason Brown who has lesser technical content but gets great score because of his great PCS skills. So, which two other could replace him in the team?

moriel

Record Breaker
I'm with Judge 9 - hate them pops! :biggrin:

I´m also with Judge 9
Since its warhorse year,

No, not jumpin'. Poppin'.
So, I said to him
I said "You pop that jump one more time..."
End he did
So I took the shotgun off the wall
And I fired two warning shots
Into his head

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I got a bit of distanced from skating rn with the whole following Ragnarok realease
checked the results

& wow! Misha's 1st!:dance3:
Now pls go on that way!

Roast Toast

Medalist
The GOEs for Kolyada's lutz are a hilarious example of this sport's terrible rulebook. HOW is it allowable that half of the judging panel cannot agree on the application of the preceding steps rule? I don't even mind the ruling either way -- it's the lack of decision that's ludicrous. Could they make it any more obvious that it is a "waive this rule if you want to boost this skater" type of deal.