2017 GP Cup of China Mens FS | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Cup of China Mens FS

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
As I read this section, I got entirely too many full page pop ups for "games" and often had to force quit and come back in. Anyone else having this happen. Very annoying.

You might have been browser hacked... there are anti-malware programs that can get rid of them if that's the problem.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
What a not so hot mess this men's competition. Yay for Max Aaron but really what a mess. It was like who was the best of the worst. Who could survive the attempt to land quads. I thought Boyang would shine being in China and this being maybe a weaker field. Looks likes someone is watching over the American boys!!!

It does seem like Kevin Reynolds may be jeopordizing his spot to the olympics. Reynolds used to have some hope because he was tryign to do two different quads but he consistently has rotation issues and everyone has passed him. M eanwhile he has been unsuccessful in improving his pcs and artistry. I like Grant but with the quad fest and him not being Jason Brown he seems to be an after thought. Really a huge disappointment - nothing against MK. Oh and I don't think his skating skills and programs are that bad as some suggest.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm a bit miffed that Tanaka couldn't skate to his potential after that promising short. I mean, he will probably go to the Olympics, but this was his chance to show the World he belongs there with the other two, after that disastrous Worlds. He could've made the podium. Argh!

And Javier, I still dislike the costume. I don't know if these two programs are such a good vehicle for the Olympic Season. Sure, Javier can sell them well, they are right up his alley, but I also think they lack power and a real 'bam' feeling so many of his older programs had. Sometimes I ask myself if Brian Orser relives the skating he isn't able to do anymore through Javier, it looks so much like Brian Orser 2.0. And I slowly begin to think that both Javier & Yuzuru at Brian Orser is not the best combination anymore. Well, I guess Javier is in his last season, and perhaps Yuzuru will want some change if the Olympics don't go his way, too. Let's see.

Icey

Record Breaker
You might have been browser hacked... there are anti-malware programs that can get rid of them if that's the problem.

The only site this is occurring on for me is Goldenskate. I ran an anti-malware program, but still when I came back here the same problem occurred: This time I got a message that I had won a Facebook prize. Why it is only happening on this site for me is a mystery and is very annoying.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The only site this is occurring on for me is Goldenskate. I ran an anti-malware program, but still when I came back here the same problem occurred: This time I got a message that I had won a Facebook prize. Why it is only happening on this site for me is a mystery and is very annoying.

This has happened in the past with me (hijacked to a fake Facebook page) and the mods have been helpful. If you go to the Announcements forum and go to the thread “Ad Reporting”, you may get assistance.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Sometimes I ask myself if Brian Orser relives the skating he isn't able to do anymore through Javier, it looks so much like Brian Orser 2.0. And I slowly begin to think that both Javier & Yuzuru at Brian Orser is not the best combination anymore. Well, I guess Javier is in his last season, and perhaps Yuzuru will want some change if the Olympics don't go his way, too. Let's see.

Mostly I agree with you, but not on this, LOL. I remember Orser from his eligible years and I don´t see any resemblance. Javier has always been Javier = his own person very much, IMO, but skatingwise the Orser team has tought him A LOT. And he has great choreographer, David Wilson. I like Javi´s both new programs, but they just need to be skated faultlessly to really shine.

binky

Rinkside
I'm a bit miffed that Tanaka couldn't skate to his potential after that promising short. ...And Javier, I still dislike the costume. I don't know if these two programs are such a good vehicle for the Olympic Season. Sure, Javier can sell them well, they are right up his alley, but I also think they lack power and a real 'bam' feeling so many of his older programs had. Olympics don't go his way, too. Let's see.

agree that these are not good olympic programs especially the long which definitely lacks "bam" and the costume is old fashioned and awful!

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
I haven't watched anything yet, but I am at a disbelief for these results. :eeking: Max Aaron placing first in the free skate? Javier in sixth overall???? What even is this event

NAOTMAA

Medalist
When any of the top men pulls two clean programs together?
Did it even happen during this GP season?

The men have been a splatfest for quite a while now. Its been mostly decided on who makes the least amount of mistakes instead of who skates the best. The clean performances are few in between. Most seem to focus on the few clean performances and dream of the potential or know it but willingly cast a blind eye because the men in contention are fan favorites :confused2:

I know many fans seem to think the men's event is the most exciting these days but I think its hardly entertaining to see a champion declared simply because he didn't fall apart too much compared to the others. The Yagudin/Plushenko days are long gone.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Men are splatfests because skaters go for these 5 quad programs despite not being comfortable with them at all, simply because rotating them fully gives so many points, regardless of falls. This really sacrifices the quality of performance.

And it's a shame because the enjoyable, clean strikes like what Han Yan did there cannot compete at all. Men's skating no longer is about enjoying good, clean programs but rather seeing who might hand down and fall the least - A very sad state for the discipline at this point in time.

rabbit1234

On the Ice
Men are splatfests because skaters go for these 5 quad programs despite not being comfortable with them at all, simply because rotating them fully gives so many points, regardless of falls. This really sacrifices the quality of performance.

And it's a shame because the enjoyable, clean strikes like what Han Yan did there cannot compete at all. Men's skating no longer is about enjoying good, clean programs but rather seeing who might hand down and fall the least - A very sad state for the discipline at this point in time.

It is not a fact.
Because competitors with a small number of quads do not have a small number of mistakes.
Indeed, the competitor who did the most fall with deduction 6.00 this time was Petrov who was planning quad 1 time.

The era of the Vancouver Olympics and Jeffrey battle etc not doing the quad were not few in the number of failures

rabbit1234

On the Ice
2017-2018 FP deduction worst ranking

6.00 Alexander PETROV ISU GP Audi Cup of China 2017
6.00 Ryuju HINO 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
6.00 Andrew DODDS 2017 Autumn Classic International
5.00 Luc MAIERHOFER ISU CS Nebelhorn Trophy 2017
4.00 Harry MATTICK 2017 Autumn Classic International
4.00 Albert MワCK 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
4.00 Harry MATTICK 22nd INTERNATIONNAL CUP OF NICE 2017
4.00 Jakub KRSNAK 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
4.00 Michel TSIBA 22nd INTERNATIONNAL CUP OF NICE 2017
4.00 Keiji TANAKA 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
4.00 Dmitri ALIEV ISU GP Rostelecom Cup 2017
4.00 Mikhail KOLYADA ISU GP Rostelecom Cup 2017
3.00 Daniel SAMOHIN ISU GP Rostelecom Cup 2017
3.00 Jinseo KIM 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
3.00 Mikhail KOLYADA 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy

The competitor with few quads is the top of the list.

2017-2017 FP GOE worst ranking

-18.84 Tim HUBER 10th Lombardia Trophy 2017
-15.69 Daniel SAMOHIN ISU GP Rostelecom Cup 2017
-14.84 Daniel SAMOHIN 2017 US International Figure Skating Classic
-14.29 Burak DEMIRBOGA ISU CS Nebelhorn Trophy 2017
-13.64 Landry LE MAY 10th Lombardia Trophy 2017
-13.46 Harry MATTICK 2017 Autumn Classic International
-12.30 Albert MワCK 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
-12.24 James MIN 10th Lombardia Trophy 2017
-12.02 Harry MATTICK 22nd INTERNATIONNAL CUP OF NICE 2017
-11.98 Andrew DODDS 2017 US International Figure Skating Classic
-11.92 Alexander PETROV ISU GP Audi Cup of China 2017
-11.70 Adrien TESSON 10th Lombardia Trophy 2017
-11.34 Jakub KRSNAK 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
-11.20 Nicky OBREYKOV ISU CS Nebelhorn Trophy 2017
-11.18 Valtter VIRTANEN 10th Lombardia Trophy 2017
-11.16 Meng Ju LEE 2017 Autumn Classic International
-11.12 Luc MAIERHOFER ISU CS Nebelhorn Trophy 2017

On the other hand, Nathan, shoma, hanyu with many quads has few falls and few failures.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Mostly I agree with you, but not on this, LOL. I remember Orser from his eligible years and I don´t see any resemblance. Javier has always been Javier = his own person very much, IMO, but skatingwise the Orser team has tought him A LOT. And he has great choreographer, David Wilson. I like Javi´s both new programs, but they just need to be skated faultlessly to really shine.

It's strictly the skating, some postures of Javier scream Brian Orser to me. I didn't want to say he's not his own person, but I see things of Brian Orser in Javier Fernandez, I do not see in Yuzuru Hanyu.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
2017-2018 FP deduction worst ranking

6.00 Alexander PETROV ISU GP Audi Cup of China 2017
6.00 Ryuju HINO 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
6.00 Andrew DODDS 2017 Autumn Classic International
5.00 Luc MAIERHOFER ISU CS Nebelhorn Trophy 2017
4.00 Harry MATTICK 2017 Autumn Classic International
4.00 Albert MワCK 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
4.00 Harry MATTICK 22nd INTERNATIONNAL CUP OF NICE 2017
4.00 Jakub KRSNAK 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
4.00 Michel TSIBA 22nd INTERNATIONNAL CUP OF NICE 2017
4.00 Keiji TANAKA 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
4.00 Dmitri ALIEV ISU GP Rostelecom Cup 2017
4.00 Mikhail KOLYADA ISU GP Rostelecom Cup 2017
3.00 Daniel SAMOHIN ISU GP Rostelecom Cup 2017
3.00 Jinseo KIM 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
3.00 Mikhail KOLYADA 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy

2017-2017 FP GOE worst ranking

-18.84 Tim HUBER 10th Lombardia Trophy 2017
-15.69 Daniel SAMOHIN ISU GP Rostelecom Cup 2017
-14.84 Daniel SAMOHIN 2017 US International Figure Skating Classic
-14.29 Burak DEMIRBOGA ISU CS Nebelhorn Trophy 2017
-13.64 Landry LE MAY 10th Lombardia Trophy 2017
-13.46 Harry MATTICK 2017 Autumn Classic International
-12.30 Albert MワCK 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
-12.24 James MIN 10th Lombardia Trophy 2017
-12.02 Harry MATTICK 22nd INTERNATIONNAL CUP OF NICE 2017
-11.98 Andrew DODDS 2017 US International Figure Skating Classic
-11.92 Alexander PETROV ISU GP Audi Cup of China 2017
-11.70 Adrien TESSON 10th Lombardia Trophy 2017
-11.34 Jakub KRSNAK 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
-11.20 Nicky OBREYKOV ISU CS Nebelhorn Trophy 2017
-11.18 Valtter VIRTANEN 10th Lombardia Trophy 2017
-11.16 Meng Ju LEE 2017 Autumn Classic International
-11.12 Luc MAIERHOFER ISU CS Nebelhorn Trophy 2017

On the other hand, Nathan, shoma, hanyu with many quads has few falls and few failures.

Your data is skewed because it’s incomplete. Jason usually attempts one quad and falls, but rarely has other falls, and almost always gets a lot of positive GOE.