2017 GP Cup of China Mens FS | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Cup of China Mens FS

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I want to say, yay, congratulations to all the medalists! But somehow...that falls flat. About Kolyada, I'm not surprised by this outing, and that's why I still don't think he's a contender. When did he ever pull two clean programs together? Boyang has to seriously reconsider this program. It was just meh, and even without mistakes I don't think he's going to get far. The only congratulations I can heartfeltly deliver are those to Han Yan and Max Aaron! Well done! Javier....the GPF is gone. Missed the GPF for the first time in a long time....I cannot remember if I've ever seen him so...bad. Why did this happen? Is it because Orser was not there, offering support? I still think it's too early to say all is doom and gloom because bad days happen. It's certainly not good for his confidence, this. I hope he can at least start a little comeback in France. Might be better for him to not have the pressure of GPF. I'm sad. Javier and Patrick, both not at the GPF. Oh dear.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
By the time Javier hit the last jump 2F+1Lo+2S, he just wants to go home to Miki.

Dont want to get off topic, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong ... Javier and Miki are no longer dating from what I understand.

da96103

Record Breaker
I've calculated the men here: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...d-Prix-Final&p=1835454&viewfull=1#post1835454

Here's what I got:
Mikhail Kolyada - 26; 550.44(COC) -- Qualified
Shoma Uno - 15; 301.10 (TdF)
Nathan Chen - 15; 293.79 (SA)
Yuzuru Hanyu - 13; 290.77 (NHK)
Boyang Jin -13; 264.48 (SA)
Jason Brown - 13; 261.14 (NHK)
---
Max Aaron - 11; 259.69 (TdF)
Alexander Samarin - 11; 250.06 (TdF)
Vincent Zhou - 9 256.66 (TdF)
Misha Ge - 9; 255.33 (TdF)
Patrick Chan 9; 245.70 (w/d from NHK)
Yan Han; 7; 254.61 - no other GP evenet
Moris Kvitelashvili 7; 250.26 (TdF)
Jorik Hendrickx 7; 237.31 (SA)

Still to compete:
Sergei Voronov (NHK+ SA)
Adam Rippon (NHK + SA)
Alexei Bychenko (NHK + TDF)

If:
Boyang gets silver in SA
Brown gets silver at NHK

Then all doors are closed for the other skaters. (Unless they can beat Yuzu, Shoma, Nathan for 1st)

- - - Updated - - -

Dont want to get off topic, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong ... Javier and Miki are no longer dating from what I understand.

What? When did this happen? during the summer?

Duality

On the Ice
I think a lot of people are underestimating his skating skills.

He skates very fast, he has good skating skills, he stays in character and the jumping technique is among the best or the best.

And this is something we say often in Men figure skating because with all these quads even Shoma, Yuzuru and Javi have their mistakes in the free skate but they win because of the overall quality.

While i love Ge's commitment, his skating is average: always kinda slow, not the best range of movements,... i can see why judges never gave him the big marks.

Certainly!
These people are okay with Brown having 85+ TES for underrotated and fallen quad and pop and having 90 for PCS but when Michail with much better jumps, quads and skating skills has better TES and same PCS they are talking about how the judging is corrupted.
It's okay for Shoma to have million mistakes and have very high TESm like 100+.
It's okay for Javi, Yuzu etc have pops, mistakes etc.

But now Michail is in the game! Now he is one of the top skaters now cause he has everything: jumps, skating skills, spins, personality. He is on the same board with Chen, Chan, Uno, Hanyu, someone like it or not. And now everyone should put up with Mica's high TES and PCS for imperfect skates cause he deserves it with the quality of his jumps, spins ans skills.

moriel

Record Breaker
I want to say, yay, congratulations to all the medalists! But somehow...that falls flat. About Kolyada, I'm not surprised by this outing, and that's why I still don't think he's a contender. When did he ever pull two clean programs together? Boyang has to seriously reconsider this program. It was just meh, and even without mistakes I don't think he's going to get far. The only congratulations I can heartfeltly deliver are those to Han Yan and Max Aaron! Well done! Javier....the GPF is gone. Missed the GPF for the first time in a long time....I cannot remember if I've ever seen him so...bad. Why did this happen? Is it because Orser was not there, offering support? I still think it's too early to say all is doom and gloom because bad days happen. It's certainly not good for his confidence, this. I hope he can at least start a little comeback in France. Might be better for him to not have the pressure of GPF. I'm sad. Javier and Patrick, both not at the GPF. Oh dear.

When any of the top men pulls two clean programs together?
Did it even happen during this GP season?

rabbit1234

On the Ice
Mikhail KOLYADA

PCS : deduction
89.00 : 4.00 : ISU GP Rostelecom Cup 2017
87.14 : 1.00 : ISU GP Audi Cup of China 2017
85.90 : 3.00 : 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
81.42 : 2.00 : Finlandia Trophy Espoo 2017

I think that it is his home country that the PCS is the highest for Rostelecom that fell three times.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Javier is still with Miki. They were off for a bit but are back on, since this summer.

The other Javier (Raya) has a boyfriend.

I thought Javi had a new girlfriend? I've seen him on a picture with her somewhere recently. But I don't really follow his love life closely outside of Twitter gossip by others.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
When any of the top men pulls two clean programs together?
Did it even happen during this GP season?

Not yet, you're right. But the Olympic Season is tough & still fresh. I believe it is possible for Yuzuru, Shoma, Boyang or Nathan to skate two clean programs. Kolyada? Not so much. But gosh, he is a talent. And he looks good! Maybe he can win Europeans, although I'd rather see Javier's redemption happen. I think it was Mao Asada who didn't make the GPF in the year she won silver at the Olympic Games, right? So everything is still possible, even for Javier and Patrick. Like I wrote, the stress of the GPF is gone, they can concentrate and come back stronger in February.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Javier is still with Miki. They were off for a bit but are back on, since this summer.

The other Javier (Raya) has a boyfriend.

Hmm, well great for them if they are indeed back together. But I was under the impression that Javi is dating someone else ... Miki and Javi no longer follow each other on Instagram.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to the Podium finishers! Highlight for me was Max FS.

I felt bad for Javi. Hopefully he can rebound in France.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I thought Javi had a new girlfriend? I've seen him on a picture with her somewhere recently. But I don't really follow his love life closely outside of Twitter gossip by others.

Again?! I know they were off, then back on during the summer but goodness. Ok I don't follow their personal lives that closely either so we'll go with Twitter.

Goodness. Sorry for the bad info guys lol

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since I was asleep for the men's FP and most of COC I'll react:

YES KEVIN! Good comeback!
Javi didn't medal? Oh wow.
Congrats Mikhail for qualifying for the GPF!
Wow! Max Aaron medaled! Good for him and I'm sure Karne is still not calm.

Skatefan15

On the Ice
it sucks that Max's next gp isn't as easy as Jason nor Adam:confused: But I really hope Max makes it to gpf, that might almost lock him a spot on the team:pray:

icybear

Medalist
I don't feel Boyang's programs this year. I liked him last year a lot, but he seems one trick pony and quite boring this year.

Calling him a one trick pony is over the top. I think his SP shows that he is capable of doing other genre of music than just fun Spiderman