2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies SP | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies SP

Purv

Match Penalty
Alina got 2 UR , she got only one clean triple and she ended up with 62

kenboy123

On the Ice
Even the 1st place Osmond can't afford to fhuck up in the FS because eryone below her is very close!

Even 6th place Bet or 5th place Zagitova can still win gold here with a clean skate! Exciting!

UHH.... they aren't that close...

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Alina got 2 UR , she got only one clean triple and she ended up with 62
UR and fall on the same jump kind of diminishes the impact because the negative GOE comes into play only once.

That is, normally a UR call would mean -BV as well as -2 or so GOE, whereas a UR added to a fall is only a base value penalty.

kenboy123

On the Ice
Yes since she will have 2 silvers while Wakaba has bronze and silver but Maria still have to skate clean in the FS because the scores are super close!

Have you seen the scores???...they aren't that close at all...go back to Cup of China Short Program ....that was super close...

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I don't know, even with the double on the end of the combo and the hand down, Kaetlyn's SP was still entertaining and fun to watch. What a great program, and as always she performs it start to finish.

Back to Polina, I saw the score first and then the program -- given the score my expectations were low, but seeing the program, I think if she sticks with it Polina can still climb back up and challenge at least nationally (I mean, given the state of US ladies now). She has continued to improve her polish and command and looks smoother than ever, if she can get the jump tech back.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Re the quality of the ice:

For those who understand French (I do not), this page (article, plus scroll down for a video) has some information about making the ice for this competition.

The page is from a few days ago.

http://france3-regions.francetvinfo...-mondiale-du-patinage-artistique-1365429.html (Nov 14)​

I'm curious whether anything interesting is said??
The competition organizers have mobilized some twenty workers since Monday to scrape the 1800 square meters of the rink to create an immaculate surface.

"We are covering the ice with a white powder mixed with water," explains Claude Pissard, ice-surfacer. "This way, we'll have an even surface."

L'organisation de la compétition mobilise depuis ce lundi une vingtaine d'agents chargés de racler les quelques 1800 mètres carrés de patinoire pour obtenir une glace immaculée.

"Nous recouvrons la glace avec une poudre blanche mélangée à de l'eau"explique Claude Pissard, glacier-surfaceur, "de cette façon, nous aurons une surface uniforme".

whatif

Medalist
Well, this is Osmond's to lose now. And things are looking good for Sotskova to make the final, for now.

Alifyre

On the Ice
Maria somehow evaded the UR police :scratch3: overall I think this judging is very decent.

Yeah I was a little confused how Maria got a SB here when I think she was a bit more convincing and strong at SC, especially since her 3F looked UR and was 2ft? But then again, no tech panel will compare to the brutality that was SC

TunaKeem

Rinkside
Hooray! Mai still has a shot! Not sure if the ice conditions are bad or if the top ladies are crumbling under the pressure in the Olympic season.

I find a little hope that Mai was well adjusted to whatever the ice condition was and she just made a miscalculation in the distance between her and the boards in her opening combination. It looks like she came out of the toe loop to avoid crashing into the boards mid-jump. Hopefully, this was just a crazy mistake and she skates clean tomorrow and lands on the podium!

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know, even with the double on the end of the combo and the hand down, Kaetlyn's SP was still entertaining and fun to watch. What a great program, and as always she performs it start to finish.

Back to Polina, I saw the score first and then the program -- given the score my expectations were low, but seeing the program, I think if she sticks with it Polina can still climb back up and challenge at least nationally (I mean, given the state of US ladies now). She has continued to improve her polish and command and looks smoother than ever, if she can get the jump tech back.

Other than the under on the 3T with negative GOE, all Polinas other GOE were positive with no negatives.

kiamma

Rinkside
What the heck happened here?! Seriously worried for wakaba. Curse you ice!

I don't mind Maria's skating, she's light and not stressful to watch for me...but I'm kinda hoping to see Wakaba in the final :slink:

Alina and Kaetlyn can duke it out for the gold, I'm just praying Mai or Yuna can snatch a bronze here...