2023 JGP PGE Solidarity Cup Men's Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP PGE Solidarity Cup Men's Free Skate

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yeah I thought they had rules and stuff?

I guess it's only with concussions that they'll stop it even if the skater continues because of the danger of actually dying...

Poor Yudong :( Get well soon!

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
This is supposed to be the referee and coaches' jobs, the referee to stop the program and the coach to tell their charge to not compete. I don't care if the skater doesn't want to WD, this is a junior competition and the adults NEED to prioitise the health of the athletes they have been given charge of. There need to be rule changes to prevent children from injuring themselves further in competion.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I was wondering whether the referee or the coach could do anything according to the rules? Can they stop a performance if it's deemed to be too dangerous?
I think the referee can definitely stop the skate if they think it's necessary! Especially when the skater takes a long time to get up after a fall. He could barely walk off the ice by the end.

Wondering now if there are any instances excluding conclusions where this has happened

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Gee the last group is proving slightly cursed here...

Ed's not having the best luck with his 3A, but he's getting up quickly so he seems OK.

I am enjoying his armography and hey we're at the club now.

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
The Chinese fed making weird choices here. Letting someone sick and injured still skate is questionable
100% agree, and remember they also allowed / pushed Yihan to skate in back-to-back events despite having that persistent coughs! 🤬🤬🤬

I wished Ted and Mark would've said something along the line of "kids please don't follow this example, your body is worth more than any medals ok" - I don't want any kids to be "inspired" by those performances and push themselves to skate while sick or injured :(